2018 MLB Season

FiddySicks

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the Braves have to meet the Rockies in the NLDS with the way things are going, that series is gonna be over real quick.
Granted the Braves are generally the weakest team with a playoff spot already secured so maybe that's gonna be true regardless, but oh well.

ICXC NIKA

56 minutes ago, Digby said:

I'd like to see Cleveland get over the hump, but Houston is still #1 in my mind. Boston's toast with that roster of pitchers.

I feel likewise about the Sox. This crop of players is chokers until they prove otherwise to me. 

spacer.png

3 minutes ago, SFGiants58 said:

Well, the Giants just eliminated the Cardinals by losing to the Dodgers. That’s got to count for something, right?

In front of a blue clad crowd at home. It was like a Blackhawks vs Coyotes crowd in Phoenix.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

Looks like we will get two tiebreakers this year.

Cubs will host the Brewers for the NL Central title, the loser will host the wildcard game against the loser of the NL West tiebreaker between the Dodgers and Rockies. Dodgers will host the tiebreaker game. I dont think we have ever had multiple tiebreaker games in a season before.

Signature intentionally left blank

Crazy standings table at the end of this one. Two pairs of teams tied for first in their divisions. Rays miss with 90 wins, Mariners with 89, Cardinals with 88. Boston, Houston, and the Yanks all won 100 or more; the Sox, K.C., and Baltimore lost 100 or more. Depending how far you want to zoom out, the Brewers went 7-0, 9-1, or 19-7 to tie for first. 

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

So we had farewells for Adam Jones in Baltimore, Hunter Pence in San Francisco, and Joe Mauer in Minnesota yesterday. Were there any more? I know that DC had a standing ovation for Harper during his last home stand. 

Archived