Shoney's has an updated logo

Dilbert

10 hours ago, the admiral said:

I haven't been to a Shoney's in like 17 years. Perkins, that one's been a while, too. I wonder if I could go for some Perkins.

Perkins is pretty good. I'd rather go for a more local place than that, but they're not bad.

1 minute ago, AstroBull21 said:

Shoneys is still around?  In Florida all locations closed up year ago so i assumed they went out of business.

Shoneys has two locations in Florida according to their website (Orlando and Panama City Beach). They have around 134 locations stretching from Northeast Ohio to Orlando Florida, and from Chesapeake Virginia to San Antonio. Most seem to centered in Tennessee.

Signature intentionally left blank

1 hour ago, Zeus89725 said:

Perkins is pretty good. I'd rather go for a more local place than that, but they're not bad.

I miss Bakers Square. Those were all over the place for a while but were among the first to go in the great casual-chain-dining contraction.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

16 hours ago, C-Squared said:

Not only does Shoney's still exist, but Big Poppa Pump turned into Colonial Sanders to buy one:

hqdefault.jpg

i-like-how-it-doesnt-even-explairn-who-h

Hold on, the font on that billboard is different than the ones seen above. It's also better than both of them.

tinysig.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jake3.roo said:

Hold on, the font on that billboard is different than the ones seen above. It's also better than both of them.

Agreed. It's probably a good middle ground.

On 2/8/2018 at 9:40 AM, AstroBull21 said:

Shoneys is still around?  In Florida all locations closed up year ago so i assumed they went out of business.

All the Arkansas ones closed up too I think. Last one I went to was a pit stop in Clinton, Mississippi. In the realm of garbage chain restaurants, Shoney's was one of my favorites. I wouldn't recommend people eat there, but still. 

EDIT: Just remembered that there's one in West Memphis. But if I'm that close to Regular Memphis I'm not eating at Shoney's.  

We can't have a Shoney's and Scott Steiner mention without this video.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Agreed. It's probably a good middle ground.

Exactly what I was thinking. It has the same fun feel of the old one, while definitely looking more cleaned up and modern. It looks so much less robotic than the other one.

tinysig.jpg

Archived