Bucfan56

2018 MLB Season

1 minute ago, Seadragon76 said:

This has to be the most... Mets thing ever. How long has it been since he played his last game?

2001, with the payments being deferred a decade later.

"We pay Bobby Bonilla over a million dollars every year because we were lazy and kicked the can down the road!"

1 minute ago, Dalcowboyfan92 said:

2001, with the payments being deferred a decade later.

"We pay Bobby Bonilla over a million dollars every year because we were lazy and kicked the can down the road!"

17 years?!? The dude is got to be rolling in money like freaking Scrooge McDuck.

6 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

17 years?!? The dude is got to be rolling in money like freaking Scrooge McDuck.

I believe the reason why Bonilla's getting these deferred payments is because of this man.

53ad7e06ecad047556c5b818-750-375.jpg

(According to reports, the 5.9 million dollars the Mets simply could've payed Bobby to buy him out was apart of the millions upon millions of dollars in Madoff's Ponzi scheme.)

If I'm Bobby Bonilla, I'd say "My most favorite person in the world is in jail for the next 150 years."

And I'd send him a Christmas Card every year, blank on the inside except for a giant Dollar sign and two words; "Thank you."

38 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

This has to be the most... Mets thing ever. How long has it been since he played his last game?

2001. He gets paid until 2035. 

Oliver Perez came in as a relief pitcher for the Cleveland Indians tonight.

He faced one batter, who he intentionally walked.

He was then pulled by Francona, thus making him the first pitcher in MLB history to be credited with a pitching appearance in a game without actually throwing a pitch.

On 7/1/2018 at 11:01 PM, Mac the Knife said:

He was then pulled by Francona, thus making him the first pitcher in MLB history to be credited with a pitching appearance in a game without actually throwing a pitch.

I don't know if I should be more amazed at that crazy stat or that Oliver Perez is still pitching

Shohei Ohtani is off the DL and DHing tonight.

As an Angels fan, I'm thrilled. I'm also terrified.

1 hour ago, Shumway said:

Shohei Ohtani is off the DL and DHing tonight.

As an Angels fan, I'm thrilled. I'm also terrified.

At least we get to celebrate the return of Ohtani for a little while before getting swept by the Mariners.

In terms of the All-Star game and the World Series, the National League is like... so :censored:ed.

On 7/1/2018 at 8:01 PM, Mac the Knife said:

What was the point? Pinch hitter for the next batter?

11 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

In terms of the All-Star game and the World Series, the National League is like... so :censored:ed.

All Star Game no longer determines the World Series. It's best record now.

11 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

All Star Game no longer determines the World Series. It's best record now.

I know. I'm just saying their chances of winning are very slim from the looks of things.

Watching Dodgers/Angels tonight and it’s had me thinking. You know, I’m a baseball throwback in a 90’s kid’s body and have always wished I could’ve watched Mickey Mantle or Willie Mays play. But then I watch Mike Trout, and it’s as if that wish came true. He’s that great.

Too bad the Angels have wasted his great career. Has there ever been a player that great whose team has done absolutely nothing with him?

48 minutes ago, The Six said:

Too bad the Angels have wasted his great career. Has there ever been a player that great whose team has done absolutely nothing with him?

We talking baseball only or across all sports?  Cause if it's the latter, I got two words for you my friend.

Barry. Sanders.

1 hour ago, The Six said:

Ichiro Suzuki, Barry Bonds, and Ken Griffey Jr. come to mind.

He’ll be on the Phillies when his contract is up, if not sooner. He’s in town all the time for Super Bowl Champion Eagles games and has apparently told lots of people that he’s going to find a way here. Of course, if LA throws a 500M contract at him he’d be a fool not to take it, but if not...

On 7/3/2018 at 8:38 PM, Dolphins Dynasty said:

Yep. When the Brewers are an NL “contender” you know the league has hit a down year.

4 minutes ago, Magnus said:

Wil Myers of the Padres became the first player to hit three homers in a game his team lost by a dozen runs.