MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

VDjy9Ts.png

The Indians were one of the first issues I came across in the AL. Which also manifested in the NL.  I find that the Indians and the Braves are very similar to the untrained eye as they exist now. Both have an identity rooted in Native Americans and have the same color scheme and over the course of their respective histories, had similar uniforms so I wanted to separate the identities of the two. So for Cleveland, two major things happen here: White gives way to a vintage white. I like it on their alternates and I think they could run with it full time and Chief Wahoo is fully retired and appears no where. 

-Hats -  Two hats, navy/red and red/navy. Block C logo graces them both as well as the corresponding BP helmets. There's no set BP hat since now that Wahoo is gone they really don't have a logo to put on it. 

-Jerseys - Vintage white and navy uniforms, kept it rather simple with these. Used a northwestern stripe on the sleeves adapted from the striping used on the racing stripe uniforms from '89-'93. I brought back the CLEVELAND script. I think it has more character than the block Cleveland they're using now and matches the Indians script. No declared alternates, but I supposed they could use the BP unis if they really felt like changing it up a little. Speaking of, fairly simple BP sets, navy and red with the block INDIANS on the front and truncated NW stripes up closer to the shoulders. 

-Pants - Vintage white and navy pants as well. The pant stripe is actually pointed like the arrow in Chief Wahoo's hair. I thought it was an acceptable homage to the logo they had in some form for almost 70 years, even if he wasn't the most politically correct. Navy socks with same NW stripe. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, TheRealCoachCarter said:

Maybe could have put INJUNS or WAHOOS on the batting practice jersey..throwing creativity in wildly.

When it's Rangers time...I'd love to see their old Cowboy logo show up on the batting practice jersey, and a more exciting hat (Expo's esc)...too good to walk away from.

If the MLB doesn't like the Chief Wahoo imagery they most definitely wouldn't be okay with "injun" being anywhere near a uniform.

Anyways, I love the Cleveland look especially the navy pants. The idea of colored pants shouldn't be as taboo as it is in the sport.

Y'all know this is just my opinion, right?

19 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I feel like the truncated stripes would be better going from the waist->down rather than from the cuff->up to accommodate players wearing high socks. 

Id1hW5E.png

I do have a hemmed up pants template that I really neglect to use. But now that I have it worked out, I thoughtg that it would make a lot of sense to actually use it. As for flipping the stripe, I don't really want to do that because then it defeats its own purpose. It was intended to be reminiscent of Chief Wahoo's hair feather and flipping it upside down wouldn't give off the same appearance I feel like.  

AmPJ0Ty.png 

22 hours ago, MJD7 said:

Cleveland's look is solid. The changes you've made definitely help to give them their own distinct look, yet it makes me curious how you're going to handle the Twins and the Braves.

All in good time :) but for now, I finally have Detroit ready: 

wf3MUnB.png

My biggest complaint with the Tigers current look is that their home jersey gives off the impression that they are a navy and white team and how orange could play a bigger role in their look. So that's what I did

-Hats - For the normal rotation, one hat; Navy with a orange bill. Kept the Olde English D on the front, in one color. I tried adding an outline to it on the hats but it looked bad so I left it one color. Batting helmets match the hats. BP hats are just a flip of the hat; orange hat, navy bill. 

-Jerseys - The home jersey changes the most by far. I used the scripty Tigers on the front to match the existing away jersey's "DETROIT". For all jerseys I used the striping pattern from the '70s which I'm starting to notice was a very popular stripe. Kept the placket piping on the home and away jerseys as well as the front numbers under the scripts. Alternate jersey is orange, with the D on the chest along with no piping. BP jerseys continue the wild trend. Orange and navy, I used the striping found throughout on the collar and on the sleeves. 

-Pants - White pants would be the normal go to pants for the Tigers. Again, used the same stripes down the legs. I debated and debated if I should add the navy pants and I ended up adding them as an alternate set. I'm still not sure about them but I'll see what the consensus is. Socks are navy and orange and are striped as well. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Woah! This one's really surprising. I would also support more use of orange for the Tigers, and you managed to execute it quite well. The only thing I would change would be to make the numbers on the orange jersey navy with a white outline, to match the logo and make the jersey a little less "bright."

Looking forward to (presumably) Houston next!

On 3/1/2018 at 2:22 PM, bkknight95 said:

VDjy9Ts.png

I'm not a fan of the sleeve stripes being so big. If they were closer to what they wore in 1987 I think it would be a better look. I really want someone to take a whack at a way to show Indians that doesn't include an indian head. The plain block C just bums me out as it just doesn't stand out in a crowd. 

On 3/1/2018 at 2:28 PM, TheRealCoachCarter said:

Maybe could have put INJUNS or WAHOOS on the batting practice jersey..throwing creativity in wildly.

When it's Rangers time...I'd love to see their old Cowboy logo show up on the batting practice jersey, and a more exciting hat (Expo's esc)...too good to walk away from.

Injuns is a non-starter. And Wahoos is something that we refer to on occassion and probably would get some confused looks from UVa fans. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm not a fan of the sleeve stripes being so big. If they were closer to what they wore in 1987 I think it would be a better look. I really want someone to take a whack at a way to show Indians that doesn't include an indian head. The plain block C just bums me out as it just doesn't stand out in a crowd. 

My logo design skills haven't quite caught up to my uniform skills, but this was an early idea I had for a concept Block C for the Indians

KiAekXY.png

Again, not the most refined thing I've produced but I think that with some tweaks it could work as a potential primary logo. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Wow. Modern but simplistic. I really love what your doing. Can’t wait to see the Angels.

iust wondering what others think of the coloured pants? I can’t iump on board unless it’s baby blue.

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

So here's a take on some Indian alternate possibilities: 

Q6BFD57.png

The first two would be Sunday alternates. Big difference is the C-Feather logo on the chest instead of the script logos. Also the hats and helmets changed to the C-Feather. The last uniform I'm not crazy about mainly because I don't see the Indians as having a red jersey but I threw it out there as a what if. 

s8vPYXN.png

Quick update to the Tigers. Made the alternate numbers navy outlined in white. I left the name white, because I think it looks better and cleaner. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Time to move on, now to the defending champs: 

Ey8ywH7.png

I really like the Astros existing identity. Since they jumped to the AL, I've really like their look. However, this is a concept thread and as such, we're getting a little wild. 

Hats - Kept the hats pretty much the same. Navy/orange and orange/navy with the H-Star logo. Batting helmets are navy with the H-Star. BP hat is navy/orange with a reworked H-Star with the state outline on it. 

Jerseys - Remember the Tequila Sunrise uniforms? Well you're about to get a refresher. Arguably some of the most recognizable and unique uniforms in MLB history, I felt like that should be used in some capacity to this day, short of a throwback. So here we have a combination of the shooting star logo with the tequila sunrise pattern inside it so to speak. Kept the sleeves clean with simple trim and like the old jerseys added the ASTROS and HOUSTON wordmarks above the stripe. Alternate jersey is easy, navy uniform with same pattern as the rest. BP jerseys are not quite as wild as I originally thought they'd be. Limited the sunrise to the shoulders down to the sleeves with the H-Star outline on the chest. 

Pants - I played around with colored pants but ultimately it didn't work so white across the board. I did add the sunrise to the pant leg. Socks are navy and orange. 

C&C welcome! 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived