MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alright I think I got something figured out: 

8neDKNK.jpg

As much fun as the black/red/sand and now turquoise era has been, I think purple is a much better and unique base for the D-Backs. However, it is 2018 and times have changed and as good as the old identity was and after a lot of feedback on the preview post, a total throwback to the era went out the window to me. However I think a mixing of eras and designs could work and hopefully it does. Anyways, I kept the black and turquoise from the new identity, brought back purple and copper from the old identity. Kept the new wordmarks and font as well as the logos. 

Hats - Hats are purple/purple and black/black. Purple hat and helmet have the A logo and the first black hat has the D-shaped Diamondback. The alternate hat is also all black with the A logo on it. Any other combo looked like the Rockies so the D-Backs get two all black hats as a result. BP hat is purple and black, with the Diamondback logo on the front. 

Jerseys - Jerseys are white/purple/black. Home has the D-BACKS script on the chest, away has ARIZONA, and black has the A logo front left chest. On the sleeves is a more appropriate diamondback pattern which is what sold me on the colors. It just looks and feels like Arizona to me. BP jersey has the pattern on the sleeves, big A logo front and center as well as a chest number. 

Pants - Only white pants for the D-Backs. Black pants were on the table but eventually scrapped. Not really much to the pants, the pattern is down on the lower half of the pants, unless you wear hemmed up pants in which case it is done to fit. Socks have the d-back pattern. 

C&C welcome!

And as it turns out my last post was post 2,000. Well happy 2,001st post to me!:lol:

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Now that is an amazing Dbacks thread. As much as I adore their current colours, this is amazing. I'm glad you scrapped the tan jersey. May I suggest scrapping the "DBacks" wordmark by maybe creating an actual "Diamondbacks" wordmark? Us Arizona fans hate the "Dbacks" wordmark. It's absolutely hideous.

Arizona turned out pretty well! I'm glad you decided to go with something closer to their original look. A few suggestions:

- As @CanucksFan suggested, I would drop the "D-BACKS" wordmark. However, rather than create a new "DIAMONDBACKS" wordmark in their current script style, I'd just use the "A" logo on the home jersey. DIAMONDBACKS is just too unwieldy to look good on the front of a jersey. 

- How about a turquoise/teal alternate? It's something they've never had before, and it would be a cool way to put a new twist on their classic look. 

10 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

Alright I think I got something figured out: 

8neDKNK.jpg

Can you do one with Sedona red instead of purple, and another with magenta instead of purple so we can compare? Nice work.

On 5/3/2018 at 2:04 PM, bkknight95 said:

q4P1a0w.png

MY TEAM! Is it a tough life being a Mariners fan? Yeah it feels like every season. Anyways, I don't like the throwback/fauxback look they debuted a few years ago. If they wanted to, just throwback to the era. No need for vintage white for vintage white's sake. I really liked the socks that the M's started wearing a few years back so those drove the design choices here. 

Hats - for the life of me, I don't understand why the Mariners don't go to the navy/teal hat full time. The navy/navy hat seems so boring. So navy/teal becomes the full time hat, as well as the helmet. The teal/navy hat is an alternate hat/BP hat and because I was feeling semi-nostalgic, I included the new BP hat with the old trident logo. 

Jerseys - Jerseys are white, navy and teal. I kept the placket stripes on the white and teal and added teal stripes to the navy uniform. MARINERS on the front of the home and alts and SEATTLE on the away. I added the socks striping to the sleeves. Double outlined numbers and wordmarks on the home/away, single looked better on the alternate. BP jerseys are also semi nostalgic because of the racing stripes and the M's did experiment with those in the early years. Logo on the front, number on the chest. 

Pants - Pants are white and grey. I tried silver, but that felt too modern for this thread, so I stuck with grey. Single stripe down the pant legs on both. Socks are double striped.

C&C welcome!

LOVE this.  I agree that navy/teal should be the main cap.  I pray Seattle never goes back to the old royal blue + yellow.  

On 5/26/2018 at 1:36 PM, CanucksFan said:

Now that is an amazing Dbacks thread. As much as I adore their current colours, this is amazing. I'm glad you scrapped the tan jersey. May I suggest scrapping the "DBacks" wordmark by maybe creating an actual "Diamondbacks" wordmark? Us Arizona fans hate the "Dbacks" wordmark. It's absolutely hideous.

3A7Dj1E.jpg

Did my best to create a Diamonbacks script that was close enough to the ARIZONA wordmark. 

On 5/26/2018 at 11:23 PM, daveindc said:

Can you do one with Sedona red instead of purple, and another with magenta instead of purple so we can compare? Nice work.

hCYrBsv.png

I tried the magenta but in the end it didn't look right to me.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

10 hours ago, bkknight95 said:

3A7Dj1E.jpg

Did my best to create a Diamonbacks script that was close enough to the ARIZONA wordmark. 

hCYrBsv.png

I tried the magenta but in the end it didn't look right to me.

I was suggesting Sedona red and teal together in the home whites and red alt. In other words, just replace the purple with Sedona red, and keep the teal the same. Good work, Thanks!

On 5/6/2018 at 2:03 PM, bkknight95 said:

"When the Earth starts to settle, God throws a stone at it. And believe me, He's winding up"

FUukVZx.png

By far this is definitely the most controversial design of this thread. I was always going to keep a fauxback uniform in the Rays set whether it was the light blue or the navy one. But then the more and more I worked with the Rays, the more and more I began to loathe their identity. To me, it's just super boring and devoid of life. Then I had the crazy idea of making the fauxbacks the full time look. I have a feeling this won't be well received, but I figured I'd give it a shot. 

