Houston Texans : NFL by honeybadger

honeybadger

I think what needs to be done is to stick to a standard color way. So in your Falcons design, when used on White or Gray, it's a Black/Red/Black stripe. On Black and Red, you should go Color/White/Color. This keeps the darker color on the outsides and brings some consistency to the look. White with Black is a problem, but at least it still keeps a similar style by having the lighter color inside.

• 4 weeks later...

Houston Texans

For whatever reason I always associated color orange with Texas. It's a prevalent color in the palette of many western movies and it just seemed to catch the vibe of the state's wilderness perfectly. This, coupled with the fact I generally dislike the use of navy in pro sports, is why in this concept I decided to change the colors of the Houston Texans to orange and black. In my eyes it fits them much better, however I do realize that the resemblance to Texas Longhorns is notable and I am open to some other color scheme suggestions. The main logo is composed of interlocking letters H and T, where the letter T has horns resembling those of the longhorn cattle, which are a symbol of Texas. Moreover, the Texans already use a bull as their main logo, so this wouldn't be straying too far away from what they already do. This is the main logo: 

39948196075_f2744f02fd_z.jpg

And this is how the logo would behave on different colored backgrounds along with the new wordmark:

39948188225_f6b132ae44_b.jpg

Originally, I had started this project with the idea of the logo being a head of a longhorn and the interlocking H and T being the secondary logos. However the longhorn ended up having a look more appropriate for a college mascot logo,rather than the one of a primary mark of a NFL team. On the other side I really liked the horned H and T logo, and it looked fitting for the main logo. I still like the bull logo but I don't feel like it fits in with the main logo and the uniform, so I taught that it could maybe be used as a logo for a fan section of the stadium, kind of how the Browns use the bulldog logo for the Dawg Pound. This could add some character to the brand without devaluing the main identity marks. Here is the logo.

26972034388_0c525fced8_c.jpg

The most prominent design element on the uniforms are the helmet horns, whereas the rest of the uniform is pretty traditional, with a custom font being used as a way to bring it a more modern feel ( similar to what the Vikings did).

40133811384_96fb5281cf_b.jpg

26972201138_d15e876154_b.jpg

39032652440_cfea0b3a66_b.jpg

C&C wanted and appreciated. 

20 hours ago, honeybadger said:

Houston Texans

For whatever reason I always associated color orange with Texas. It's a prevalent color in the palette of many western movies and it just seemed to catch the vibe of the state's wilderness perfectly. This, coupled with the fact I generally dislike the use of navy in pro sports, is why in this concept I decided to change the colors of the Houston Texans to orange and black. In my eyes it fits them much better, however I do realize that the resemblance to Texas Longhorns is notable and I am open to some other color scheme suggestions. The main logo is composed of interlocking letters H and T, where the letter T has horns resembling those of the longhorn cattle, which are a symbol of Texas. Moreover, the Texans already use a bull as their main logo, so this wouldn't be straying too far away from what they already do. This is the main logo: 

39948196075_f2744f02fd_z.jpg

And this is how the logo would behave on different colored backgrounds along with the new wordmark:

39948188225_f6b132ae44_b.jpg

Originally, I had started this project with the idea of the logo being a head of a longhorn and the interlocking H and T being the secondary logos. However the longhorn ended up having a look more appropriate for a college mascot logo,rather than the one of a primary mark of a NFL team. On the other side I really liked the horned H and T logo, and it looked fitting for the main logo. I still like the bull logo but I don't feel like it fits in with the main logo and the uniform, so I taught that it could maybe be used as a logo for a fan section of the stadium, kind of how the Browns use the bulldog logo for the Dawg Pound. This could add some character to the brand without devaluing the main identity marks. Here is the logo.

26972034388_0c525fced8_c.jpg

The most prominent design element on the uniforms are the helmet horns, whereas the rest of the uniform is pretty traditional, with a custom font being used as a way to bring it a more modern feel ( similar to what the Vikings did).

40133811384_96fb5281cf_b.jpg

26972201138_d15e876154_b.jpg

39032652440_cfea0b3a66_b.jpg

C&C wanted and appreciated. 

Nice job on the logo, it looks real! It makes it look a bit like the University of Texas Longhorns.

I agree with everything regarding what was said about the resemblance to the Texas Longhorns , and have already stated that I'm open to suggestions regarding the color scheme. I didn't intend for it to be similar, but it just naturally progressed there. I do however like how the overall concept looks, and I like to think that in an imaginary bubble where the University of Texas doesn't exist, this look would fit the Texans well.

Good stuff so far.  Especially love the clean Jaguars look.  However, they do have a problem that never looks right on the field.  Black pants with no stripes.  Without something to break it up, they end up looking like a dark blob around their legs.  The Texans (and to a lesser extent, the Browns) have the same issue.

Archived