MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

3 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

Okay nevermind, I take back what I said earlier. 

2N9BW3U.png

All I did was get rid of the number outlines and I tweaked the yellow a little bit so I think there is enough contrast now. 

Let me know what you guys think!

Solid take on the Brewers!  The only thing id change is the number font (keep it TNR) and the vertical stripes from collar to sleeve cuff, but everything else is great!

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Er7lFUA.png

I don't know New York too well. I don't know where Mets territory ends and Yankees territory begins. I don't know the feels of Mets fans toward their own uniforms regarding pinstripes. So from an outsider's perspective, when I think "new york pinstripes" I immediately think Yankees without a second of hesitation. Also given the comparative youth of the Mets to the Yankees, I just don't think the pinstripes fit them. However they do have a look that I think would fit them better. Enter the 1986 uniforms. 

Hats - In my self-declared as an outsider mission to get the Mets visual identity out of the shadow of the Yankees mission (i'm working on an acronym) I gave the primary hat something I think makes it better: an outline on the logo. So the normal hats and helmets are blue/blue with the orange and white interlocked NY. For the alternate hats, simply changed the bill to orange. 

Jerseys - So as I said above, enter 1986. In my research the 1986 uniforms were probably the most unique uniforms the Mets have worn in their history, plus they have a championship in them as well. So they became the focal point in my redo of the Mets uniforms. The pinstripes are gone from the white uniforms. There also wasn't a good NEW YORK script that fit this look so all the jerseys have METS on the chest. I also thought a white name looked better on the blue jersey so I left it white rather than match the orange numbers. 

Pants - White and blue pants with the same stripe down the side. I added the blue pants after I saw the Royal Giants Negro League throwbacks and I really liked the all blue look so that's where the blue pants came from. 

BP - the BP look is rather simple. Kept the same Spring Training hat with Mr. Met on the front of a blue and orange paneled hat. Jersey has the interlocked NY on the chest, with shortened stripes all around 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

rVOheJ3.png

There's a lot of red, white and blue in the MLB. Be it navy blue or royal blue there's a lot of it. Even though the red, white and blue scheme makes a hell of a lot of sense for a team based in Philadelphia, I had another idea for the Phillies. I decided to go back to maroon and white because it gives the Phillies a unique color scheme and eliminates a RWB team in a RWB heavy league. 

Hats - One hat for all the main uniforms: maroon on maroon with the curly P logo. Helmets are the same way. Not much else to say. 

Jerseys - Despite my ambivalent feelings on pinstripes, I think that the Phillies look good currently in pinstripes, even if they make the white uniforms look pink. This time the pinstripes are maroon and really doesn't deviate from what they wear now. Kept the sleeve numbers on all the uniforms because it has that uniqueness to it. For the road uniform I went with the maroon for the base, simple triple stripe on the sleeves, number just above them. Alternate wise, I didn't like grey as an alternate. Instead I went with a pinstripe-less white uniform that matches the road uniform, this time with the P logo on the chest instead of a wordmark. 

Pants - 3 different pants, pinstripe white, maroons and normal whites. For the non pinstriped pants, 3-stripe down the pant legs. Also two different sets of socks, both maroon just one with stripes and one without. 

BP - For the BP gear, I didn't get too too crazy. For the hat, I used a maroon on grey hat with the Liberty Bell logo dead center. On the BP jerseys I used a concept ish logo I wanted to use on the main jerseys but I decided against it because it just didn't feel right for the main uniforms. Shortened sleeve stripes on the sleeves as well as a solid shoulder stripe as an homage to the racing stripe days. 

C&C welcome on these as well as on the Mets. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Liking the new colors! Maybe you could try the Liberty Bell on the chest instead of the p? Personally whether it be football basketball, or baseball, if the logo appears twice it’s kind of annoying, to me atleast. I think the bell would be a good alternate to having two uniforms with the p both on the hat and chest. Maybe even just on the alternate to change it up. I’m just nitpicking though, it looks really good and unique, haven’t seen anyone take this path with the phils before. Mets look good, I’d like to see a New York script though.

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Glad you made the switch from red to maroon, but I'm not feeling the gray. It looks a bit too drab. Did you consider using powder blue instead? I know you're trying to move away from RWB but powder blue isn't too common around the league and I think it would contrast better than the gray. 

I also agree with @BellaSpurs that it might be nice to have an alternate with just the Liberty Bell on it. 

All in all good work, and I hope you go crazy with the Pirates! 

20 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Liking the new colors! Maybe you could try the Liberty Bell on the chest instead of the p? Personally whether it be football basketball, or baseball, if the logo appears twice it’s kind of annoying, to me atleast. I think the bell would be a good alternate to having two uniforms with the p both on the hat and chest. Maybe even just on the alternate to change it up. I’m just nitpicking though, it looks really good and unique, haven’t seen anyone take this path with the phils before. Mets look good, I’d like to see a New York script though.

5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Glad you made the switch from red to maroon, but I'm not feeling the gray. It looks a bit too drab. Did you consider using powder blue instead? I know you're trying to move away from RWB but powder blue isn't too common around the league and I think it would contrast better than the gray. 

