Recommended Posts

On 2018-03-01 at 3:20 PM, NoE38 said:

I think that double-green is my new favourite look. It's a great colour scheme, and represents Seattle perfectly. That's a real unique take on the socks as well, but I think it pays off, since Boston's gone with black socks. The one thing that I would change is making the outline go all around the logo. The bottom is blending in with the jersey right now.

 

Hi NoE...yeah, Boston kinda abandoned the contrasting socks thing, didn't they?...they shouldn't have! ...You're right...the bottom of the logo "disappearing" on the darks, won't happen on the whites, and I may use the squarish logo on the homes. I'm trying to stay away from adding another outline to that logo.

 

On 2018-03-01 at 7:05 PM, ScreamingViking said:

Have you considered changing the bird's feet on the totem and turning them into two hockey sticks? That's what they look like from afar.

 

Thanks SV...I can see that now...I might try that later when I do some some merch stuff.

 

On 2018-03-01 at 11:02 PM, B-mer said:

Love the update to the dark green. And I just noticed the hockey stick in the S logo. Nicely done. The only part that I don't like is the socks on the home (dark) set. Would look better if you matched it to the white set's socks and just changed the upper part to the dark green. 

If you were to go with alternating the logos between the home and road, I'd reverse it. The S logo has more light green in it and would stand out more on the dark jersey. And the other logo will contrast more on the white. 

Also, I'd love to see these with two other color combos. Keeping the dark green, but one with the light green as sport gold/yellow, and then another with it as a light blue - like Tennessee Titans or Carolina Panthers light blue. 

 

B-mer.. I think that I'll mix and match some colour combos when I get all 9 logos and unis worked out. I've put a light blue/green with the Sea Lions logo.

 

On 2018-03-02 at 5:22 PM, Pulv! said:

The S is a good old goalie ;) Nice idea there!

 

Bingo Pulv!!!...and we all know that goalies are a tad whacked.

 

20 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Black over dark green for totems 

15 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Love both schemes for the Totems, though I prefer the double green. The logo arrangement on the dark jersey looks best IMO.

 

It seems to be a toss-up between the colours...the black definitely makes the lime green "pop" a bit more, and the dark green mellows it out a bit. 

Here's the unis with the totem goalie on the front and in dark green...

 

cxPHrQ5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-02 at 11:22 AM, SimonDallas said:

 Can you do the seals and  Sea Lions next

 

Here ya go, Simon...

 

The Seattle Sea Lions

 

I went with "Sea Lions" rather than "Seals" for no other reason than "Seals" has been used before, and is currently being used by the new NLL San Diego Seals (starting next year). The Seals name would work fine though with this identity/logo. There are many ways you could approach this identity, but I initially thought that I would come up with a design that referenced the City of Seattle's flag...

 

s3IdvgC.jpg

 

Using the city's colours and flat clean wave-y shapes, I came up with this...

 

HPeZKND.jpg

I like it,  but we already have another teal team...maybe too close to the Sharks' palette... Also, I like the trident shape: it's on the A-list for basic shapes IMHO. (think Maserati)... It suggests nautical supremacy and is just a cool shape. However, it seems that the Mariners may be reclaiming the trident "M"... (it's on their spring caps according to Chris). I don't know if that would be a problem or not. I'm gonna stick with it for now. If it's an issue, the trident could be swapped out for a hockey stick. That would also work. So, I kept the trident, but looked at trying some different colour combos...

 

xcwWJSv.jpg

 

...before deciding to go with the green and yellow/gold (I threw in a little grey-green on the logos)...

 

FYyDHcu.jpg

 

I went super-traditional on the unis, with a basic North-Western-style striping...

 

Klgr3wX.jpg

 

So...after doing all this, Liewicke states that the new Seattle NHL uniforms will NOT be green and gold...:blink:

Back to the drawing board ?...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say go with options three or six. While I like the green/yellow and the 1980s Bruins-esque uniform, those two color schemes would be fantastic. The logos do a good job of combining the different elements in a streamlined way. Dare I say it, this may be the best one in your series so far! Excellent work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

I say go with options three or six. While I like the green/yellow and the 1980s Bruins-esque uniform, those two color schemes would be fantastic. The logos do a good job of combining the different elements in a streamlined way. Dare I say it, this may be the best one in your series so far! Excellent work.

 

Thank you SF...appreciate that...I'll try those 2 combos out later this evening and post them up...#3 would be pretty fresh, and #6, (especially with a vintage white) would reference the 1917 Metropolitans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there’s some work to be done on the flippers, the front one seems disconnected and the back one either has weird perspective or is disproportionate to the body. I prefer the one color version of the logo, and teal is a strong enough color that it could pair well with just white, in addition to being the flag colors. Alternatively, maybe add navy. Green and gold with the sea lion shape is a bit too reminiscent of the Seals considering the name.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The green/yellow puts it too close to the original Seals, I think. I'm always going to advocate for a brown/blue combo, so yeah, #1.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you've made an amazing mark once again, but I'd agree that the brown/blue combo would be best and most unique. Maybe take color trial #1, make the black things brown and the brown seal into a lighter brown. Hate suggesting color combos, so only listen if it makes sense. Tufts athletics uniforms always looks pretty good, and I think their color scheme would suit Seattle as well. Great job, as always.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Option 1 would be the best most likely, the rest would follow as is (in my opinion) :

3

5

4

6

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, sparky chewbarky said:

 

Here ya go, Simon...

