Colorado Avalanche Logo Concept

JSauer21

I see two problems with this logo: a) there's too much empty space. 'b) the tree is too small and skinny to be of significance. It also creates weird tension at the points where it a l m o s t touches but doesn't.

My solution: kill two birds with one stone. Make the tree bigger. Sure it'll look slightly less like an A because the stroke will be thinner. ut if you also fill that empty space it'll be more cohesive.

tinysig.jpg

I just can't get behind this logo. I really want to like it, and it's got a lot of good ideas behind it, but it's just hard for me to really like it. I don't know what it is. I think the tree at the bottom is a really good idea, but the pine tree is more a symbol of their rivals, the Wild, than it is a symbol of the Avs.

• 4 weeks later...

If you've seen an avalanche, it doesn't really curve. And trees...they don't really stand up to them. They get swept away. Not that the actual Avs logo is any more realistic.

I've been waiting nearly 25 years, wanting to see something that conveys the raw, unbelievable power of an avalanche. Maybe I'm asking the impossible, but I want to see something that reminds me of this. 

giphy.gif

My best, positive advice? Straighten/lose the tree so it's just the legs of an A. 

Archived