MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

Alright, I want to say thank you to all for the comments, criticism and any other advice given on the Astros. I didn't expect to spend that much time on them like I did, but now is the time to move on. 

oFslS7w.png

I understand that not everyone is a fan of the shooting star esque design. I also understand that I can't please everyone. But this is my concept series, and at the end of the day it is my decision ultimately. So I went with the new star design for the home and away. I am also keeping the current fonts because I think that they work with this design. I left the non-shooting star for the alternate jersey. Beyond that I didn't change a whole lot because I found that not a lot need to be changed. And that is how I will be leaving the Astros. 

And finally onto Kansas City: 

9drH9lh.png

First things first I am a huge fan of a double blue color scheme. So to me, Kansas City criminally under-uses their lighter shade of blue so I thought I'd correct that. 

Hats - First things first I changed the black drop shadow by getting rid of black. It's now either light or dark blue depending on application. Hats are either royal/light or light/royal for all hats and helmets. The BP hats aren't too much different. I found a hat similar to what I did on Google and used that as BP hats, which I think that's what their meant for in the real world or they're Spring Training hats. Either way, liked the design so here it is. 

Jerseys - Much less crazy than the Astros. Simple triple striping on the sleeves, KC logo on the right sleeves. Royals for the home and alternate and Kansas City for the away. Not much more to say there. 

Pants - Simple as the rest of it all, triple stripe down the side. Socks are both shades of blue with stripes. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Royals look good! I imagine they’ll have one of my favorite of the BP sets by the end of the series. The only change I would make would be to have the wordmark on the light blue alt be white. I’ve just always thought that’s been a better look for KC, and it would match the rest of the set.

Sorry for the long delay, the last month of school has been evil and busy

yRZTcOW.png

Given the number of red/blue teams in the MLB, another goal I had for this thread was to thin that number out a little bit as best I could. The Angels are a team that I think can be red without having blue/navy/periwinkle/any actual shade of blue. Lets dive in: 

Hats - For the hats/helmets, red on red. I also reworked the logo so there is no more navy and made the halo yellow, which is what color it should be. BP hats are just red with a white bill because anything crazier just didn't work so I could see that had also being in the rotation as well. 

Jerseys - Again, navy is gone. I also found that the Buffalo Sabres style stripes work well for the Angels so I used that as their jersey and sock stripes. I reworked the ANGELS wordmark for all the jerseys with the new color scheme I'm working toward. Also gave them a grey alternate jersey since grey plays a large part in their color scheme now. 

Pants - I went a little crazier on the pants, giving them a pant set in all three of their colors. I think that they could make it work to be totally honest. I also used just a single stripe on the pants. It just looked cleaner than the whole stripe set-up on the jerseys. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

The Angels look solid. I'm surprised how much I like that all-red set. One suggestion I have is to incorporate more of the halo gold. If you're going to drop the navy, I think you could stand to give the gold a little more prominence. Red and gold would be a unique color combo amongst the league. 

On 4/4/2018 at 12:10 PM, coco1997 said:

The Angels look solid. I'm surprised how much I like that all-red set. One suggestion I have is to incorporate more of the halo gold. If you're going to drop the navy, I think you could stand to give the gold a little more prominence. Red and gold would be a unique color combo amongst the league. 

An original draft of their uniforms actually did have silver and gold stripes on the sleeves with the big red stripe. It looked something like this: 

1HviTh9.png

AmPJ0Ty.png 

So here's what the rest of the set looks like with gold added in: 

K1tQqPu.png

Only differences worth mentioning here is all the thin stripes become gold, the drop shadow becomes gold, and the hat logo gets a gold outline as well.

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Up next: Minnesota

skoQaM5.png

If the mothership is to be trusted, and why shouldn't it be, then the Twins have a lot of uniforms. Too many uniforms for my liking. Also I am not a fan of the gold they use. Yes it separates them from all the other R/W/B teams but I just don't think that gold fits them. As I was designing these, I came across the powder blue era Twins, and that's when I got the idea to use double blue again. Plus in my head it makes sense because they play in Minnesota which is the Land of A Lot of Lakes and blue = water. Thats as close to NikeSpeak as I want to get :lol:.

Hats - Hats, hats, hats. There's a lot of hats. The main hat is the navy/navy with the TC logo, and so is the matching helmet. The alternate hat is navy/red with the resurrected M-swoosh logo on the front. Matching helmet as well. BP hats are red/navy with TC logo and white front panel with the M logo. I'm not sure if I'd let those into the normal rotation. 

Jerseys - So I don't like the Twins in pinstripes. That's just me. I don't think it fits them. I like the new non-pinned home jersey and used those as the base. I borrowed the striping from the powder blue era and made them a little bigger. State outline with the two players is on the right sleeve on all jerseys. Drop shadowed numbers and scripts on all jerseys. 

Pants - White and powder blue pants. I considered a navy blue set, but it didn't fit so they hit the scrap heap. Triple stripe down the side of the pants. Socks have the jersey stripe on them. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

I like the Twins. The stripe pattern is probably my favorite part of the set. The only thing I would say are that I'm personally not a fan of the return of the "M" cap, I would go all "TC" if it were me. I would also maybe try seeing how red wordmarks look for the home and alt, I feel like those might help the drop-shadow work a bit more.

Overall though, great job! This would be a welcome change for the Twins in my book.

KCs1H9K.png

Quick update on a couple thing: changed the wordmark on the home jersey to red outlined in navy with a light blue drop shadow and it really does pop now. Also changed the red billed hat and helmet to the TC logos. I'm keeping the M on the BP jersey and hat. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

RGVGzUV.png

Tell me, did you expect anything crazy? The ever beardless, ever traditional Yankees stay that way. 

Hats - Hat stays the same. Same logo same colors. The BP hat is also the alternate hat (gasp!). Yes there is an alternate hat/helmet now. Nothing crazy, just a grey bill. 

Jersey - Again, the traditional look is largely intact. Biggest change is the streamlining of NY logos. I think the hat logo looks better than the current jersey logo so there is a streamlining that happens. Also I added a grey outline to the logo and the numbers. Away look remains also largely intact. Added a white outline to the numbers. The Yankees now join the club of having an alternate jersey. Navy blue with a YANKEES script that matches the away script. Striping also matches the away uniform. BP jersey has the big logo, chest number and some truncated stripes. 

Pants - Pinstripe whites and blank greys. Nothing more. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived