Bucfan56

2018 MLB Season

I mean, it's possible for both of these things to be true:

1. the current team has a track record of falling apart in October and this year they've benefited from especially poor opposition

2. nearly everyone on the roster is better this year than last, plus Martinez, plus a better manager -- past performance does not indicate future returns

On 7/31/2018 at 9:57 PM, the admiral said:

2005 White Sox

Oh go blow it out your ass already. Your team is probably gonna get at least one or two more before Rizzo and company get disbanded. 

:o Well excuse me that Ozzie Guillen had more personality than Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko, Jon Garland, and Scott Podsednik combined.

Oh... wow! I didn't know the A's were doing that good. And them and the Mariners aren't too far behind the Astros for the division lead.

55 minutes ago, the admiral said:

:o Well excuse me that Ozzie Guillen had more personality than Jermaine Dye, Paul Konerko, Jon Garland, and Scott Podsednik combined.

I liked you more when you were banned. 

Okay, that was mean, I take that back. But you're still full of crap. I'd take rings over "personality" any day.

Back to the topic at hand, with the Brown, Orioles and Mets all sucked, maybe it's a sign that orange colored sports teams don't bring about much success. 

1 hour ago, Alex Houston said:

I liked you more when you were banned. 

Okay, that was mean, I take that back. But you're still full of crap. I'd take rings over "personality" any day.

Back to the topic at hand, with the Brown, Orioles and Mets all sucked, maybe it's a sign that orange colored sports teams don't bring about much success. 

Ummm . . . . 😜

scenes-from-game-7-of-the-world-series_d

Houston-Astros-World-Series-660x400.jpg

Yknow I spent a good minute, trying to think of a recent team with a primary orange that won in my lifetime. Course I forget the glaringly obvious one. Way to botch it up, Houston.

F/ Sox 15, Yanks 7. I don't even know what I just watched. Steve Pearce 3 HRs? 8 run 4th? They seem like less of a pretender than they did 4 hours ago. I know, I know, it's 1 game, but they beat an actual team with Brian Johnson against CC Sabathia. 3 bangers to come, this is gonna be a must watch. 

The Red Sox in recent years have proven to be the AL's Nationals- great in the reg. season, but they leave you wanting more in the postseason.

It's a shame that LA had to cough up the safety in their three touchdown romp.

Not even my AL team is good anymore. What the hell are the Mariners doing?

2 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

The Red Sox in recent years have proven to be the AL's Nationals- great in the reg. season, but they leave you wanting more in the postseason.

They destroyed my Yankees today, the AL East is slipping away from us.

4 hours ago, Alex Houston said:

Yknow I spent a good minute, trying to think of a recent team with a primary orange that won in my lifetime. Course I forget the glaringly obvious one. Way to botch it up, Houston.

There’s also a particular baseball team on the west coast that has won three titles this decade that wears orange. 

7 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

There’s also a particular baseball team on the west coast that has won three titles this decade that wears orange. 

If my math is right, half of World Series champions in the 2010s were pretty predominantly orange, and even the Mets had that good runner-up year in one of the other ones.

Best season since 2001 and the Mariners are still going to miss the playoffs. Unreal. 

11 hours ago, SabresRule7361 said:

It's too early for that comparison. Wait until this postseason to start throwing around the choke label for this bunch. It's a mostly different team just 5 years later, but the franchise won it all as recently as 2013, which is after the Nationals run of playoff choking began. The Nationals lost in the NLDS in 2012, 2014, 2016, and 2017 and were the higher seed in every one of those series. 3 of those involved losing Game 5 at home. That's a much different thing than losing as the road team to the eventual AL and World Series winner. 

21 minutes ago, McCarthy said:

Best season since 2001 and the Mariners are still going to miss the playoffs. Unreal. 

If it makes you feel any better, the A’s are going to completely waste it like they always do come time to play actual playoff games. 

9 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Speaking of that particular team, both Cueto and Sandoval are out for the year.

0dvW0me.gif

Ah well, this was a .500 team going in and a .500 team going out. Go not-Dodgers.

15 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

If it makes you feel any better, the A’s are going to completely waste it like they always do come time to play actual playoff games. 

I love the A's so I'm okay with them being the guys to steal the spot from the Mariners, but yeah it definitely feels unthinkable that they win a one game playoff game in New York. Especially when the Yankees have the next two months to prepare their lineup for that game while the A's and Mariners are going to fight each other until the last day. If it's the Mariners I think they have a slightly better chance against the Yankees if they can get there without having to burn a Paxton start in one of the last games of the season. 

11 hours ago, LMU said:

It's a shame that LA had to cough up the safety in their three touchdown romp.

Must’ve been the kickers fault.