American Volleyball Associaton - Los Angeles

Sport

vUYVcg2.png

Here's the map with hints about what's to come. Note: Very much subject to change. 

Yes, the American Volleyball Association has clubs in Canada and Mexico. Don't think about it too hard. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update to the Owls

VzuS0Az.png

enlarged the bird on the primary, lost the two-toned lettering that may have been ambitious slash overly fussy, lost the moon on the primary, decided to keep it on the secondary.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Oooh, don't comment much but loving the looks of this one...two comments from me.

1) I'd like to see the Dupont and the actual Founders logo switched to make the team logo more prominent...it's super sweet.

2) I can totally see the New Orleans Night Owls being referred to as the NoNo's.

5 hours ago, Skycast said:

2) I can totally see the New Orleans Night Owls being referred to as the NoNo's.

Loving the idea of the NoNo's. Much better than what became of the Pelicans (Pels). I personally thought 'Cans should've happened but that's neither here nor there. Now for actual C&C. Loving the Smash. Get a distinctly Kings vibe, especially with the crown in the secondary. Can't wait for the jersey designs for them as well as courts. An aside, it's jarring to not see so many teams in the northeast until you realize volleyball is strongest on the west coast. I was originally confused why New York only had one team and why Boston didn't have one. These Big 4 leagues have successfully conditioned me.

Interesting concept here. i think you're off to a very good start and that the monotone league logo is fine.

For Philly, the only critique I have is that the volleyball acting as the bell clapper is too low. I think it needs to be raised up more into the bell for better accuracy.

For New Orleans, the updates you've done are all improvements. The eyes of the owl are a bit distracting with what I can only assume is an attempt to make them look blood-shot with the lines in the whites? Also, I agree with previous comments that the TV logo may be a bit outdated. Honestly, I don't think it really fits in with the rest of the identity. I would suggest something that alludes more to the city's nightlife as an alternative.

Sacramento is solid.

gYH2mW9.png

5 hours ago, Skycast said:

Nightowls was actually one of the "finalists" when the minor league baseball team was rebranded last year. People made that very same comment then....although "NoNos" would have been fantastic when speaking of a baseball team.

gYH2mW9.png

Voleibol Miami 

For the Miami squad I went off-book. Their name is Voleibol Miami, their colors are teal, pink/fuschia, and black. Their logo is an abstract representation of a sunset over the water and, if you squint your eyes, an abstract volleyball as well. 

BTMyAqS.png

In standard Miami fashion most of the time they'll dress in all white. The vertical sash and dual stripe was inspired by the Miami Floridians of the ABA

65ZUMzv.png

and the playing surface. 

Zro4oBS.png

PvO6ZWJ.png

5 hours ago, MDTrey4 said:

Loving the idea of the NoNo's. Much better than what became of the Pelicans (Pels). I personally thought 'Cans should've happened but that's neither here nor there. Now for actual C&C. Loving the Smash. Get a distinctly Kings vibe, especially with the crown in the secondary. Can't wait for the jersey designs for them as well as courts. An aside, it's jarring to not see so many teams in the northeast until you realize volleyball is strongest on the west coast. I was originally confused why New York only had one team and why Boston didn't have one. These Big 4 leagues have successfully conditioned me.

These locations are mostly random and arbitrary, but yeah figured I'd put a bunch out west for the reason you stated.  Boston wasn't chosen for two reasons: 1. I didn't feel like doing yet another revolutionary war (especially because there will be patriotic looks in Philly and D.C.) or Irish type look for that city and 2. I could be way off but didn't really see Boston as a volleyball town. 

The New York team will actually be in Brooklyn. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Not a fan of volleyball, but these are all some great logos.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

Archived