I finally decided to post my Minnesota Vikings concept that I made in January. The concept is based on the idea that there is a home/away set, color rush, and a throwback alternate. I based the main set on the vikings current uniforms while also implementing the concept drawings by Hubenthal. I used the current Vikings font but without the serifs, added a white facemask, and tweaked the horn logo slightly. For the color rush uniform I decided to base it on the all white uniforms the vikings wore from 1969-1995 with the UCLA stripes. I based the alternate/throwback on the 1965 uniform set, where the numbers are outlined and the stocks dont have stripes. 

f1qPpVC.png78jIezb.pngxrybIRy.jpg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually really like the Hubenthal inspired dip in the striping on the cuff. I can't explain it, but it feels very modern and unique. I also love how you dropped the black from the horns. It's one of those things that doesn't bug me when it's there but looks so nice when it's not. I'm very impressed by this design!

Thought I'd do my take on a Titans concept uniform. I tried to implement red into the color scheme rather than using gray. I also think Columbia blue should of been the primary color. I tried to keep the yoke consistent but it may need more Columbia on the aways. I tried navy jersey which lead to a better color balance and a consistent Columbia yoke but I thought the jersey needed to be Columbia.

1LLUBZH.jpg

On 2/7/2018 at 12:39 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

I finally decided to post my Minnesota Vikings concept that I made in January. The concept is based on the idea that there is a home/away set, color rush, and a throwback alternate. I based the main set on the vikings current uniforms while also implementing the concept drawings by Hubenthal. I used the current Vikings font but without the serifs, added a white facemask, and tweaked the horn logo slightly. For the color rush uniform I decided to base it on the all white uniforms the vikings wore from 1969-1995 with the UCLA stripes. I based the alternate/throwback on the 1965 uniform set, where the numbers are outlined and the stocks dont have stripes. 

xrybIRy.jpg

I think the road jersey would look better with the white portions of the sleeve cap filled in with purple. I notice that the white pants show off the gold stripe better and I think its due in no small part to having the purple to contrast with. 

Aside from that I think it looks great! The white facemask is a very nice touch and thank heaven you've opted for white socks on the road. 

• 1 month later...

Since there is no replies, here is my take on the Patriots. I wanted to keep the helmet and colors the same because of all the success they've had. I also based it on the color rush but added more stripes to look look more patriotic. I had trouble with the silver pants so I kept them the same and although I may change them based on recommendations. Striped socks are also essential because of the lack of striped socks in the league.

yymKOvQ.jpg

For the Redskins I wanted to combine eras of their uniforms I like. I decided to darken the colors to how they were pre 1969. I'm not the biggest fan of the current logo so i combined the classic spear helmet logo with the feather helmet logo from 1958. The classic 80s stripes are on the sleeves rather than the cuff for a cleaner look. I'm a big fan of how the uniforms during the earlier Jurgensen era so I used that as the basis for this concept. I would love feedback or advice for improving these concepts.

K35CuuD.jpg

30 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

For the Redskins I wanted to combine eras of their uniforms I like. I decided to darken the colors to how they were pre 1969. I'm not the biggest fan of the current logo so i combined the classic spear helmet logo with the feather helmet logo from 1958. The classic 80s stripes are on the sleeves rather than the cuff for a cleaner look. I'm a big fan of how the uniforms during the earlier Jurgensen era so I used that as the basis for this concept. I would love feedback or advice for improving these concepts.

K35CuuD.jpg

I like this, but I think that both the spear and feather on the helmet are too much. I would go with just one. 

I would also make the dark socks white on the bottom half.

Good work overall though. I like these.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

36 minutes ago, DouglasQuaid said:

K35CuuD.jpg

I agree that both helmet motifs are a bit much.. Also, I'd go with the double stripe on the gold pants as well.. Otherwise, looks great

On 5/14/2018 at 9:30 PM, DouglasQuaid said:

Since there is no replies, here is my take on the Patriots. I wanted to keep the helmet and colors the same because of all the success they've had. I also based it on the color rush but added more stripes to look look more patriotic. I had trouble with the silver pants so I kept them the same and although I may change them based on recommendations. Striped socks are also essential because of the lack of striped socks in the league.

yymKOvQ.jpg

I think white helmets and pants would improve this look. If you do change the helmet and silver pants to white, I would use a double red stripe on them to mimic the shoulders of the white jersey.

Otherwise, I think this is a really cool design and I love the shoulder stripes and one color numbers.

Thanks for the advice! I'll update the concepts soon but heres a look at my Falcons uniform concept. As much as I love the black helmet look I decided that going back to the red would be a greater change and more unique as an NFL team, too many teams have black uniforms and helmets IMO. I based the uniforms off of the success of the 1977 defense which is arguably one of the best defenses of all time. For the helmet I used the amazing logo created by @Artist4Adonai which has a modern take on the classic logo. I also really like the look of the colorush uniforms so the numbers black with a white outline. I also couldn't decide on whether to use black or red numbers on the away but I think black may be the better option. JE1gxCg.jpg

Heres my Lions uniform concept. I liked the look of the throwback jerseys with the regular helmet and pants so I decided to simplify the uniform. For the helmet I decided to switch to a blue mask because I like how it looked during the Sanders era. I also got rid of the stripes and the detail lines on the logo giving it a more basic look. Striped socks were also needed to break up the yoga pants look. Wordmarks are removed to let the stripe design stand on its own. The number font was designed by @HRC4 and based off the lions current wordmark. I think his font gives a unique and classic look that looks better then the current font IMO. Other than that nothing too crazy here.

xCHyNZ7.jpg

15 hours ago, DouglasQuaid said:

Heres my Lions uniform concept. I liked the look of the throwback jerseys with the regular helmet and pants so I decided to simplify the uniform. For the helmet I decided to switch to a blue mask because I like how it looked during the Sanders era. I also got rid of the stripes and the detail lines on the logo giving it a more basic look. Striped socks were also needed to break up the yoga pants look. Wordmarks are removed to let the stripe design stand on its own. The number font was designed by @HRC4 and based off the lions current wordmark. I think his font gives a unique and classic look that looks better then the current font IMO. Other than that nothing too crazy here.

xCHyNZ7.jpg

Perfect

tigersallstars092.png

steelcurtain.png

Archived