2018 MLB Season

FiddySicks

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 7/27/2018 at 7:39 AM, BringBackTheVet said:

So nationally, what are people saying about the First Place Philadelphia Phillies?  They're kind of devoid of personality and have a wackadoo for a manager

That seems like a pairing that shouldn't exist.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

3 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The Orioles have traded away Manny Machado, Zach Britton, Brad Brach, Kevin Gausman, Darren O'Day, and Jonathan Schoop.

but hey, prospects!

giphy.gif

Peter Angelos is a giant schmuck.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

The Orioles have traded away Manny Machado, Zach Britton, Brad Brach, Kevin Gausman, Darren O'Day, and Jonathan Schoop.

but hey, prospects!

giphy.gif

I'm a Habs fan. I can relate.

4 hours ago, DNAsports said:

but hey, prospects!

giphy.gif

They were in the ALCS less than 4 years ago!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

8 hours ago, Crabcake47 said:

Orioles’ (much needed) fire sale continues, as they trade Kevin Gausman to the Braves. I love this deal. Gausman was going nowhere fast with this organization, and despite his huge potential, he never parlayed it into sustained excellence. The definition of inconsistency. Hopefully this doesn’t turn into Jake Arrieta pt. 2, which it definitely could because it’s the Orioles, but I really don’t think so. Great move by Duquette imo (did I just say that?). 

EDIT: O'Day and his bloated contract that the Orioles refused to give clearly superior releiver Andrew Miller are part of the Gausman deal.  Schoop also heads to the Brewers for their No. 7 prospect.  Burn it.  Burn it all down.

I heard Adam Jones refused a deal that would've sent him to Philadelphia. But they're still going to be shopping him, right?

9 hours ago, Dolphins Dynasty said:

I heard Adam Jones refused a deal that would've sent him to Philadelphia. But they're still going to be shopping him, right?

Not sure why he'd refuse a chance to play for the (barely) First Place Philadelphia Phillies, who just held the pretender Red Sox to a total of 3 runs in 22 innings while splitting the series, proving beyond any shadow of a doubt that they're just as good.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My brain would've traded Adam Jones.  He's an aging free agent who's past his prime and the Orioles should absolutely not sign him for more than a year in the offseason, if they sign him at all.  Getting something for him would've been the best thing.

My heart, though, wants to see him stay for as long as possible.  In my opinion, he's the closest the Orioles have had to a club "legend" since Cal.  He's been with the team for 11 years now, always plays hard, always gives his best, is a fan favorite, is a huge presence in the community, and had a stretch there for a couple of years where he was legitimately a great center fielder, on both sides of the ball.  If the Orioles had to pick a player from the post-1998 rosters to retire their jersey, they should pick his #10.  If he'd take a discount, my heart wouldn't mind having him on the roster in the beginning of the rebuild as a veteran presence from the bench, just so that he can retire as an Oriole and further cement that club legend status.

spacer.png

This mightve been the best week prior to trade deadline for the Rays that i ever recall.  The trades made since last Wednesday starting with the Eovaldi deal were smart, and net MLB ready prospects.  Usually i'm used to the "we got guys you might see in 3-5 years"

- Received Jalen Beeks from Boston for Eovaldi (Red Sox 2017 minor league pitcher of the year, made Rays Roster last week)

- Received Michael Perez from Arizona for Matt Andriese (started for Rays day after trade)

- Received Tommy Pham from Cards for three minir leaguers. (Pham is under team control thru 2021)

- Received Tyler Glasnow and Austin Meadows from Pirates for Chris Archer (arguable two top tier prospects that shore up the OF and pitching.)

I looked at the 2016 roster vs the current Rays roster and in just 2 seasons, the Rays have revamped their roster.  There are just 3 guys on the current team that were here in 2016 (Kiermaier, Snell, and Duffy).  This team is set for success maybe as soon as 2019, and these moves also free up some salary space to sign a few free agents next year (maybe a catcher, and likely some SP's)

The Red Sox didn't lose a series in July and have Boston's best games above .500 stat since I believe the 40's and something is still indeed afoot with this team. There's just nothing concrete that proves that they're going to be able to consistently beat good teams. Mookie and J.D. are the only players to have any faith in come October, leaving out the entire starter staff, including Chris Sale who's currently on the 10 day cause his shoulder's tired from pitching while also being a tree branch. Have the boards ever seen a team this good, with some of the very best bats, gloves and arms in the game, 3 Cy Young winners on the rotation, potentially upwards of 105 wins at the 162 mark, with such a pretender status? Other than the 2016 and 2017 Red Sox of course.

Lz5f6vZ.png

But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8/      Check Out My: Little Big League MLB ProjectDribbble

55 minutes ago, Bruins said:

The Red Sox didn't lose a series in July and have Boston's best games above .500 stat since I believe the 40's and something is still indeed afoot with this team. There's just nothing concrete that proves that they're going to be able to consistently beat good teams. Mookie and J.D. are the only players to have any faith in come October, leaving out the entire starter staff, including Chris Sale who's currently on the 10 day cause his shoulder's tired from pitching while also being a tree branch. Have the boards ever seen a team this good, with some of the very best bats, gloves and arms in the game, 3 Cy Young winners on the rotation, potentially upwards of 105 wins at the 162 mark, with such a pretender status? Other than the 2016 and 2017 Red Sox of course.

Ugh, you're sounding like a member of the Boston sports media. "Yeah, they're one of the best teams in baseball, but on paper they're one of the worst and it means more on paper."

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I mean, it's possible for both of these things to be true:

1. the current team has a track record of falling apart in October and this year they've benefited from especially poor opposition

2. nearly everyone on the roster is better this year than last, plus Martinez, plus a better manager -- past performance does not indicate future returns

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 7/31/2018 at 9:57 PM, the admiral said:

2005 White Sox

Oh go blow it out your ass already. Your team is probably gonna get at least one or two more before Rizzo and company get disbanded. 

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

Archived