On 2018-03-05 at 8:46 AM, Whittier S said:

I'm always going to advocate for a brown/blue combo, so yeah, #1.

On 2018-03-05 at 12:22 PM, eRay said:

but I'd agree that the brown/blue combo would be best and most unique. Maybe take color trial #1, make the black things brown and the brown seal into a lighter brown.

Good idea, eRay...

On 2018-03-05 at 3:57 PM, BellaSpurs said:

Option 1 would be the best most likely

Thanks for the input, folks!

Ok...here's the first of 3 other combos (I'll take the #2 combo with a side order...:P). This one is for the brownies...looks pretty good and would be tres unique....

XWGX4sB.jpg

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I think it looks the best without the triangle. The three color option without the triangle background would look great too. On the two color and the green and brown one, I think the trident should be behind his left flipper instead of in front of it though. The way it is, it looks like he’s holding it with the back of his left “hand”.

4 hours ago, Midwest_surfer said:

Yeah I think it looks the best without the triangle. The three color option without the triangle background would look great too. On the two color and the green and brown one, I think the trident should be behind his left flipper instead of in front of it though. The way it is, it looks like he’s holding it with the back of his left “hand”.

Yeah...I have to play with it a bit more...It's supposed to be between his right flipper and body, and then coming down in front of the left (behind) flipper.

2 hours ago, Flames1fan said:

color of the team should be green and blue. all Seattle teams seem to follow that theme.

I hear ya, Flames1fan...the only issue is that the team just up the road has that same colour scheme...unless Seattle goes with mostly green.

22 minutes ago, Bomo said:

Can someone do a Kraken rendering? 

Or if there has been one done can you share a link please.

Thank you. 

Awesome skills.

Boy...do I have a Kraken concept for you, Bomo!!!...Coming soon.

1 hour ago, Dan O'Mac said:

But why limit yourself? If a brown/light blue work, do it!

Agreed!

OK...The Lightning have pretty much moved on from their blue/black/silver palette (I don't know why), so I figure it's up for grabs!...

TvjsCF5.jpg

32 minutes ago, jdavidev said:

But the Sharks haven't...

I don't think that would be too problematic as the Sharks don't wear a black primary. 

As for the designs fantastic work @sparky chewbarky. I think you hit the nail on the head with the brown and blue Sea Lions, although I would like to see light blue breezers on the home. Keep it up, looking forward to the rest!

2 hours ago, VikingsAiden said:

I don't think that would be too problematic as the Sharks don't wear a black primary. 

As for the designs fantastic work @sparky chewbarky. I think you hit the nail on the head with the brown and blue Sea Lions, although I would like to see light blue breezers on the home. Keep it up, looking forward to the rest!

Listen, I think the design and scheme are great, but when the NHL had third jersey's, the Sharks wear black a ton, even made black their primary in the playoffs for several years.  Would like to see the chest stripe design with the brown and blue too.

On 3/7/2018 at 9:14 PM, sparky chewbarky said:

OK Coach...still to come...Emeralds and Kraken(s)...

I tweaked the flippers a tad... and have mocked-up a dark teal version...thanks logos...

I've given the Teal/white a shot, Jake...

I took the triangle out on the 2-colour option...thanks surfer

OK...here's the 1-colour dark teal logos...had to add a bit more teal to the white version as the white portion on the chest just looked too thick...

gHCO61X.jpg

Possible unis...(maybe a bit too similar to the Leafs)...

VB1bGhb.jpg

This. This is perfection. The logo is gorgeous, and has a perfect balance of complex and simple, the colors pop, and it’s awesome to see a two-color design that manages to stay 100% distinctive and original. This is the best variation by far.

EDIT: The trident on the pants makes it 5 times better. I’m in love.

Guest darkpiranha

I'm torn between the mono teal version (like in the post right above this one, or the black and teal one from a little farther up. One thing I liked in one of your earlier iterations was the grey-green you added.  What if there was a little of that on the mono-teal version?

Sparky, great work as always. I'm enjoying the evolution of your concepts.  I'm looking forward to what's to come as well. Have you thought about doing something related to moose? I know Manitoba has the moose, but I still think it'd be a viable NHL brand. Plus they could pull a youppi! with mariner moose...

8 hours ago, Bomo said:

Thanks Sparky.

Hi Bomo...I did up a Kraken (cray-kin) concept w-a-a-a-y back in 2013 (holy crap...5 years ago!) that was very well received. I'm gonna revamp it. The logos and colours will be the same but I'll upgrade the uniforms...I'll get to that real soon...

nP19Zkj.jpg

On 2018-03-08 at 6:47 PM, C-Squared said:

I loved the parallels with the Redblack flannel motif 

Thanks C...The plaid thing has worked great for the Redblacks. They've taken something that already exists and is popular (red "flannel" plaid) and have kinda made it their own...Seattle could do the same thing with green, and if there's one place that could embrace plaid...It's Seattle, with its logging and grunge history.

Archived