MLB by Under Armour

csura999

Hey guys, just decided to show off some of my concepts I have been working on for quite some time!

Link to each team (Completed teams in bold):

NL: Cardinals, Cubs, Brewers, Reds, Pirates | Mets, Braves, Nationals, Marlins, Phillies | Dodgers, Giants, Padres, Rockies, Diamondbacks

AL: Royals, White Sox, Twins, Tigers, Indians | Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, Orioles, Stingrays | Mariners, Rangers, Astros, Athletics, Angels

I'm a fan of classic uniforms and respecting tradition, but I definitely feel like modern elements have their own niche in uniform design.

Modern can look great if done well, and not over-designed!

To get started...

First team up, the St. Louis Cardinals!

Here is the logo package:

2l9i3w6.png

The home uniforms are true classics, and are untouched--hands down one of my favorite uniforms in the big leagues.

9gac5l.png

The away uniforms are slightly changed, with "St. Louis" being on the front of the road greys, and a navy cap with a red button and bill--harkening back to the 1940's and 1950's.

vr8rvp.png

The throwback uniforms are those worn by the very successful Cardinals teams of the "Gas House Gang" era. These will be worn on Sunday afternoons.

30hldnc.png

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, coco1997 said:

That new primary logo is spectacular. Keep up the great work!

Thanks man, I appreciate it!

Next up, the defending World Series Champions--the Houston Astros!

Back in 2013, the Astros changed their color scheme from brick red, tan, and black back to the familiar color scheme of navy blue and orange--all of this just in time for their move to the American League. All uniforms are to be worn with the classic Colt 45's socks--one of my favorite socks in MLB history. The name on back font is the standard MLB Block, which is way less bulky than the font they currently use.

Logo package:

2s5y29z.png

I always wished orange held a more prominent role in their current uniforms--namely their orange caps. So, at home, the Astros will wear orange undersleeves, orange cap.

10z9r3l.png

The roads, have the same scripts they do now, and like the other uniforms--the piping is dropped from the jerseys--which makes the jerseys more in line of what they have worn throughout their franchise history.

2lt6fcy.png

An alternate orange jersey to be worn at Minute Maid Park as well:

zmq06.png

The navy alternates will be worn with a navy cap and undersleeves no matter if they're worn at home or on the road. These jerseys feature the "Tequila Sunrise" striping pattern on the sleeves--a nod to the uniforms previously worn by the club in the mid-1970's through the mid-1980's.

donhpe.png

ohntc0.png

8 hours ago, coco1997 said:

The Astros look really solid. I love the sunrise stripes on the alternate's sleeves!

3 hours ago, marlins2017 said:

Really well done with both of these teams. LOVE the Cardnials logo! Very impressive!

Thanks, guys! I appreciate the feedback!

Next team up, the boys from our nation's capital: The Washington Nationals. The color scheme of navy blue and red stays. However--more emphasis is put on navy blue becoming the primary color, and red becoming a secondary color.

Logo package:

2q15no2.png

In a nod to the Washington D.C. flag, the sleeve stripes on all three jerseys are two red stripes, one white stripe in between them, and with the familiar three stars above them.

The home whites finally have "Nationals" on the front of them, and get a navy cap with a red button and red brim.

2q3c2ea.png

The away jerseys retain "Washington" across the front of the jerseys--this time with navy lettering, outlined by white and red--double outlining like the home and the alternate as well.

2z3x4iw.png

The navy alternates are to be worn both on the road and in front of the home crowd at Nationals Park.

k9askm.png

2vtw6zp.png

As a Cardinals fan and a traditionalist, I wasn’t sure what to think at first when I saw the logo, but it has grown on me! I love the uniforms and the St Louis script. The navy blue has a presence in our uniform set now (I think we have a great uniform set) but the navy blue cap is an alternate. I like how you brought that cap back as a primary road. 

Oh and I obviously love the GHG uniform. Dizzy Dean would be proud. 

On 3/3/2018 at 10:04 PM, coco1997 said:

That home jersey is gorgeous. I like the move away from red as the primary color and putting the "Nationals" script on the home jersey. 

On 3/4/2018 at 10:16 AM, Cardsblues02 said:

As a Cardinals fan and a traditionalist, I wasn’t sure what to think at first when I saw the logo, but it has grown on me! I love the uniforms and the St Louis script. The navy blue has a presence in our uniform set now (I think we have a great uniform set) but the navy blue cap is an alternate. I like how you brought that cap back as a primary road. 

Oh and I obviously love the GHG uniform. Dizzy Dean would be proud. 

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! The Cardinals logo is actually a modified version of one of their All-Star Game logos from when they hosted a couple of years back.

Next team up, is a charter member of the American League since it's birth in 1901: The Detroit Tigers.

The classic belt loops just scream "Tigers," so they make a comeback!

Logo package:

335a6qg.png

I for one, will say that the fact they standardized the Olde English D on the home jersey to the cap logo, and increased the cap logo size on the home and road caps is a huge downgrade. To me, the small cap logo was a throwback to the days of Ty Cobb--to me, it was a nice nod to that era!

The home whites return to the bold Olde English D on the left side, and the cap logo gets reduced in size. The home whites go without a name on the back--thus completing even more of a throwback look.