 

The Seattle Sea Lions

 

I went with "Sea Lions" rather than "Seals" for no other reason than "Seals" has been used before, and is currently being used by the new NLL San Diego Seals (starting next year). The Seals name would work fine though with this identity/logo. There are many ways you could approach this identity, but I initially thought that I would come up with a design that referenced the City of Seattle's flag...

 

s3IdvgC.jpg

 

Using the city's colours and flat clean wave-y shapes, I came up with this...

 

HPeZKND.jpg

I like it,  but we already have another teal team...maybe too close to the Sharks' palette... Also, I like the trident shape: it's on the A-list for basic shapes IMHO. (think Maserati)... It suggests nautical supremacy and is just a cool shape. However, it seems that the Mariners may be reclaiming the trident "M"... (it's on their spring caps according to Chris). I don't know if that would be a problem or not. I'm gonna stick with it for now. If it's an issue, the trident could be swapped out for a hockey stick. That would also work. So, I kept the trident, but looked at trying some different colour combos...

 

xcwWJSv.jpg

 

...before deciding to go with the green and yellow/gold (I threw in a little grey-green on the logos)...

 

FYyDHcu.jpg

 

I went super-traditional on the unis, with a basic North-Western-style striping...

 

Klgr3wX.jpg

 

So...after doing all this, Liewicke states that the new Seattle NHL uniforms will NOT be green and gold...:blink:

Back to the drawing board ?...

How original using Calgary flames 3rd jersey design 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flames1fan said:

How original using Calgary flames 3rd jersey design 

Yes, because ONLY the flames have used that design... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NoE38 said:

Yes, because ONLY the flames have used that design... ;)

no that design used alot by teams by some teams add things

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Flames1fan said:

no that design used alot by teams by some teams add things

I agree. And besides, the colors of green, yellow, and white are used in the most of the logos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

sparky, I think you knocked it out of the park with that sea lion logo. However, I think the logo looks best in the original 1-color form. If there was some way to incorporate that logo that'd be awesome and it'd make for a very clean uniform. My ideas for color palette are:

 

-Teal and white (only teal and white. Doesn't look too much like the sharks, very clean.)

-Light teal/Navy/Vintage White

-SIlverblue/Teal/white

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about #4 with green switched with gray? (btw I love your design to insanity!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This one is beyond cool. I don’t know if I like it as a main crest though. Maybe it would look more prominent without the background triangle thing so you only have the two colors. Also color scheme 3 is the winner in my mind

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-05 at 8:44 AM, TheRealCoachCarter said:

#1 Totems

Distant #2 Sea Lions

OK Coach...still to come...Emeralds and Kraken(s)...

On 2018-03-05 at 8:45 AM, anythinglogos said:

I think there’s some work to be done on the flippers, the front one seems disconnected and the back one either has weird perspective or is disproportionate to the body. I prefer the one color version of the logo, and teal is a strong enough color that it could pair well with just white, in addition to being the flag colors. Alternatively, maybe add navy. Green and gold with the sea lion shape is a bit too reminiscent of the Seals considering the name.

I tweaked the flippers a tad... and have mocked-up a dark teal version...thanks logos...

On 2018-03-05 at 10:18 PM, Jake3.roo said:

sparky, I think you knocked it out of the park with that sea lion logo. However, I think the logo looks best in the original 1-color form. If there was some way to incorporate that logo that'd be awesome and it'd make for a very clean uniform. My ideas for color palette are:

-Teal and white (only teal and white. Doesn't look too much like the sharks, very clean.)

-Light teal/Navy/Vintage White

-SIlverblue/Teal/white

I've given the Teal/white a shot, Jake...

On 2018-03-06 at 10:23 PM, Midwest_surfer said:

This one is beyond cool. I don’t know if I like it as a main crest though. Maybe it would look more prominent without the background triangle thing so you only have the two colors. Also color scheme 3 is the winner in my mind

I took the triangle out on the 2-colour option...thanks surfer

 

OK...here's the 1-colour dark teal logos...had to add a bit more teal to the white version as the white portion on the chest just looked too thick...

 

gHCO61X.jpg

 

Possible unis...(maybe a bit too similar to the Leafs)...

 

VB1bGhb.jpg

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-03-05 at 8:46 AM, Whittier S said:

The green/yellow puts it too close to the original Seals, I think. I'm always going to advocate for a brown/blue combo, so yeah, #1.

 

On 2018-03-05 at 3:57 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Option 1 would be the best most likely, the rest would follow as is (in my opinion) :

3

5

4

6

2

On 2018-03-06 at 1:16 PM, Pulv! said:

What about #4 with green switched with gray? (btw I love your design to insanity!)

 

Thanks for the response, everyone...working on uniforms for the following colour combos...

 

pSzOi3l.jpg

 

tETwf9b.jpg

 

b19ynfU.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks beautiful not considering anything besides the look by itself, and I want this to be my favorite concept from you. There is just one large BUT... and that is the division rival that is just about the same color and might see that little fella as a snack in the ocean where they both reside, but hell kings and knights work. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TheHealthiestScratch said:

There is just one large BUT... and that is the division rival that is just about the same color and might see that little fella as a snack in the ocean where they both reside

 

...that IS a factor to consider, Scratch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now