Bucfan56

2018 MLB Season

Recommended Posts

Because of all this damn cold weather the rest of the country is experiencing that postponed the Angels/Royals game on Sunday, Shohei Sundays are now Ohtani Tuesdays.

 

Stupid snow.... pushing back his start, pushing back his at-bats, rabble rabble rabble.

 

He'll throw against the Red Sox on Tuesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Because Ohantimania is too good to be buried in a thread.

 

Ohtani was scheduled to pitch yesterday, but his game was postponed and will now pitch Tuesday. Unfortunately, that means we don't get to see him hit until Thursday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if I don't praise the Mets, they'll do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohtani couldn’t last 3 innings against the Red Sox. 

Gave up a leadoff HR to Mookie Betts, and 2 more ERs. 

 

Are the Red Sox good yet? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ozzyman314 said:

Ohtani couldn’t last 3 innings against the Red Sox. 

Gave up a leadoff HR to Mookie Betts, and 2 more ERs. 

 

Are the Red Sox good yet? 

 

They're clearly the best team in baseball right now, IMO.

 

Angels need to find a way to bounce back from this 10-1 butt-whooping tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tracy Jordan said:

 

They're clearly the best team in baseball right now, IMO.

 

Angels need to find a way to bounce back from this 10-1 butt-whooping tonight.

Yeah, that was just a knock at the people i’ve seen saying they “haven’t faced a good team yet”. 

 

Not sure what was up with Ohtani. But Price had a similar outing a few days ago. Just not The Angles night I guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Ohtani couldn’t last 3 innings against the Red Sox. 

Gave up a leadoff HR to Mookie Betts, and 2 more ERs. 

 

Are the Red Sox good yet? 

 

Well yeah, but the Sox are usually really good and they still got hammered in the first round the last two years.

 

It’s April.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, ozzyman314 said:

Yeah, that was just a knock at the people i’ve seen saying they “haven’t faced a good team yet”. 

 

Not sure what was up with Ohtani. But Price had a similar outing a few days ago. Just not The Angles night I guess. 

 

Official reason he was pulled was a blister, which isn’t ideal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red Sox have now outscored the Angels 19-1 through two games in this series. Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crazy how after being dead last in HRs last year, and no Grand Slams. Red Sox already have 22 HRs, and 4 Grand Slams.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Reds have fired Bryan Price, which was only a matter of time. If any major league teams want a good pitching coach he's now available. I would not interview him for manager. 

 

PLEASE hire someone who doesn't bunt. Only hire Barry Larkin if he's the best candidate and you're going to actually give him pieces he can use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, McCarthy said:

The Reds have fired Bryan Price, which was only a matter of time. If any major league teams want a good pitching coach he's now available. I would not interview him for manager. 

 

PLEASE hire someone who doesn't bunt. Only hire Barry Larkin if he's the best candidate and you're going to actually give him pieces he can use.

ITS ABOUT :censored: TIME! Keep in mind John Ferrel is a currently a scout for the Reds. Barry Larkin as well as Joe Girardi are options as well, but knowing the Reds they will probably break everyones hearts like they always do and keep Jim Riggleman or find someone even worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dilbert said:

ITS ABOUT :censored: TIME! Keep in mind John Ferrel is a currently a scout for the Reds. Barry Larkin as well as Joe Girardi are options as well, but knowing the Reds they will probably break everyones hearts like they always do and keep Jim Riggleman or find someone even worse.

 

I have no evidence for this, but Jim Riggleman seems like the most "Baseball Guy" manager they could possibly find and the way baseball is moving I want the exact opposite. I want a manager who will bring his closer in in the 7th if the situation dictates, never bunts, keeps Billy Hamilton out of the leadoff spot, and bats Votto second. A probability-calculating computer, basically. That guy is probably not my favorite professional athlete of all time, Barry Larkin, unfortunately. 

 

They also need to figure out why every high draft pick pitching prospect keeps getting hurt. 

 

And since the season is already over bring up Senzel and play him, Winker, Peraza, and Blandino every single day. I don't know why 35 year old Cliff Pennington is on this team or why he's playing so much. That's how you get those guys better. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the only time i want to see cliff pennington in a reds uniform is when he's on the mound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Dilbert said:

ITS ABOUT :censored: TIME! Keep in mind John Ferrel is a currently a scout for the Reds. Barry Larkin as well as Joe Girardi are options as well, but knowing the Reds they will probably break everyones hearts like they always do and keep Jim Riggleman or find someone even worse.

 

Ryne Sandberg is available, lol.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holy crap that’s scary. 

Hope he pulls through and is still able to have a career after this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ozzyman314 said:

Holy crap that’s scary. 

Hope he pulls through and is still able to have a career after this. 

and he is 31 years old too.  very young for something like that (not a Doctor put play one on TV)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sean Manaea is taking a no hitter into the 9th against the Red Sox. Impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now