2nvq802.png

The road greys get Under Armour's faux-flannel treatment--a look that I absolutely love. The white outlines around "Detroit," and the numbers get dropped, therefore cleaning up the look of the away uniforms. The striped socks from the 70's and 80's make a comeback.

30jsmyb.png

The Tigers are a classic franchise. I feel that their uniforms should represent that.

This thread... this is a good thread. Excellent ideas and execution.

For the Tigers, would you consider a gray road alt that strips away all orange? Or a home white alt that adds orange? Just curious to see how that'd look.

3 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

This thread... this is a good thread. Excellent ideas and execution.

For the Tigers, would you consider a gray road alt that strips away all orange? Or a home white alt that adds orange? Just curious to see how that'd look.

I sure can! After I unveil all the teams, I plan on showing off other concepts that didn't quite make the cut--I actually already had a home alternate with orange trim made up, but I can surely add that road alt that you requested, as well.

Next team up, is a team deep-rooted in tradition--being a member of the National League since 1890, it is the Cincinnati Reds.

Logo package:

2s86b78.png

The primary uniforms are heavily influenced by the amazing "Big Red Machine" Reds teams of the 1970's. The home whites and road grays are sure to make fans think of the days of Johnny Bench and Joe Morgan. A classic look modernized with button ups and belted pants--contrary to the sansabelt and pullovers of yesteryear.

xf9ul1.png

2zjl6vp.png

The home alternate is a look that harkens back to the vested looks the Reds have often used, and the sleeveless pinstripes they used for years.

ngc2g8.png

The road alternates are a simple colorway of the road uniforms. Nothing fancy.

2djdv0i.png

The Cincinnati Reds are a classic team, and to me, their uniforms should look the part of it.

On 3/5/2018 at 6:33 PM, Cardsblues02 said:

I actually like the inclusion off black, it is a Reds color. But I understand why you ditched it. I love the red alt, an improvement over their current alternate uniform. The throwback is gorgeous. Nice work.

On 3/6/2018 at 6:18 AM, coco1997 said:

The Reds look fantastic. Very nice and clean. 

Could we possibly see the White Sox next?

Thanks guys! I have an alternate Reds concept with black included that I will post after I finish the series.

And sure, the White Sox will be the next American League team I post!

The Kansas City Royals are the next team up. I love the "KC" they use on their caps. I like it a lot more than the "KC" they currently use on their logos.

Logo package:

epru45.png

I have enjoyed the Royals' increased use of gold in recent years at home. I wanted to translate that to all of their other uniforms, and help differentiate them from the Dodgers (similar with the exception of the front number color). The cap features a gold squatchee (button) on the top of the cap. The cap logo is slightly modified as well: A white "KC," outlined in gold.

The home whites retain "Royals" across the front, but is now outlined in gold, as are the numbers and name on the back.

20j38sy.png

The road uniforms have a very noticable blue tint to them--which harkens back to their old powder blue away uniforms. I dropped the white outlines for the Tigers because I feel like it cluttered the uniforms, but I had to outline the "Kansas City," and the numbers and name on back in white, so the gold and grey doesn't bleed together from a distance--a huge problem with the Brewers' current road uniforms.

2rz6wlc.png

The blue alternates are to be worn both on the road, and at home in front of the fans at Kauffman Stadium. "Royals" is on the front in white, and outlined in gold, as are the numbers and name on the back.

kcb03o.png

mblir8.png

The Royals have a very clean overall look. I just wanted to add gold to the uniforms and give them a bit more pop.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Really like how the Royals came out, especially the Primary Logo. 

Thank you! I appreciate it, man!

Up next are the Arizona Diamondbacks! This concept I had tons of fun with.

Logo package:

1xyvbd.png

I'll begin by saying that to me, their current uniform set is awful--the dark grey road uniforms are bad... Overall, just an ugly, hideous mess. However, there are some redeeming factors: The snakehead logo being brought back on the sleeves, and on their alternates, there is that beautiful turquoise color.

So I threw out "Sedona red," and "sand," and made a color pallete with a very Southwestern vibe to it: Black, turquoise, and copper.

All jerseys (with the exception of the throwback) have distinct striping on them, and is modeled after their old alternate uniforms--a nice nod to the tremendous culture of the Southwestern United States.

The home whites are simple, and clean. The turquoise stands out really nicely on these, I feel like.

vgrc5x.png

The road uniforms retain "Arizona" on the front of them, and feature a slightly lighter than usual shade of grey, and has a bit of a brown-ish tint to them--this lets the copper accents really stand out despite the grey base of the road jersey.

24y8t9v.png

The throwback alternate is sure to make D-Backs fans reminisce about the 2001 World Series, in which they defeated the Yankees for the franchise's only championship in just their third year in operation.

j7gbc5.png

In addition to that, is an alternate to be worn both on the road and at Chase Field. It is a black jersey and being on a black base, really lets the copper and turquoise accents pop heavily.

xp2550.png

qs8sbd.png

This was a fun concept to whip up! Being a team from 1998, I decided I can be a bit more "out there" with my concept, while sticking to the traditional aesthetics of a baseball uniform.

YES! The D-Backs are my favorite so far. I love that color palette. I dig the slightly dusty color of the road uniforms. Definitely an improvement over their dark gray set. 

Also, I really like what you did with the Royals. I'm normally not a big fan of the Royals using metallic gold, but I think you executed it perfectly here. I find myself really liking the double outlines on the "Kansas City" script. 

Archived