NFL concepts based off of ridiculous Internet rumors (Falcons, Panthers added)

RO_

It seems like every year as details trickle out that teams are getting new uniforms, some random 'source' pops up claiming to have seen the uniform in question and provides an over the top description that sends this board into a frenzy. Maybe it's not a good idea to enable these rumors with mock ups but I thought it would be fun to take these crazy ideas and make concepts out of them.

Cleveland Browns

The rumor: White helmets, 'total overhaul'

Added numbers to the helmet, reversed the number/shadow colors on the home and away. Took the notched stripe design from their current look and kept it floating within the sleeve a la OK State/extended it further down the pant leg so that it's almost a full stripe again. White striped socks for all, orange alt, and white fauxback for the Color Rush.

tDoS6lL.png

oZw0bfP.png

lXi4trP.png

E6gQyVb.png

Denver Broncos

The rumor: the Color Rush jersey becomes the primary

Kept the logo and number font from the current look, brightened the colors back to their earlier shades, added white and blue jerseys/pants. Orange remains the Color Rush. Here's every Broncos concept on this board ever Denver:

9MltBMu.png

EjQiyuz.png

6KiS7Fl.png

Thanks for checking these out, I have a few more that I'll be posting in a bit.

Here's a few more:

Jacksonville Jaguars

The rumor: Gold helmet/pants, teal primary

I don't see something like this happening but I actually kinda like the way it looks. Kept the current logo/number font. Chrome gold helmet/facemask, black is relegated to a trim color. Jersey is a little more 'traditional' looking and the pants feature a full pant stripe that tapers off just a bit at the bottom for a little modern flair. Black jersey becomes the alt with teal for the color rush

KvRLc2n.png

EQnI1RS.png

fCgxyJz.png

RfDvbwZ.png

Miami Dolphins

The rumor: Adding black 

I took a few liberties with this one. I remember back before their current look was announced there was some rumor that the Dolphins were adding black to their palette because the stripes on a zoomed in, pixelated picture of the new helmet looked kind of black. Aqua, black, and orange is a little too close to what Jacksonville wears but luckily I drew some inspiration from mcrosby's logo redesign - what if orange was also replaced with pink?

Brightened up the aqua and recolored the logo to match new palette. Helmet/pant striping remains about the same with pink being more present than black. New number font with a black drop shadow, the throwback remains the same and pink of course becomes the color rush.

Rf6xHiQ.png

YoJ7CZz.png

niyodzN.png

Tennessee Titans

The rumor: Red primary, silver alt, new logos, 'battle-scarred' helmet.

I'm pretty sure a lot of this one was debunked by a recent video released by the team but it's still interesting to think about. Can't think of a team that's totally overhauled their colors like that since the Bucs.

Recolored sword becomes the primary logo. Textured silver helmet, red primary jersey with a silver alt. Silver, white, and red pants with a Columbia blue color rush. Sublimated greek pattern on the sleeves.

QX0LbAk.png

K6nDb6y.png

VEp44Ww.png

1lzfwdl.png

These are all I had planned on doing, but they were actually pretty fun, would love to do one for each team. Are there any other absurd rumors you've heard about a team that wound up being false? Post them here and I'll try to bring them to life!

These are all some pretty great designs, and a great idea for a series. I really would love to see every set become real life except for maybe the Titans.

Only thing I would ask would be if we could maybe see teal pants as a primary away option for the Jags? I think that’d be a really good look.

Fantastic job! I hope to see you do some other teams!

you know, i like that Browns concept. it looks good, but it reminds me the argument (i know this isnt yours) of “the Browns should change everything to preserve whats left of the team history” doesnt make much sense. what if the tram actually starts winning? fans would be beging for the old design to come back

oh and one thing i can say, i promise you the Dolphins aint coming out in black. i like that concept though :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Miami Uniforms are fire! 

Also actually liked Browns and Broncos better than their current set.