Hats - So keeping it with the fauxback style, navy hat with blue front panel with the TB logo. Helmets get the same treatment. For the BP stuff, I really wasn't sure where to go with that since the BP jerseys were going to be based off the fauxbacks but now the fauxbacks are the main jerseys, it didn't feel right to have basically the same jerseys so as far as the BP hat goes, kept it rather simple with a navy hat, light blue bill and inverted logo. 

Jerseys - Again, kept it fauxback style, but with a few tweaks. I took the striping from the light blue and yellow fauxback uniforms and used that instead of the monochrome double striping used on the navy/light blue fauxback. Also I tweaked the wordmark so there's more color represented. Numbers right underneath the wordmarks. BP jerseys are simple, just some striping and the TB monogram with upper chest numbers. 

Pants - The pants are where the most change occurs. Now there's a white, light blue and navy blue set to round it all out. Striping is the same as the jerseys. Socks have the stripes as well. 

This is definitely a departure from where I was intending to go with the Rays, but in the end I personally think its more unique than the current identity, but let me know what you guys think.

Coming in a bit late on this, but your first stab at the Rays was absolutely perfect in every way. I've tried to make my own concepts based on the fauxback and never quite got the handle on it, but these hit the nail on the head. I hate hate hate the light blue and white fauxback cap (not enough contrast between the blue and white), so the navy and light blue is much better. If had to have a nitpick with this one, it would be that the script on the white jersey might look better in navy, but I think it looks fine as is.

And now I'm sad this will never happen.

3834694136_f375c335e2_o.jpg3833900697_df7864756a_o.jpg

l6youuZ.jpg

Hotlanta gets a fresh(ish) look from the past. Even though I have no qualms with the Braves identity, one of my goals was to differentiate the Braves from the Indians. And i didn't have to look any further than the 70's uniforms. Of course I didn't want to go back to royal blue as I think this is one case where the navy blue works better. It creates more contrast in my opinion and makes the look better. Let's get to it. 

Hats - hats, hats, hats. I gave the Braves 3 different hats: Navy/red with the A, navy/navy with the A and navy/red with the A-Tomahawk. I think that all the hats work with each other and the uniforms and compliment the look as a whole. The BP hat continues the blast from the past, and is the same hat that was being used I believe last year? It's the throwback lowercase A on a navy/red hat. 

Jerseys - Jerseys have a bit of a throwback feel to them, as they should since they are based off the 70's uniforms. I didn't continue the sleeve color up to the collar just to be different and keep something new about these uniforms. I also did a bit of a Michigan State thing with them. I don't like the Braves in red. So the alternate jersey is the navy jersey with white sleeves and Braves on the front. BP jersey is another blast from the past with the A logo and a striping pattern derived from the feather on the sleeves. 

Pants - Pants are a lot simpler than they were going to be. Initially, the feather was going to be on the base of the pants but no way I did it made it look good, so I created a stripe based off of the sleeve feathers and applied it to the pants. Socks have the derived stripe. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Sorry I haven't chimed in in quite a while, but all of the designs you've posted since then have been really solid.

That pants stripe for the Braves is genius. I love how it translates to the socks and the BP jersey as well. Nice job!

PeVnYDc.png

Fresh off ending what is possibly the most well known curse in sports, the Cubs get brand new uniforms! If you're expecting a wholesale change then head elsewhere because I didn't change a whole lot ?

Hats - Hats don't change a whole lot if at all. Blue/Blue and Blue/Red with the red and white C logo make up the normal hats and helmets. The BP hat sees the return of the angry front facing bear mixed with the C logo. 

Jerseys - this likely counts as unpopular but I hate pinstripes. I hate the idea of them and think they are ugly. That being said, I won't :censored: on tradition and remove all pinstripes from the MLB but they're just so boring that they need something else in my opinion. So for the home uniforms I added stripes to the ends of the sleeves. Also, none of the Chicago scripts fit the uniforms in my opinion, so the road greys get the Cubs circle logo on the chest instead. Sleeve stripes there too as well as the walking bear logo on the sleeves. Alternate doesn't change too much, just the addition of sleeve stripes. BP jersey uses the angry bear, chest number and shortened sleeves. 

Pants - Pants all have stripes down the side. I also added a non pinstripe white set. That's another pet peeve of mine, when teams wear pinstriped pants with alternate uniforms with no pinstripes. chalk it up to the fact that I hate pinstripes. Socks, there are two socks:  solid blue and striped blue. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Cubs looks great. I'm surprised by how much I like the racing stripes on the home pants. I do kind of miss having a road "CHICAGO" mark, though. I think this mark with a red outline would fit with the rest of the set:

e591tliv6gy9sye73heye0hig.png

The door isn't closed on Chicago, but I had a quick turnaround on Cincy so here they are as well: 

4niLPM9.jpg

Black is gone. That was an easy decision for me. Black serves no purpose in their identity and so it's gone. Other than that, can't complain too much about the Reds. They had a bit of a rocky patch of uniforms for a little bit there but now I think that things are looking better but could still look better still and that's where I came in. 

Hats - Red on red hat. Wishbone C dead center on those and the helmets. BP hat is just a white with red bill and red C. 

Jerseys - Jerseys don't get too wild. Home jersey keeps the styling pretty close. Placket piping on the fronts, thicker striping on the sleeves. Home uniforms have the C-reds logo on the left chest number on the other side. Away uniforms have the "Cincinnati" script on the front with the number underneath. the sunday alts, are red versions of the home uniforms. BP jerseys are a little crazy with a Canadiens style chest stripe and a chest number. 

Pants - Red and white pants. Finally gave the Team Formerly Known as The Big Red Machine a chance to look like a big red machine. Single stripes down the side. Socks have the single stripe on them. 

C&C on Chicago and Cincy appreciated!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived