I did a thing, y'all! (90’s championship t-shirt design 10/13)

Htown1141

So I think I'm going to post random sports-related things I'll do in my spare time to this topic, because I mean I don't want to flood the board with topics but I want to at least put out what I've done.

Speaking of original content, I did a thing inspired by (and some logos ripped from) @Silent Wind of Doom and his Sports signature topic and I made a playoff bracket from it yeet

I apologize for those with 4k monitors, as I'm sure this hell with 100% magnification

edM1N83.png

Did you laugh or did you lose? Comment below and make sure to SMASH that like button for more random stuff I do in the future

That's not a bad Jags logo.  I struggled trying to correctly catch the current logo since it's so vertical.   I pre-do all of them so that it's quick and easy to fulfill requests.  Since the NFL was one of the first things I've done, I've gone back and changed some things.  You're welcome to use the updated logos if you want to make a newer version of this graphic.

Here's how the playoffs look like now.

6UrIFBz.png

The Rams and Vikings were always a cop-out because at the time I thought their other logos were too hard to do, and the Eagles have always looked wrong before I got here.  Titans are still a little off, but I think your solution of going with the secondary logo is really good and I may do that myself.

I spent today futzing with the Lombardi trophy because it was always slightly wonky-looking to me (specifically the lopsided football), changing all the A's to more accentuate the upper stroke, and changing the line colors specifically for the Pats so the trophies blended in less.

Love the retro SB logo.

spacer.png

spacer.png

On 2/5/2018 at 10:42 PM, ramsjetsthunder said:

The lombardi trophy needs some work. More slanted base

You would be surprised how hard it is at such a small scale.  A little extra weight at the bottom and it looks like it flares like bell bottoms.  The line bumping out one pixel you can get away with, but making it three pixels wide causes an angular stepped/tiered look at that thinness.  Make the base thicker and it looks like a weird pyramid jammed into a football that's too small.  This was the best look.  I wish I had kept the 20-step process I took trying and re-trying to get what looked best.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Tbh, my thought process for it was:

"Colors for miami? seems like it would be the 80's heat uniforms with the vice blue."

"design for the numerals? I think I remember seeing a bunch of art deco esque concepts on the boards. But also, football laces and bevel so I look like I'm trying."

"The font itself? I'll do whatever I can fit into the grid thing in illustrator"

I need a better thought process.

4gPaLqV.png

I made this back in 2015 for South Carolina and literally just stumbled upon it in my onedrive. I didn't touch it, I simply copied it to a new document and resaved it.

Unrelated but do you ever feel alone, and sad, and like you just constantly need a hug even when someone's giving one to you? Because, like, if so, first off: relatable, and second off: get someone to talk to. Mental health is important, and not only finding someone you can talk to but someone who can help you learn what you can do to help yourself is important.

I've been watching He-Man nonstop over the past week.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Dammit my computer’s hard drive decided to give me the finger, so I just kinda moved onto other stuff. I decided that I love 90’s sports design t-shirts (my dad has some starter shirts from the rockets title runs) and something about their really cheesy and dumb look really sticks out to me. So I made one for Texas A&M’s 1993 conference title. I’m new at this and this was my first shot at it (it’s a pun because I first posted it on dribbble) but here it is on a t-shirt mock-up.

tdz6Rrl.jpg

Archived