The offset number outlines you used on Miami and Cleveland I also really liked and haven't really seen this done on football uniforms before.

Only thing I would change is that the two digit numbers on the Titans and Dolphins uniforms are too close together and you should leave a small gap in the middle.

Sun%2BBowl_sig.png

On 2/19/2018 at 9:12 PM, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I actually really like the idea of a gold helmet for the Jags.

Agreed, it looks much better than I thought it would.

On 2/19/2018 at 9:54 PM, MJD7 said:

These are all some pretty great designs, and a great idea for a series. I really would love to see every set become real life except for maybe the Titans.

Only thing I would ask would be if we could maybe see teal pants as a primary away option for the Jags? I think that’d be a really good look.

Fantastic job! I hope to see you do some other teams!

Thank you! I would also agree that the Titans are my least favorite. Teal pants do look pretty good!

F2Am3TZ.png

23 hours ago, BrandMooreArt said:

oh and one thing i can say, i promise you the Dolphins aint coming out in black. i like that concept though :)

Haha, well that's a relief! I noticed you neglected to deny the addition of pink though, hmm... Brb, gonna post on Reddit real quick. :P Totally agreed on the Browns, too.

22 hours ago, rjrrzube said:

I remember the chrome Cowboys helmet rumor a couple of years ago. Maybe let's try that paired with the unified colors idea. 

Oh yeah I remember that now! Cowboys will be next.

3 hours ago, mcrosby said:

I toyed with using aqua, pink, and black for my concept, a la the recent Miami Heat city jersey. I like how it looks, but as a sucker for simplicity I stuck with two colors + white. 

You know I had the opposite reaction, I tried it without black and it just felt a little too blank. I don't think your redesigned logo needs black or any third color imo, and I'm really digging that whole thread!

Thanks for all the kind words! Dallas as well as another team are up next, in the meantime I tweaked the kerning on the Browns and Dolphins, which have also been updated in the original post (the Titans will need this too but I'm going to take another stab at them first).

tDoS6lL.png

Rf6xHiQ.png

On 2/19/2018 at 9:58 PM, RedmondOrbit said:

Can't think of a team that's totally overhauled their colors like that since the Bucs.

The hilarious thing is that the Bucs didn't even really change their colors. They sort of just switched orange and red's prominence and added black/pewter.

Anyway, all of these look pretty great! Miami's probably my favorite, if only because at least one Miami team needs pink in their color scheme.

53Ocz8U.png

On 2/19/2018 at 10:42 PM, BrandMooreArt said:

you know, i like that Browns concept. it looks good, but it reminds me the argument (i know this isnt yours) of “the Browns should change everything to preserve whats left of the team history” doesnt make much sense. what if the team actually starts winning? 

Do you really think the Browns will start winning? LOL

SqZ68qe.png

tL45BrE.png

16 hours ago, MitcHendriX said:

That Dolphins concept is wrong on so many levels. Absolutely love the Jags concept, what would make it even better would be sublimated spots inspired by TCU's toad pattern uniforms. 

I completely disagree with you on this one, I think the pink and brighter aqua scream Miami similar to the Heat's alternate uniform they're wearing this season. These scream South Beach. They scream Don Johnson in loafers without socks. They just feel oh so right.

On 2/21/2018 at 1:41 AM, MitcHendriX said:

That Dolphins concept is wrong on so many levels. Absolutely love the Jags concept, what would make it even better would be sublimated spots inspired by TCU's toad pattern uniforms. 

I disagree with you on the Dolphins. It's not the classic teal and orange, but the Dolphins have already moved away from that themselves (to an extent). It's different, it's unique, and, if you put those colors in front of me an asked what city they were for, Miami would be one of my first guesses.

As far as the Jaguars goes... no. There does not need to be sublimated jaguar spots. So many people have done that on these boards, and they're "minor league" to me. It's an attention grab at the expense of a good look.

Archived