Gothamite

Wisconsin Timber Rattlers to play one game as the “Brats”

Not the spoilt children, the sausage. 

cut.jpg

https://www.milb.com/timber-rattlers/news/wisconsin-timber-rattlers-change-name-to-wisconsin-brats-for-bratoberfest-on-june-9/c-267301416

Timber Rattlers Change Name to Wisconsin Brats on June 9

Announcing Bratoberfest Presented by Grifols

GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers will be changing their name and their uniforms for their game on Saturday, June 9. The Midwest League affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers will be called the Wisconsin Brats for one night only as part of Bratoberfest presented by Grifols on that night.

The players and coaches will wear special-designed hats and jerseys on the evening of the game against the Cedar Rapids Kernels. Selected jerseys will be available in an online charity auction with proceeds going to the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers Charity Fund.

The Brats look was brought to life at Brandiose in San Diego.

Well, heck.  Here’s a one-off cap I’ll buy.  Maybe those two t-shirts, too. 

An anthropomorphic brat in a Tyrolean hat?  I’m in. 

Is it just me, or is it weird that the anthropomorphic bratwurst is so excited to serve up his fellow brother brats?

1 hour ago, TornadoGTS said:

Is it just me, or is it weird that the anthropomorphic bratwurst is so excited to serve up his fellow brother brats?

my immediate thought as well

1 hour ago, TornadoGTS said:

This is a Goofy/Pluto type evolutionary question. Are the unevolved brats just fuel for the brats with arms and legs?

...I get the feeling I'm overthinking a perfectly cromulent running bratwurst.

2 hours ago, TornadoGTS said:

those were rival brats....He is the alpha-brat

10 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

This is a Goofy/Pluto type evolutionary question.

I just thought Pluto was exceptionally kinky, what with letting Mickey walk him around with a dog collar and leash.

As for the design, it's charming and probably one of the better takes on the anthropomorphic food logos for baseball teams.

I've hit the wall when it comes to these food themed named and promo alt names. I'm tired. I guess I've got the Itis.

24 minutes ago, RichO said:

I've hit the wall when it comes to these food themed named and promo alt names. I'm tired. I guess I've got the Itis.

Me too, but this one I can't help.  It's too delightful.

Wow, what a way to get your name out there.

I suppose it's better than advertising a brand of condoms or tampons.

On 2/28/2018 at 7:06 PM, TornadoGTS said:

Wisconsin-founded Famous Dave's has a similar issue (though pigs will eat about anything):

famous_daves_logo.png

On 2/28/2018 at 7:02 PM, Gothamite said:

Not the spoilt children, the sausage. 

cut.jpg

https://www.milb.com/timber-rattlers/news/wisconsin-timber-rattlers-change-name-to-wisconsin-brats-for-bratoberfest-on-june-9/c-267301416

Well, heck.  Here’s a one-off cap I’ll buy.  Maybe those two t-shirts, too. 

An anthropomorphic brat in a Tyrolean hat?  I’m in. 

A few things graphically bug me.

1 - The German style hat shouldn't be pointed in front, it ought to be rounded.

2 - There shouldn't be shine marks on the brat bun, and probably also not on the brat itself.

3 - That looks more like mozzarella on that brat, not diced onions or sauerkraut. If it is supposed to be kraut, the color is wrong.