MLB City Edition Series by Pinch Designer (Yankees 30/30)

Carolingian Steamroller

On 2/17/2018 at 8:38 AM, MJD7 said:

Here are the St. Louis Cardinals today.

This set is inspired by St. Louis’ flag, which shares a similar scheme to the Cardinals. The sleeves and socks feature the wavy stripe pattern, which already has similar coloring to the Cards’ current sock pattern. The right sleeve features a fleur-de-lis patch from the flag, and the birds-on-bat is replaced for this one-off uniform by the Gateway to the West, the St. Louis arch.

9Fvd9ee.jpg

I'm not a Cardinals fan, but that says even more for your work. The arch is a fantastic touch...the sleeve is terrific. Great series...really enjoying it.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today we have the Philadelphia Phillies.

For their City Edition uniforms, the Fightin' Phills adopt the City of Brotherly Love's flag colors of azure blue and gold. The Old English “P” cap logo is meant to evoke the handwriting from the Declaration of Independence, while the “PHILA” block wordmark throws back to the team's original look from the turn of the 20th century. The Liberty Bell, an iconic symbol of American independence located in the heart of Philly, appears on both the jersey's left sleeve and stirrups.

n9I5xns.png

C&C appreciated!

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Today we have the Philadelphia Phillies.

For their City Edition uniforms, the Fightin' Phills adopt the City of Brotherly Love's flag colors of azure blue and gold. The Old English “P” cap logo is meant to evoke the handwriting from the Declaration of Independence, while the “PHILA” block wordmark throws back to the team's original look from the turn of the 20th century. The Liberty Bell, an iconic symbol of American independence located in the heart of Philly, appears on both the jersey's left sleeve and stirrups.

n9I5xns.png

C&C appreciated!

Reminds me of MLPS. Beautiful uniform

S8eR5Rf.png

Q2XFfoc.jpg

After such a great turnaround for the Phillies, it's time for Cincinnati, another design inspired by the city flag. This time, I wanted to combine the flag's classy "C" with one of the club's older uniforms, so I decided to use the famous sleeveless jersey. Also, to top off the design, I decided to add the three waves from the flag on the socks.

PapnKcu.png

Unfortunately for @Silence of the Rams, I did not go with a Metallica theme for the Giants. However, I can post them today!

When thinking of San Francisco, it’s hard not to think of the Golden Gate Bridge. This design embraces that, with the uniform base being “International Orange.” Cream and brown are used as accents to reflect the feel of the city. We decided to go with the Giants’ cursive “San Francisco” script (which I love), given they’ve never used it on a jersey before. The hat logo features the “ball splash” logo from the ‘07 All-Star Game.

3ZCZEW9.jpg

Pirates are next. 

The city of Pittsburgh sits at the intersection of three rivers. The main downtown area is in triangular piece of land that juts towards the center, hence the city nickname, "Golden Triangle." This very moniker formed the justification for the late-60s Steelers uniforms. So with that in mind, we took the actual shape of downtown Pittsburgh and reworked into a triangular section for the sleeves and socks. 

tjmjNDZ.png

On 3/2/2018 at 1:17 PM, MJD7 said:

Unfortunately for @Silence of the Rams, I did not go with a Metallica theme for the Giants. However, I can post them today!

When thinking of San Francisco, it’s hard not to think of the Golden Gate Bridge. This design embraces that, with the uniform base being “International Orange.” Cream and brown are used as accents to reflect the feel of the city. We decided to go with the Giants’ cursive “San Francisco” script (which I love), given they’ve never used it on a jersey before. The hat logo features the “ball splash” logo from the ‘07 All-Star Game.

3ZCZEW9.jpg

That's ok. This looks very solid nonetheless. I smell an #OrangeFriday alt comming on

From @Paul Lucas: The Braves have an iconic look daring back to their Milwaukee/Boston days.  I wanted to give them a look that screams “ATLANTA.” What’s more ‘Atlanta’ than the Falcons’ red-helmet/black-top look? Taking a page out of the Hawks’ playbook, I went with a fauxback look that belongs exclusively to Atlanta’s Braves.

t7dERCl.png

On 2/27/2018 at 6:56 PM, coco1997 said:

Really happy with how the Indians turned out. 

Anyone have any more comments or criticisms of the last few teams before I post the Phillies tomorrow?

I'd probably omit the part about the Cuyahoga catching fire if you're trying to sell jerseys. I'd also add a white outline around the numbers and wordmark for Celveland so they don't get soaked in to the jersey depending on the light.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

6 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'd probably omit the part about the Cuyahoga catching fire if you're trying to sell jerseys. I'd also add a white outline around the numbers and wordmark for Celveland so they don't get soaked in to the jersey depending on the light.

Agreed. We've done pretty well with the Cuyahoga River after it caught fire!!!

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

Archived