skip88

Why does no team use earth tone colors? 

Recommended Posts

11 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

I guarantee that more than half of the posters on here are VERY familiar with the dad look.

Yep. That's MY style.

 

But the shirt is usually tucked in to my belted, pleated shorts (I'm an older dad with college and high school age daughters). 

 

And my polos are just about any color of the rainbow, from lime green to bright red to purple.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, B-Rich said:

Yep. That's MY style.

 

But the shirt is usually tucked in to my belted, pleated shorts (I'm an older dad with college and high school age daughters). 

 

And my polos are just about any color of the rainbow, from lime green to bright red to purple.....

 

Would you also happen to wear loafers or boat shoes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gothamite said:

 

The “Brewers” ones, but “Cerveceros?”

 

Nevermind.  They wore those July 1st last season, but I think that was the only appearance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, B-Rich said:

Yep. That's MY style.

 

But the shirt is usually tucked in to my belted, pleated shorts (I'm an older dad with college and high school age daughters). 

 

And my polos are just about any color of the rainbow, from lime green to bright red to purple.....

 

Same, except I've become a little more rebellious lately and have been known to sport the untucked look from time to time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, leopard88 said:

 

Same, except I've become a little more rebellious lately and have been known to sport the untucked look from time to time.

costanza-wink.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The old Coyotes look was pretty Earth-toned.

 

1410211077091

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing I can think of a team in NHL is the Boston Bruin that have used this colour scheme for limited time and it look appealing... 

Instead of Black, they used dark brown. 
winter-classic-jerseys-bruins-2010.jpg&w

 

And this one to make the bear stands out

*


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 7:58 PM, B-Rich said:

Tulane University, take note.  THAT is "Olive Green". Not this:

SetSize320240-Tulane-1318.jpg

Football_Team_Huddle_vs_SMU_October_2016

 

They’re clearly going for “Castelvetrano green” here.

 

On 3/2/2018 at 8:15 PM, burgundy said:

 

Would you also happen to wear loafers or boat shoes?

 

new-balance-dad-shoes.jpg?w=1024

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always thought these were designed to meet some definition of earth-toned. 

 

d733502c47d5d46d3b4d29756589522a--vancou

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always thought the Cardinals would look good if they replaced the white with a sand/khaki color.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These were pretty earth-toned. I know they're an alternate, but they're certainly more earth-toned than some of the other things being posted here.

dwyane-wade-heat-military-uniforms.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eRay said:

These were pretty earth-toned. I know they're an alternate, but they're certainly more earth-toned than some of the other things being posted here.

dwyane-wade-heat-military-uniforms.jpg

Yeah but that's clearly for a military theme. It's still earth tones but there seems to be a distinct reason for this one that excludes it from the conversation I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

Yeah but that's clearly for a military theme. It's still earth tones but there seems to be a distinct reason for this one that excludes it from the conversation I think. 

You are correct, so I'll try again. How about the Hershey Bears?

636005883521302066-ldn-mkd-060316-Hershe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2018 at 10:15 PM, burgundy said:

Would you also happen to wear loafers or boat shoes?

 

Amaretto Brown Sperrys all the freakin' time-- long pants on, wear'em with socks; shorts-- no socks.  Except if I have to do a lot of walking, then it's the sneakers (not New Balance^_^)

 

Heck I just realized there already is a near-perfect "dad uniform" picture of me on the board: DETROIT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Celtic 91/92 away kit:

 

GW218H396

 

A complete mash up of multiple shades of green and brown.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2018 at 4:12 AM, WSU151 said:

Always thought these were designed to meet some definition of earth-toned. 

 

d733502c47d5d46d3b4d29756589522a--vancou

 

 

Change the deep red to Kelly green and replace the orca with Johnny Canuck and it's perfect. 71eab35cb6de10dd7b4d09a02e752773.jpg_cf.jpg.2bff4667eae729a4dfb6dfdea44bdd3d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DId someone say "earth tones?"

 

91756027_crop_650x440.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now