bigred's NBA Concepts (Nets added)

BigRed618

This is my first basketball concept in years. Here goes nothing...

bos_Celtics.png

I've seen a lot of Celtics concepts that use the unique floor pattern at TD Garden as inspiration. I thought about integrating the pattern into a new logo, thus the new clover I drew. No reason for the new wordmarks, really. I just thought Bookman would fit the Irish vibe pretty well.

Let me hear your thoughts. I may or may not make a series out of this.

A couple of things here.

First of all, the new shamrock logo doesn't work for me. It looks like a discount version of the Sun Microsystems logo: . I get where you're coming from, but it doesn't work here.

Image result for Sun Microsystems

As far as the other things, the wordmark is pure sex. I love it. I'd love to see uniform numbers in that font.

The oval-shaped logo is not necessary. If you must have one, match the wordmark font.

You've got a good start here, so polish it up.

GoldenPanthers.png
RiverHawks.png

I decided to post more hoops concepts here. Maybe I'll do the whole league, maybe I won't.

WASHINGTON WIZARDS

was_Wizards.png

I created a whole new identity for the Wizards, designed around a simple red and white color scheme, based on the flag of DC.

C&C appreciated. Gonna try the Heat next.

MIAMI HEAT

mia_Heat.png

I went with a total overhaul with the Heat. It all started when I found this...

20372594515_37cd6556e0_b.jpg

When it was announced that Miami would get an NBA team, they called for entries for a logo. These twelve finalists were nominated for a vote. As we all know, logo #4 was the winner, but I went with a what-if scenario of what if #5 was voted in. The color scheme, if you haven't already figured it out, was taken from the old Floridians team from the ABA.

So, yeah, let me know what you think. I may do a western team next.

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

la_Clippers.png

I mean, sure, I could've done what everyone else was doing, changing their colors to light blue and orange, giving them a nautical theme, etc. But I decided instead to take the idea of their current look and make a better version of it. The Clippers' LAC monogram, as far as the designers would have you believe, is meant to evoke the shape of a basketball court. I took the idea in a different direction by taking the free throw zone on one end of the court, which looks like the letter C, and base their logos around that. The striping pattern on the uniforms is based on the nautical flag representing the letter C.

Comments/Critique welcome. I appreciate the likes too, but those are not what's keeping this thread afloat. I'm also taking suggestions on what teams to do next.

I think the left logo works better for the Nets, although I would like to see the yellow and black flipped inside the NETS/basketball area. My favorite so far is the Heat. Its crazy, but in the best way! I dont know if you want to revist it, but I do feel like they should have a wordmark on the front. It could work if you had the wordmark across the front and through the break in the stripe, and lowering the numbers on to the stripe.

Also I would like to see the TWolves next. Thanks.

Really great work!

On 3/2/2018 at 2:39 PM, BigRed618 said:

MIAMI HEAT

mia_Heat.png

I went with a total overhaul with the Heat. It all started when I found this...

20372594515_37cd6556e0_b.jpg

When it was announced that Miami would get an NBA team, they called for entries for a logo. These twelve finalists were nominated for a vote. As we all know, logo #4 was the winner, but I went with a what-if scenario of what if #5 was voted in. The color scheme, if you haven't already figured it out, was taken from the old Floridians team from the ABA.

So, yeah, let me know what you think. I may do a western team next.

On 2/26/2018 at 2:45 PM, BigRed618 said:

I decided to post more hoops concepts here. Maybe I'll do the whole league, maybe I won't.

WASHINGTON WIZARDS

was_Wizards.png

I created a whole new identity for the Wizards, designed around a simple red and white color scheme, based on the flag of DC.

C&C appreciated. Gonna try the Heat next.

Too much red.. need blue and this would look great!

shado_logo.gif

5 hours ago, BigRed618 said:

LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS

la_Clippers.png

I mean, sure, I could've done what everyone else was doing, changing their colors to light blue and orange, giving them a nautical theme, etc. But I decided instead to take the idea of their current look and make a better version of it. The Clippers' LAC monogram, as far as the designers would have you believe, is meant to evoke the shape of a basketball court. I took the idea in a different direction by taking the free throw zone on one end of the court, which looks like the letter C, and base their logos around that. The striping pattern on the uniforms is based on the nautical flag representing the letter C.

Comments/Critique welcome. I appreciate the likes too, but those are not what's keeping this thread afloat. I'm also taking suggestions on what teams to do next.

Very cool logo and wordmark! These uniforms are clean but simplistic. Still nice job.

Miami's set I'm still on the fence on a true opinion. Love the designs but it's too much. It's like the Indiana Pacers current set. Too many designs and not a cohesive approach. Color template is good. Maybe add some neon blue too to help balance the patterns.

shado_logo.gif

You can definitely see why the Heat logo we know was the one that won the contest at the time.  The rest of those are horrible.

mainescarf.png

MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES

min_Wolves2.png

This one was tough, so I just took a bunch of things I liked and fit them together as best I can. The wolf logo may seem familiar to fans of the old ABA...

Thanks for your input. I'll try to get that Nets concept next.

BROOKLYN NETS

bkn_Nets.png

It started with me wondering how they would look if they added yellow to their color scheme, for black and yellow was an unused combo in the NBA. The taxicab checkers came right after.

Feedback appreciated. Haven't decided right now which team to do next.

Archived