Tennessee Titans Logo Proposal: New Helmet Options

8BW14

The Tennessee Titans' logo and uniforms and I have had a bit of an on-again-off-again relationship over the years. When I first remember seeing them in the Super Bowl against the Rams in 2000, I was in love with the logo, cuz, you know, FLAMES!!!!!!!! I was five then. As I got older, I soured on the logo, thinking the flames were over the top and the Titans would be better off using the sword alternate logo or the thumbtack roundel. The Titans' refusal to wear reasonable uniforms combos also drives me nuts. The helmet striping doesn't really go with anything and the brashier stripes on the pants don't feel right with the yoke, which has gotten too small over the years. The Uniforms have some good ideas, but I'm not crazy about the execution. Lately, the uniforms are still a mess, but I have come around on the idea of flames for the Titans. I think that is something they can own and it really just works. I do not care for the T logo. Besides the comparison to a thumbtack as far as it's shape goes, it feels small contained within the shield or roundel or whatever the circle is. The Titans logo should be big, "titanic"  and the T should be the focal point, IMO.

1rTduyL.png

I threw out the bathwater, but kept the baby. The colors remain the same, but the Flaming T is bigger and bolder. I don't think this is a finished product but I'm also not entirely sure what parts of the logo needs more work so, please feel free to offer and C&C. I would really appreciate it. Once the logo gets to a good place, I'll work on some new uniforms to go with the updated logo. Thanks for having a look.   

I see the Titans re-brands on here, and none seem to do away with the flames. As someone who isn't from the area, is there a significance behind the flames?

Because from my perspective, that T lends itself well to a sword, and embracing the "Greek diety" side of the Titans seems logical to me.

15 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

I see the Titans re-brands on here, and none seem to do away with the flames. As someone who isn't from the area, is there a significance behind the flames?

Because from my perspective, that T lends itself well to a sword, and embracing the "Greek diety" side of the Titans seems logical to me.

I guess my interpretation of the flames is angry and big and powerful. The Titans came from the Earth in Greek mythology, I believe, they were imprisoned deep inside a fiery prison within the earth and Prometheus, who was a Titan, gave fire to humans. Those are some reasons I like flames for the Titans, but the biggest is relationship between heat, anger, power and flames/fire. I was trying to evoke a sword with the T because you're right, it lends itself really well to a sword and a big  flaming Sword/T feels titanic and dynamic

I've seen people use wings, but they feel dainty and angelic to me so I don't really care for that look and the classic Greek pattern is so predictable and boring and it feels more Olympic than Titanic, IMO.

6 hours ago, Whittier S said:

The wordmark looks like T3.14159...ANS

52 minutes ago, scottyeagle said:

But pi's like, a Greek letter man, and the Titans are, like, Greek too, so it works.

Yeah, I can't unsee it.  Should probably clean that up. The flames on the T looks a little strange too, like they're at a weird angle.

Yeah the pi vibe might be a bit too strong. The more I look at the whole wordmark, the less I like it anyway. Back to the drawing board I think.

SrpgLp9.png

Here's an updated wordmark that doesn't include the Greek letter Pi. C&C is definitely more than welcome. I also have some rough and dirty helmet ideas

18p1E64.png

AH7pYq2.png

I think I'm partial to the blue helmet but I'd love to hear what everyone has to say, thanks for having a look.

Guest darkpiranha

How about making the sword grey/silver?  No matter what color you'd use for the helmet (red, blue, white) a significant part of the logo (the way it is now) will end up getting lost on the background.  

14 hours ago, darkpiranha said:

How about making the sword grey/silver?  No matter what color you'd use for the helmet (red, blue, white) a significant part of the logo (the way it is now) will end up getting lost on the background.  

Here's a silver helmet. I think maybe silver would be the way to go, with a light blue jersey and silver pants?

mMUO9Uc.png

20 hours ago, KRZYBDGRZ said:

Red helmet maybe? 

5Ke9uDv.png

I really like the way the red helmet looks, but it feels so wrong for the Titans, IDK. 

Archived