MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I guess the era smashing attempt didn't quite work out like I wanted to, so here's another approach to the Astros

ooKK5Vc.png

I really want to keep the tequila sunrise motif as best as I can, considering it is the most unique look the Astros have ever sported. I got rid of the shooting star and went back to a normal five-point star. I didn't really see any other changes to make, so if you guys have any suggestions let me know!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I love the series so far, and everyone has their own personal opinion but to me these jerseys scream more softball then MLB baseball. Obviously, this is just my opinion and I don’t want these criticisms to bring you down or anything. This is just what I think. To me the Astros have the perfect jerseys right now... Especially with them winning the World Series this past season. It’s hard to change. 

I might change the hat to what they wore in the 2000’s with the present colour scheme. 

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

I've been following this series, and I think there's plenty of potential in your ideas and concepts. 

Orioles: I'd rather you have the Cartoon Bird on both the caps and helmets, but your method is fine as well.

Red Sox: Adding some placket striping on the road uniform would be a good addition. Otherwise, good work.

White Sox: I get where you're coming from with the big stripes on the uniform, but I'm not entirely sure that they work well with the Old English "Sox" insignia. That marriage of modern and vintage doesn't work as well as it does on the current uniforms. Having the silver-grey bills on the caps would also help the design.

Cleveland: I like your idea for the color balance, but the navy "C" on the red background looks as bad as it does now. Either add an outline or make it white. The "C" update is fantastic, and I'm glad you went all-in with it. It's best to minimize the name "Indians" on any design.

Tigers: That's a nice way to go "wild" with them. Well done!

Astros: The update meshes better, but the slab-serif lettering doesn't really go with the "wild" Tequila Sunrise design. I'd suggest using a font similar to the ones the Astros used in the 1960s, which has that "Space Age" aesthetic (while also updating the "H-Star" to match and have that "shooting look).

I look forward to seeing what you'll do with the rest of the series!

lGkBuNl.png

So this is just something I was playing around with. I didn't change the design of the jersey, but I did change the fonts a little. I plugged the old ASTROS font from the Tequila Sunrise jerseys into one of those font matching programs just to see what came up and I found a font that had what I thought were similar quirks and I used that. I used a normal block font on the back for the name and number. And I also got rid of the beveling on the star to simplify it, plus a sans serif H looked odd on the star. 

C&C welcome. Hopefully I can move on from Houston and onto Kansas City. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

1 minute ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

What do the find a font style numbers look like?

Not great, to be honest, for a sports uniform: 

td-720-60-fa891aabfe5780d18a1b21436302c97e@2x.png

I typed it out and deleted it immediately and went back to a block font. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So I've spent a lot more time on Houston than I planned and I hope that this nearing its end, but here's the font options and I want to get your guys' opinions on whats best: 

0ZTrIp3.png

First option is the newer font on the chest with the standard block font on the back

Second option is what I started them with. 

Third is newer font with the same font for the numbers. 

Lemme know what you think and hopefully we can nail this down and move on to KC. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

on one hand I'm glad I asked for more feedback but on the other I'm still stuck on one team so its a catch22 for me. Plus I'm just conflating the issue by offering another idea <_<

5uePoeW.png

I looked at the stars the Astros have used in the past and I thought of this little number above. I think this works better than the shooting star did because its more static like the star on the hats, but still conveys a sense of movement.  So my plan is this for the Astros: 

Hats will likely stay the same, I don't think anything will change. Neither will the pants. I'm now debating on the jerseys with help from you guys. Do I go with the slab serif fonts or the new age ish font with a standard block fonts with the new star set up? 

Let me know and then hopefully we can close the door on the Astros!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Honestly it’s a step in the wrong direction, none ignore it’s working, from the different stars and fonts, to the awkward thickness of lines, between the font and star beneath it. Your latest iteration of the navy and white star, is an improvement but I’d still pick the current jersey over yours. Maybe try changing the hat logo along with the others

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

Archived