Sign in to follow this  
Kaz

Sports-related dreams that happen IRL

Have you ever had a sports related dream, only for such an event (or at least close to it) happen later in real life?  I'm not talking about daydreaming about your favorite team winning the championship or you being a player or coach in the game; in this instance you are maybe in the stands or watching the game on TV.

I've had two dreams happen (and somewhat come true) in the span of five years:

1. Cavs come back down 3-1 in finals series to win their first title.  It was against the Spurs, however.  Kyrie was playing out of his mind; dropped like 50 in game 6.  Anyways, Cavs did it against the Dubs instead IRL, but similar instance.

2. Eagles win the Superbowl on the backs of a balls of steel call by their coach.  Only a few seconds left in the game, down by 7 against I think the Steelers.  Eagles score the touchdown, and go into extra point formation.  The placeholder gets the ball and tosses the ball into the endzone - an Eagles fan sitting next to be on the couch is freaking out - and a wide-open dude catches it for the 2 points to win it.  Obviously different ballsy call, but still seems like a coincidence.

FWIW, I've also had a dream that for whatever reason I'm living in Toronto with a bunch of Europeans (maybe Dutch?) and the Leafs are in the Stanley Cup against the Kings.  Game 7 is in Toronto and we decide to watch it at a local bar.  It goes to overtime, and the Kings appear to score, only for it to be waived off (high stick or something?).  Obviously the bar was full of FUUUUUUCK!! and shattered glass but then normalized when it was waived off.  Anyways, the Leafs score like a few minutes later and the place goes berserk.  Maybe the Leafs are next

Anyways, the reoccurring theme seems to be downtrodden franchises that I generally don't care about one way or another winning it all (though even here the Browns still can't win LOL).  I'm not really sure why, but they are generally vivid dreams too.

Has anyone else had similar instances?  Am I a prophet or something? 

A long time ago (late 80's), I had a dream that Tim Raines and company came to my dorm room and insisted that I should be an Expos fan. It was so reaI, that my friends had to convince me that Raines was not in the dorms, I think he was visiting Pittsburgh at the time. I didn't become a full fan, but I rooted for them the rest of the season, except when they played the Giants.

Tony George's IRL dream became a nightmare, which damaged open wheel racing in North America for a decade plus.

Wait, I used the pre-text era IRL acronym.

Edited by dfwabel
IRL difference

I mean you might not consider this sport, (and this wasn't in a competition or anything) but I had a dream when I was younger, (before I was able to have a gun in the tree stand) while on a hunting trip, that my father was going to shoot a buck while we were sitting in the stand together. The next morning, a huge buck did run up, but my father missed, and it ran off...

I had a dream over a year ago that my best friend and I were attending Winthrop's first-ever football game, sitting in the top rows with a dollar bill attached to a fishing line, doing the "ohhhh you almost had it!" thing from the State Farm commercial to the student section below. The game was against Savannah State.

Winthrop still doesn't have a football team, but I'd like to put it on record that if Winthrop's inaugural football game is against Savannah State - I called it.