Music City SC

DTConcepts

I had this idea out of nowhere, and I took it far, so here it is. My design for the supposed MLS expansion team to be put in Nashville, Tennessee. Here's what I came up with.

The MLS has had a trend where teams forego regular names for an "FC" moniker, which is something I wanted to avoid, but at the same point, I wanted to create a brand that could unify the city. So, I subverted the "FC" name and opted for "SC," meaning Soccer Club. And rather than choosing a direct mascot, I chose to make the city name more creative than a lot of other teams using the "-C" name do, but choosing a nickname for Nashville. With that decided, the name was clear: Music City SC.

The next thing to make was the logo. Nashville is a big city with a lot of things it encompasses, a lot of which I tried to incorporate into the logo. The colors came from the two major sports teams in the city, the Nashville Predators and the Tennessee Titans. The shape came from both a country guitar and the (in)famous AT&T Building in Nashville, and there are some other influences from the Nashville Parthenon. The Parthenon addition is a bit more subtle, so I'd like to see if anyone can spot it.

Without further ado, here's the logo as well as the jerseys.

pres3.png

pres5.png

The jerseys have some influence like I was talking about above. The home is pretty cut and dry, with a classical style. The road features a six-string diagonal chest stripe taken from a guitar's strings, and the alternate jersey is inspired by the Tennessee flag, and would be used to help conjure up some state pride.

And that's that! What do you guys think?

This is a solid identity. I think that removing the blue border on the "Music City text" and just having plain, navy text would improve the logo. I also think leaving the "SC" as just white text without a border would help. The jerseys are well done

15 hours ago, gswansea said:

This is a solid identity. I think that removing the blue border on the "Music City text" and just having plain, navy text would improve the logo. I also think leaving the "SC" as just white text without a border would help. The jerseys are well done

Like this?

pres1.png

I know you're going for a soccer ball where "SC" is on the logo, but I can't un-see some funky shirt based on the shape.

Since you're using a Gibson style headstock as the rest of the logo, and the SC is where the truss rod cover would be I would consider using a shape closer to the standard shape Gibson uses.

Les-Paul-Custom-TR-Cover.jpg

headstock.jpg

10 hours ago, Section30 said:

I like this, the road kit reminds me way too much of the Galaxy though

The exact same thought I had. Also, the Third Kit sort of resembles Chicago a bit too, but I'm from Chicago so maybe thats why.  If you could find a way to incorporate all three colors while keeping the same designs that would be perfect IMO.

Otherwise its a "yes" from me, definitely like the concept.  

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

Archived