MLB City Edition Series by Pinch Designer (Yankees 30/30)

Carolingian Steamroller

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Time for Detroit. This city is known for two of my favourite hobbies: cars and Rock ‘n’ Roll, so I definitely had to choose it. Given the first theme was used by the Pistons, I decided to go for the second one.

I completely changed the font, using a script inspired by neon signs. As for the logos, I added a quarter note to the Old English D, and a Strat to the 60's Batting Cat logo.

5XNH7DF.png

Here are the St. Louis Cardinals today.

This set is inspired by St. Louis’ flag, which shares a similar scheme to the Cardinals. The sleeves and socks feature the wavy stripe pattern, which already has similar coloring to the Cards’ current sock pattern. The right sleeve features a fleur-de-lis patch from the flag, and the birds-on-bat is replaced for this one-off uniform by the Gateway to the West, the St. Louis arch.

9Fvd9ee.jpg

Let's do the world champs today, the Astros.

For the Astros we went with a Saturn V rocket theme with vertical navy stripes with "HOUSTON" running vertically in a gap. 

We found that spaceman design for the sleeve patch someone online but I'm sure where. (EDIT: Credit for that terrific logo belongs to @McCarthy and thank you for his permission to reproduce it here.)

NoZb8oX.png

11 minutes ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

For the Astros we went with a Saturn V rocket theme with vertical navy stripes with "HOUSTON" running vertically in a gap. 

We found that spaceman design for the sleeve patch someone online but I'm sure where.

NoZb8oX.png

That would be @McCarthy's logo. It would be wise to ask him for permission first.

On 2/18/2018 at 1:08 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

We found that spaceman design for the sleeve patch someone online but I'm sure where. (EDIT: Credit for that terrific logo belongs to @McCarthy and thank you for his permission to reproduce it here.)

NoZb8oX.png

Justice has been done here for sure.  How 'bout continue the Saturn V pattern down the whole pants but gradually blend into orange at the bottom like flames?  Just a suggestion...  Definitely gets 11 Yee-Yees out of 10!

spacer.png

Up next, the Blue Jays.

From @Paul Lucas: Ô Canada!!! That was the idea behind this concept for “Canada’s Team.”  Actually, it’s pretty much the Toronto city flag. This design features a zippered front and the ‘Toronto’ script reminiscent of the 1952 Toronto Maple Leafs road uniform, thanks to @Discrimihater.

6ZySgw2.png 

On 2/11/2018 at 12:09 PM, MJD7 said:

Hey everyone, I'm happy to be a part of this series, coming to you today with the Minnesota Twins.

With this being a City Edition Series, that naturally sets up a predicament for the Twin Cities of Minnesota. To reflect this sort of contrast between the two cities, I split the jersey into two different colors, with the red representing Minneapolis, and the navy representing St. Paul. The logos come from Minnie and Paul’s jerseys in the Twins’ famous logo. The light blue running through both sides represents the Mississippi River, and how it ultimately unites the two very different cities as they support one team. Thanks for following!

jwHZgfn.png

Holy crap....never thought I'd see the day somebody made a much more out-there version of one of my concepts :D usually it's the other way around.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Today we have the Washington Nationals.

The Nats beam with city pride as their uniforms are based on the U.S. capital's iconic D.C. flag. A pair of stripes and trio of stars adorn each sleeve and stirrup, while the team's alternate "DC" logo appears where front numbers would normally go. Big thanks to @MJD7 for inspiring this design. 

0dpxDsc.png

Archived