Interesting Field Designs

Old School Fool

We all know about the uniforms and the logos, but what people tend to forget are the designs on the field itself, so after finding some material I decided that we should have a thread dedicated to this.

First up, we have the often mentioned Jaguars Santa Hat used in December for a couple years in the early 2000's

1_BI_hmT7wD95BdyTGfGljF_isyNIFl5lPsRKzRe

Then we have the Chargers having pumpkins on the 20 yard line for Halloween in 2004:

MUIhboa.png

The Buccaneers apparently went with this festive Christmas design in 1991:

TB_1991%5E2.png

The Patriots decided to get weird in 1981:

NE_1981%5E2.png

That's all I got for now but feel free to post Baseball and Soccer stuff too. Anything that has grass in general works I guess.

bSLCtu2.png

The Twins always had a marked circle around home plate and paths to the dugouts during their days at Metropolitan Stadium.  I don't remember seeing anything like that anywhere else.

Handy arrows in case you got lost on your way to the batter's box.  :P

Met-Stadium-28.pngmet10951.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I wanna say the 49ers had a Santa hat on the end of the wordmark in the end zone this year. It was hard to see with red writing though. And yes, too lazy to look it up and way too stupid to attach a picture 

KISSwall09.jpg

51 minutes ago, hormone said:

I wanna say the 49ers had a Santa hat on the end of the wordmark in the end zone this year. It was hard to see with red writing though. And yes, too lazy to look it up and way too stupid to attach a picture 

Can confirm

https://twitter.com/CamInman/status/945007245594525696

90758391980.gif

I always thought CIncinnati's endzones were unique. Rather than a diamond pattern, or white slashes, or the common 'name or city spelled out with or without a color background', the Bengals had a tiger stripe pattern.

And I can't find it, but I swear after baseball season ended at Riverfront Stadium, that there were games where it was just stripes. No words. But everything i find is more recent with BENGALS written across the stripes. Anyone know if I'm just misremembering or if the Bengals really did have patterened endzones with no writing at one point at Riverfront?

6 hours ago, Sykotyk said:

I always thought CIncinnati's endzones were unique. Rather than a diamond pattern, or white slashes, or the common 'name or city spelled out with or without a color background', the Bengals had a tiger stripe pattern.

And I can't find it, but I swear after baseball season ended at Riverfront Stadium, that there were games where it was just stripes. No words. But everything i find is more recent with BENGALS written across the stripes. Anyone know if I'm just misremembering or if the Bengals really did have patterened endzones with no writing at one point at Riverfront?

The only time I recall just striped end zones was the early years of Paul Brown Stadium 

paul_brown_stadium_image_1.jpg?h=600&la=

Archived