YouTube Video Logos

Bagel

Hey everyone. I have a YouTube channel where I post fan recap videos (think Steve Dangle) for the Chicago Blackhawks. I have two types of videos:

Hawks Recap - game recaps

CReBODv.jpg

Hawkie Talkie - where I recap Blackhawks/NHL news and other hockey stuff

E9CpWDz.jpg

I'm pretty happy with the logo I created for the Hawks Recap videos but the logo I created for Hawkie Talkie seems lacking. I'm a developer, not a designer, so I'd love to get feedback from you guys.

Thanks!

spacer.png

The first one's fine, but the second one is a bit much.  The H needs more definition with serifs so it's a bit clearer to deduce, but I get what you're going for.  Needs something to give it a Blackhawks flavor, too.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

@CS85 I'll see what I can come up with to define the letters a bit more and add a bit more Blackhawks-ness to it.

@DDR I thought about a system-like approach but I want these two logos to be easily distinguishable from each other especially since they'll be displayed in video thumbnails. I want to try and give them their own unique feel.

spacer.png

This reads better as an HT, but the first one reads a little better as a walkie talkie.  I would be interested to see how the interlocking letters look with rounded corners (i.e., something of a combination of the first and last versions).

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I like the last version of the HT logo first too, but would agree that I'm nto sure how well it reads as a walkie talkie.

What about something along these lines (did a 5 second mockup in Paint since it probably would be hard to illustrate through words)?

4WKeT7xXcSJyceHKhGSxb8lMqp-Zu5QXridIv6t6

Archived