2018 MLB Season

FiddySicks

Waive him, and the Cardinals -- ironically, the team whose fanbase was obsessed with its own choir-boy behavior before Twitter was even around to steal their bit -- would pick him right off the scrap heap and no one there would care what he did when he was legally a child and not signed to a major-league contract.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there ever be a final one of these? If you hire an agent in 2018 and they don’t scrub your Twitter feed, fire them immediately. New dumb things will be sent out on occasion, of course, but there really should not be any more of these stories about dragging up old posts.

3 hours ago, Cosmic said:

Will there ever be a final one of these? If you hire an agent in 2018 and they don’t scrub your Twitter feed, fire them immediately. New dumb things will be sent out on occasion, of course, but there really should not be any more of these stories about dragging up old posts.

Wrong, it’s the fact NOBODY can make a mistake every HAS to be perfect mob mentality. Here’s a simple question that I bet we collectively can’t answer:

why do we we care about twitter and old tweets from the past knowing full well they made a mistake? Why not just move along instead of nailing everybody to the stake? Pretty soon we are gonna run out of nails and people.....

5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Waive him, and the Cardinals -- ironically, the team whose fanbase was obsessed with its own choir-boy behavior before Twitter was even around to steal their bit -- would pick him right off the scrap heap and no one there would care what he did when he was legally a child and not signed to a major-league contract.

I was going to say, he'd probably be a hero to my "fellow" Cardinals fans.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

6 minutes ago, lilben777 said:

Wrong, it’s the fact NOBODY can make a mistake every HAS to be perfect mob mentality. Here’s a simple question that I bet we collectively can’t answer:

why do we we care about twitter and old tweets from the past knowing full well they made a mistake? Why not just move along instead of nailing everybody to the stake? Pretty soon we are gonna run out of nails and people.....

What you say in the heat of the moment is the real you.  It has always been that way.  And yeah ~18 year old me would have known better than to say some of those things.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

17 is definitely old enough to know better. Even if you use word like that in real life, you can't be stupid enough to put it out there on Twitter using your real name.

At the same time, even if he said those things today I can't bring myself to care anymore. Dumb people say dumb things. The only cure is public shaming, and the Internet Outrage Machine will take care of that easily. I don't have the energy to get outraged over what every random nobody (basically what a Brewers relief pitcher is) has to say.

7 hours ago, DG_Now said:

I have no idea how his comments will even play in baseball. The sports has seen a major demographic shift in its makeup over the past couple of decades and I'm not sure what audience or audiences it is even appealing to.

I think an apology and everyone moving on is probably okay.

Better than they would with NBA fans...not as well as they would with NFL fans...

People are going to react how they are going to react.  I am not about to call for the team to release him nor am I going to lose sleep that a guy like that is able to earn a good living playing sports.  The fact is that many people are very much like him.  And it's more en vogue to be that way today than it was when he made those tweets.  But, whatever happens to him, I'm not going to feel bad, either.  If the minority public opinion is loud enough that it impacts him, well, I have better things to worry about.  I recall when Leo Mazzone, John Rocker's pitching coach predicted it would ruin Rocker's career.  And he was right.  Does it matter that Rocker's rant was in real time while this one was from years ago?  Maybe.  My assumption is that those tweets reflect who this guy is...I know some people grow up...but the numbers probably back me.

As for stupidity...obviously...but he's not going to be vilified for being stupid.  But if you are an athlete, team, or agent, scrub the social media.  Kyle Schwarber had a "gay as pejorative" tweet from years ago outed last night.  Just about every pro athlete with a public twitter account is probably being looked at now.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

4 hours ago, Cosmic said:

That's what's so baffling to me. You're a professional athlete and neither your agent, nor the team's PR people thought to look into your online history before you appeared in the All-Star Game? If after Josh Allen's past came back after the draft and every single player rep didn't immediately go "delete every tweet you sent before six minutes ago" then I don't know what they're even for.  

Maybe it's just a case where if the job is done right we never hear about it. We only learn about the Mitch Trubisky "I love ttitititities" tweets because someone drops the ball. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Conspiracy Theory: The balls were juiced last night. 

What actually probably happened: It was hot and humid, which means baseballs fly farther. Also every pitcher in the all star game was touching 98 and when the best hitters in the game hit a ball going that fast it goes far.

The Scooter Gennett tying home run was really cool. Joey Votto finally getting an all star game hit and it being a home run was a cool moment too. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

I don't care that a white guy is quoting rap lyrics on Twitter; to have them up is more damning of his unawareness that being outraged is really fashionable right now than it is about his character as a person.

But "I hate gays" is pretty sus.

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Turns out a bunch of these were him quoting rap lyrics or movies.

Oh I'm sure. And which rap song did the quotes "white power" and "kkk" come from?

6uXNWAo.png

1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

Conspiracy Theory: The balls were juiced last night. 

What actually probably happened: It was hot and humid, which means baseballs fly farther. Also every pitcher in the all star game was touching 98 and when the best hitters in the game hit a ball going that fast it goes far.

The Scooter Gennett tying home run was really cool. Joey Votto finally getting an all star game hit and it being a home run was a cool moment too. 

Yeah I wouldn't be suprise if they did that given that there is actual evidence for them doing last season to bump up offense and that they modified them even more for the world series.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/fivethirtyeight.com/features/juiced-baseballs/amp/

https://www.si.com/mlb/2017/10/29/world-series-baseballs-leather-justin-verlander-yu-darvish-ken-giles-kenley-jansen

uig7aiht8jnpl1szbi57zzlsh.gif4jzjfvwxifvemelyh9xjbnyr4.gifefvfv5b5g1zgpsf56gb04lthx.gif594153172016.gif

Kershaw is GOD! Kershaw is LIFE! Kershaw is ALL!

29 minutes ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

He's gonna be a FA at the end of the season, right? Though I'm not saying he wouldn't re-sign with them.

I think he wants to play shortstop, but LA probably won’t have a spot for him there next year provided Seager is healthy.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

1 hour ago, ninersdd said:

I think he wants to play shortstop, but LA probably won’t have a spot for him there next year provided Seager is healthy.

Yeah, I remember him saying he would not want to be traded to a team that wants him at 3rd

Excellent!

2 hours ago, DNAsports said:

Any Dodgers fans on here who know how good the players are that the Orioles are getting back?

Dean Kremer RHP

Zach Pop RHP

Breyvic Valera INF

Rylan Bannon INF

Yusniel Díaz OF

Diaz was I believe the #3 prospect. Kramer and Brannon were top 30.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived