The Arizona Cardinals of Phoenix in Glendale... Logo Concept

hettinger_rl

I was looking through the NFL logos on the mother ship and this one stood out to me as one to try to rework. The shape has always seemed off to me and I realized that it is because this head was lifted off of the full (human) bodied Chicago/St. Louis Cardinals logos so it doesn't give much of a full bodied bird feel. The head seems to taper down into a human-like neck area.

jh7i1t.jpg

bigredarchx533.0.jpg

So here is my take:

2rcmizd.jpg f5dtvs.jpg

ay8xa9.jpg

No highlight vs highlight? I'm still undecided as to whether it would "fly" as an NFL logo or if it's just a nice cardinal logo. C&C appreciated.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

It's definitely way more realistic without distorting the Cards current brand or aesthetic. Arizona has one of the harder logos to update in the league, but this is my favorite attempt on this forum. Realistically I feel like the teams current logo combined with the relative success of the team compared to their past will make it stay for a long time. 

On 2/13/2018 at 6:42 PM, mcrosby said:

Very nice. Great observation as to why the neck is so un-bird-like and great fix!

We've gotta stop working on the same teams, AZ is next up in my series. I'll either give it some time or post one of the other 5 remaining first. 

Yeah I think the next ones I have thoughts on have already been worked on by you. I'm trying to find the ones that have issues that bug me or that have gotten stale.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived