Bucfan56

2018 MLB Season

Hell in 2028 move Miami to Raleigh and Tampa Bay to Nashville. 

3 minutes ago, Wings said:

Hell in 2028 move Miami to Raleigh

Attendance be damned, I don't see the league moving a team from a world class city to a forth-rate city that mainly cares about college basketball.  Maybe if the Hurricanes get moved and the Ybor City stadium falls through they can move the Rays there.

Move the Marlins to Montreal and the Devil Rays to Miami.

Red Sox = Paper Tigers

i don’t care how many wins they have or how gaudy their stats are.

This is a team built for the regular season  and not the postseason. 

Don’t trust them.

3 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

Red Sox = Paper Tigers

i don’t care how many wins they have or how gaudy their stats are.

This is a team built for the regular season  and not the postseason. 

Don’t trust them.

I wonder what it’s like to be able to just say whatever the hell you want without any reason whatsoever or anything to back it up, and be totally confident in yourself.

Cardinals fired Matheny.  Heheh.

That's too bad, he's been a sizable part of the Cubs' recent success.

When was the last time St. Louis fired a manager midseason? Had to be one of the times they plugged Schoendienst in, right?

Watching my friends complaining about Matheny during every Cardinals game is a tradition I'm going to really miss. 

Today we are all Matheny (am I doing this right?)

Just now, Crabcake47 said:

Today we are all Matheny (am I doing this right?)

No, you're actually not, "today we are all _____" is classic CCSLC Mandela Effect.

34 minutes ago, the admiral said:

That's too bad, he's been a sizable part of the Cubs' recent success.

When was the last time St. Louis fired a manager midseason? Had to be one of the times they plugged Schoendienst in, right?

Per wikipedia, Joe Torre was informed his services would no longer be necessary in June 1995.  That worked out well.

Damn right. Matheny seemed like a good dude, but he lost his clubhouse. People act like the Cardinals are imploding, actually that happened about this time last year. This is where the Cardinals slowly build back up. 3 years and no playoffs in unacceptable in St. Louis. I know you sorry Cubbies fans don’t understand. Best of luck to Mike and the other two going forward. A new era starts tomorrow! Win or lose, proud to be a fan of this organization! 

Hope MM catches on in the AL and does well. Now for the FO to make some real players moves.

Just now, Cardsblues02 said:

3 years and no playoffs in unacceptable in St. Louis. I know you sorry Cubbies fans don’t understand.

It's always dorkest before the dawn

I'll settle for the new manager not letting his grumpy veteran closer turn the stellar rookie closer into Rick Ankiel because "that's just how the game works" or something like that.

1 minute ago, rams80 said:

I'll settle for the new manager not letting his grumpy veteran closer turn the stellar rookie closer into Rick Ankiel because "that's just how the game works" or something like that.

Exactly, no need to be an ass to Hicks. Wanna teach him something? Great! Wanna be a ****? Not okay.

16 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It's always dorkest before the dawn

Sheesh, what a moran.

25 minutes ago, Cardsblues02 said:

Damn right. Matheny seemed like a good dude, but he lost his clubhouse. People act like the Cardinals are imploding, actually that happened about this time last year. This is where the Cardinals slowly build back up. 3 years and no playoffs in unacceptable in St. Louis. I know you sorry Cubbies fans don’t understand. Best of luck to Mike and the other two going forward. A new era starts tomorrow! Win or lose, proud to be a fan of this organization! 

Hope MM catches on in the AL and does well. Now for the FO to make some real players moves.

And this is why everyone mocks cards fans as “the best fans in baseball”

38 minutes ago, dont care said:

And this is why everyone mocks cards fans as “the best fans in baseball”

Why? People laughing at the team imploding? Making fun of a rival (if that offends you, get a life)? Wishing Matheny best luck? Calling for the the office to make some moves? I don’t get it. Or is anything a Cardinals fan says an issue.

I don’t come here with the “God chose the Cardinals” B.S. I keep it real if I can. And 3 years with no playoffs IS AN ISSUE.

6 hours ago, FGM13 said:

I wonder what it’s like to be able to just say whatever the hell you want without any reason whatsoever or anything to back it up, and be totally confident in yourself.

You need to watch more Stugotz. 

Managers barely matter. It's more that the Cardinals are just not that good. Or they're not good enough to overcome not having a ridiculously, luckily high BABIP with RISP. Sooner or later average guys were going to stop being magically good just because they have some birds on their jersey. 

The Reds, on the other hand, are the best team in baseball. And the most bipolar.