American Volleyball Associaton - Los Angeles

Sport

It's an indeterminate amount of time in the future. For whatever reason indoor team volleyball has exploded in popularity and a league has formed to capitalize on the sport's growth. 

KekA89w.png

4rtBdn0.png

Philadelphia Founders 

New Orleans Night Owls, Version 2

Sacramento Smash

Voleibol Miami

Denver Miners

Cincinnati Royals

Tigres de Mexico, Version 2

Houston Mission

Seattle Spikers

Brooklyn Knights

Quasar Los Angeles

These are their identities. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, McCarthy said:

It's an indeterminate amount of time in the future. For whatever reason indoor team volleyball has exploded in popularity and a league has formed to capitalize on the sport's growth. 

KekA89w.png

These are their identities. 

Aside from that ball reminding me of Orange Julius Caesar's hairstyle for some reason, that's an impressive look.  I'd incorporate a second color into it though, for sake of secondary league marks if nothing else.

nav-logo.png

3 minutes ago, Mac the Knife said:

Aside from that ball reminding me of Orange Julius Caesar's hairstyle for some reason, that's an impressive look.  I'd incorporate a second color into it though, for sake of secondary league marks if nothing else.

That is the best nickname I've heard for the Tangerine Tornado in quite some time.

Thank you for the nice words. I was thinking the league logo would be ever-changing and never sticking to one set scheme. Like how MLB changes theirs depending on which team it appears. 

Here's the second team, the New Orleans Night Owls. 

htHvLI3.png

xlGJ3CY.png

The Night Owls were inspired by the Atlanta Hawks of the 90's and the Baltimore Ravens. They dress in black for 90% of their games, but occasionally will run up against another team in black who forces them to wear dark purple. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Honest critique...

• Your chief secondary (the owl with the ball) should be your primary.
  • The primary is too busy.  The moon detracts, the two-tone lettering looks forced, and "New Orleans" under the tailsweep seems like a last-minute add-on.
  • The tailsweep itself, however, is a good idea.
  • The TV graphic is a neat idea, but how you'd actually implement it as part of an overall brand strategy, I'm not sure.

Consider...

• Implementing the quarter-moon as the bottom-right portion of the interlocking "NO" secondary mark.
  • Revamping the wordmark, keeping the entire design to two colors, maybe three if you need to use white or black in there... and definitely not two-tone letters.
  • Revamping the television into one that's more modern in appearance, eliminating the (electrical bolts?) and other antiquated television iconology.  And instead of a blurry screen, have it reinforce the brand by showing "New Orleans Night Owls" in some form or fashion (maybe the revamped wordmark, maybe the owl-with-ball primary).

nav-logo.png

3 hours ago, Mr. Sports Fanatic said:

Can you make a map with logos of the teams and hints of the next team

Sure. Working on it. 

1 hour ago, Mac the Knife said:

Honest critique...

• Your chief secondary (the owl with the ball) should be your primary.

My thinking is that the more simplified logo such as the Owl with the ball, the Founders' stand alone bell would be be used as the defacto primary most of the time. The primary is this case is more like a soccer badge.

• The primary is too busy.  The moon detracts, the two-tone lettering looks forced, and "New Orleans" under the tailsweep seems like a last-minute add-on.

I hear the busy critique. Will do some edits when I can. The New Orleans seems like a last-minute add-on because it is. A lot of these logos are/will be repurposed uses of some old concepts of mine that I never used here for anything else. I'll try to more cleanly integrate New Orleans into the final logo. 

• The tailsweep itself, however, is a good idea.
  • The TV graphic is a neat idea, but how you'd actually implement it as part of an overall brand strategy, I'm not sure.

I'm not sure either. It probably wouldn't have a place in the identity in the end, but I drew it so I thought I might as well throw it in.  

Consider...

• Implementing the quarter-moon as the bottom-right portion of the interlocking "NO" secondary mark.
  • Revamping the wordmark, keeping the entire design to two colors, maybe three if you need to use white or black in there... and definitely not two-tone letters.
  • Revamping the television into one that's more modern in appearance, eliminating the (electrical bolts?) and other antiquated television iconology.  And instead of a blurry screen, have it reinforce the brand by showing "New Orleans Night Owls" in some form or fashion (maybe the revamped wordmark, maybe the owl-with-ball primary).

Will take all this into consideration on an update except for using the old-school TV was a choice that I'm going to stick with. A more modern TV I don't feel would evoke the same sentiment I was going for. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, Yac12 said:

As a high school and club volleyball coach, I love this series.  

Any chance on doing the courts along with the uniforms?

Yep I have a court template and I will include them moving forward. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Real excited for this series. The overall presentation is basically flawless. Specific C&C:

Philly: as a native Philadelphian(?), that bell logo is absolutely perfect. The shades of blue and red are great and the ball in the bell is very well-done

New Orleans: Loving the Hawks vibe on the uniforms and the color palette is unique. That being said, the shading on the letterings does seemed forced and the suggestion to make the crescent moon as the O sounds good.

League Logo: Would love to see the ball centered just a little more. It just seems unbalanced to me but the idea behind it is definitely solid

Overall, very excited for this series since there aren't many volleyball concepts around here. Would love to see some courts too since I've only ever seen repurposed college basketball courts or simple, lines-only courts.

Archived