I also agree with @BellaSpurs that it might be nice to have an alternate with just the Liberty Bell on it. 

All in all good work, and I hope you go crazy with the Pirates! 

zsbRd1T.png

For the New York script dilemma, I found a short lived script that was used only in 1987 but I felt that it matched the METS script on the home uniform. If that doesn't tickle a fancy, I ran back to the NEW YORK lettering they use now. 

QgSFzzX.png

I didn't consider powder blue with the maroon even though they were worn together in the 70s. I'm not sold on abandoning the grey just yet so I gave a couple options. On the left is a slightly lightened grey with the Liberty Bell - P logo on the chest instead. On the right is the slightly different version with the liberty bell only and powder blue rather than grey. 

Let me know what you guys think!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

i6FbMZZ.png

Easy update for New York, just changed the away uniform script. 

7N0d2Wz.png

Slightly more major update for the Phillies. I made an executive decision to cut out the pinstripes with the re-addition of powder blue. So the home uniform becomes the mirror of the away uniform just colored appropriately. Away uniform doesn't change too much, just the addition powder blue. Away uniform becomes powder blue with the liberty bell on the chest. Hat becomes maroon/powder blue with the P + liberty bell logo. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

840hJU1.png

Pittsburgh took me longer because my old cleat template had finally pissed me off to the point that I had to do something and as a result, I have a new cleat template for baseball. Which was a long time coming anyways so no time like the present. Anyways, back to the Pirates. No real complaints with their existing look, it's unique but doesn't push the envelope beyond the realm of what looks good. But that's no fun for a concept series so I did make a few changes here and there. 

Hats - Lots and lots of hats in Pittsburgh. One style of black hat wasn't gonna work so there are two different styles: black/black and black/yellow, both with the double outlined P on the front. Secondary hat is yellow and black with a simpler P on the front. As always, the helmets correspond to their hats. 

Jerseys - I went with an early 70's inspired style for the uniforms, namely in the double stripes on the sleeves and the collar striping as well. PIRATES on the home whites, PITTSBURGH on the road yellow. Yes, I said road yellow. I get that black would be the logical and obvious choice but I just liked the way that the yellow uniform looked as the road uniform. The alternate uniform is black with the P on the left chest and number on the opposite side. 

Pants - White and black pants. Double stripe down the sides of both of them. Socks are directly taken from a picture I found of Roberto Clemente and I liked the design rather than the double striping. 

BP - I had a lot of fun with these. The main BP set are the yellow ones, hat has the pirate over the crossed bats logo on the front. Shortened stripes on the sleeves, chest numbers, the whole works. The second set might be my second favorite behind Milwaukee. I used the Jolly Roger flag as seen in popular culture pirates as heavy inspiration for these. I kept some yellow throughout the two pieces but tried to make the focus to be on the black and white. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Pirates look good! Pretty straightforward home and road sets. For the black alt, I'd move the front number up so it's aligned with the "P" or just remove it altogether. The BP jerseys are nice, especially the gold one. Not sure how I feel about the black & white option. I feel like it could use just a touch more gold...maybe on the cap bill/squatchee?  

That powder blue Philly alt is wonderful! Love the bell.

Also, the Mets' blue is looking nice with the New York script.

I'm not feeling Pittsburgh's yellow BP, I might use the pirate head logo on the jersey, P on the cap, and do the Pirates wordmark in white on the black BP.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:35 PM, DNAsports said:

What would a BP jersey based off this shirt look like?

ff_2849167alt2_full.jpg&w=900

Probably a little too close for my comfort to the design for their divisional counterparts BP uniforms (Reds).

dYhgw0P.png

On 8/6/2018 at 8:13 AM, coco1997 said:

The Pirates look good! Pretty straightforward home and road sets. For the black alt, I'd move the front number up so it's aligned with the "P" or just remove it altogether. The BP jerseys are nice, especially the gold one. Not sure how I feel about the black & white option. I feel like it could use just a touch more gold...maybe on the cap bill/squatchee?  

The black BP jersey is meant to be mostly black and white. It's based off the Jolly Roger flag, which is black and white. I added some gold to the sleeves just to get some gold on there. The yellow BP jersey and hat would be the go to set for them, the Jolly Roger set would be worn much less frequently. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

3 minutes ago, bkknight95 said:

The black BP jersey is meant to be mostly black and white. It's based off the Jolly Roger flag, which is black and white. I added some gold to the sleeves just to get some gold on there. The yellow BP jersey and hat would be the go to set for them, the Jolly Roger set would be worn much less frequently. 

Got it. Could we possibly see the alt using the skull and crossbones from this logo?

latest?cb=20130613135721

22 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Got it. Could we possibly see the alt using the skull and crossbones from this logo?

latest?cb=20130613135721

XuaRaCY.png

Made a second BP uniform. I didn't like the pirate with the crossed bats for the black BP jersey, so the P is on the front instead. For the Jolly Roger BP jersey, I dug up the old skull and crossed bats the Pirates used to use and used that instead, which I probably should have done sooner. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived