MLB by NIKE

colinturner95

Cubs look top notch as well as my Reds! I agree with @coco1997 about the Chicago script. It would make it look much better imo. And also I think Mr.Redlegs deserves a spot on the Bp jerseys otherwise it’s all looking good. Little weird seeing them without Black I’ve always grown up watching with it :/

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Updates for both Chicago and Cincy: 

YgMhlVs.png

Used the suggested Chicago script on the away uniform. Blue outlined in red was hard to read so I went with blue outlined in white.

dYhgw0P.png

I added Mr. Red back to the sleeves of all the uniforms. He also is the main attraction of the red BP jersey and got added to the sleeve of the white BP jersey. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Colorado took me a little while to finish, and you'll soon see why: 

kfsThzC.png

I found the issue with Colorado's logo wasn't in the construction, but in the font. Changing the font went a long way in improving the logo, along with a few changes here and there. Also the big change here is purple and grey become the focus, with black not being phased out completely just minimized compared to how it is now. 

Hats - One hat, purple on purple, with the new C logo being the focus of the hat. Helmets match the hats. 

Jerseys - 3 jerseys, white, purple and grey. Each jersey gets a mountain pattern design on the sleeves. New wordmarks on the front of all the jerseys. The matching number font did not look good, so I kept the same number font from the existing jerseys. Also because I know this is gonna get brought up, I kept the mountains purple on the purple jersey because it just looked better than doing it in grey or white. 

Pants - Pants are by far the most simple of the group. Originally there was gonna be a similar mountain style design, but after working on Arizona's design with the short pants, I went a simpler route with a simple stripe. 

BP - BP gear is a little wild, but nothing too off the wall. Normal BP hat is black with the big flying ball mountain logo. Jersey really doesn't deviate from the base design. Mountains on the sleeves, logo on the chest, number on the upper left chest. And because all the cool Colorado teams are doing it, (hey Colorado State, 28-3. Love Boise State ?), a state pride based BP set based on the new BP hat from this season. 

Here's the new logos I came up with: 

JlR3zpP.png

For the main logo, I got rid of some of the extemporaneous lines, I kept black in the mountains as I felt it looked better than the grey in this case and I used the new font and built it up very similar. For the hat logos, I tried to go for a CR logo like they have now, but in the end nothing worked in a way I could add a mountain. So as I came to call it the Hiding Mountain logo was just a C with a hiding mountain. I also came up with a symmetrical mountain logo which is what I used for the sleeves. 

Lot to process, C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

One of my favorite Rockies concepts I’ve seen, and the Rockies are a hard one to do! I love the purple & gray.

I just have a couple of nitpicks:

-The different colored mountains sort of bug me. Since “purple mountains majesty” is often used as inspiration, I would try to find a way to make all applications of the mountain purple if it were me.

-In that same vein, since black only appears on the BP jersey I would just eliminate it altogether. Your set looks really good without it.

-I would maybe put notches in the numbers sort of like the Rangers, but it still looks good anyways. Or it’d at least be cool to see what the matching number font looked like.

All in all, this is a great looking set, I just think it needs a couple of tweaks to really put it over the top!

The Rockies look great! The logo is easily the strongest part of the set. Glad you ditched black and the pinstripes. I agree with @MJD7 that you should think about adding notches to the numbers so they match the letters. I also agree that the black alt is unnecessary since black really isn't part of their identity in your version. Lastly, while I like the Colorado flag-inspired alt, I feel like there's too much going on. Maybe drop the "COLORADO" from under the mountains and have the stripes from the flag running across the jersey front like on @Carolingian Steamroller's doubleknit design

These are all fantastic. I’d love to give some more detailed feedback, but the only thing I can say is that you’ve managed to take every team’s core aesthetic and improve upon it. You’ve made some teams with bad identities look good, and teams with good identities look great.

That maybe the best Rockies concept I’ve seen yet! The logo is a perfect update, this is been pointed out but I’d make the mountains grey, like the hat. I may be the minority but I like pinstripes and miss them in this set, but it still looks outstanding without them! Great work as always!

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

So before we go too much further on uniforms, I'd like to nail down logos and fonts before the uniforms get adjusted: 

MWz5Oig.png

I took @MJD7's suggestion of the "purple mountain's majesty" and used that as the basis for the logos identity. The Mountains should remain purple in most if not all applications. I also added a stroke around the letters in the semi-circle. For the C-Mountains, the mountains now get a stroke around them on colored applications. The single color C works well for white and purple backgrounds IMO but the grey needs an outline on the C. The wordmarks don't really change much from the jerseys but I added them here for everyone to see. 

FJTQqZB.png

I wasn't nuts about the idea of a pointed number font but after putting it together, I think that it works much better than not pointed numbers. The 4 doesn't have any points because it didn't look good with the points on it and I couldn't find a usable workaround so at least for the moment, it remains pointless. 

Comments welcome, suggestions welcome and hopefully these can get nailed down to get the uniforms nailed down. 

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Wow. That is truly beautiful. The only suggestion I could make would be to add an outline on the "Rockies" wordmark of the primary as well, and also add a gray outline on the white and purple cap logos, to better match the gray background version. I would also personally make "Rockies" in the primary non-Italic, as that would convey a more upright and strong feeling, like a mountain would. But that's just down to preference.

If those small changes were made, I feel like this would be a pretty perfect identity for the Rockies.

Logo Update!

SsSWkNB.png

Again, took @MJD7's suggestions and used the upright version of ROCKIES on the main logo and gave it an outline and gave the purple and white C Mountains their own outlines as well to match the grey one. Let me know what you think and I can update the jerseys accordingly!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 2 weeks later...

So after a much too long delay, here's the updated uniforms

2gkt9up.png

Updated the hat logos to match the new style, as well as the numbers. For the main BP jersey and hat, I made them purple and changed the colors and logos accordingly. For the State Pride BP set, hat stayed the same and the jersey now has a double stripe across the chest to mimic the state flag and the logo on the front, which dumped the Colorado text underneath it. 

C&C welcome!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Won't have to wait as long for the Dodgers: 

oz4p4kI.jpg

The Dodgers (Brooklyn and LA) have had a very simple and easy look for decades. Was there any reason to change? Nope. The uniforms stayed simple as ever, but did get a few changes here and there. 

Hats - The main hat and helmet combo stays the same. Blue on Blue with a white LA monogram on the front of both. I added a white on blue alternate hat and helmet with a blue LA monogram. 

Jerseys - The jerseys stay pretty much the same with a couple changes. Added a stripe to the sleeves of all the uniforms and did away with the LA on the sleeves. I also considered eliminating the grey uniform and going white and blue only, but in the end I didn't like it as much so I kept the grey and made blue the alternate. 

Pants - Pants also stayed mostly the same. Stripe just got a little bit thicker and that's really about it. The socks also grew a stripe. 

Batting Practice - For the BP gear, I inverted the alternate hat and used the standalone D from the script, not unlike what they used for Spring Training. For the jerseys, I went with the shooting baseball star with the Dodgers script. I initially had a sketch idea of using the shooing ball with the LA logo but it didn't translate as well, so I stuck with the script version

Not as labor intensive as the Rockies but C&C welcome as always!

AmPJ0Ty.png 

Archived