MLB by Under Armour

csura999

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, coco1997 said:

That shade of blue is magnificent. It fits the Brewers perfectly! 

My only critique is that the Barrelman doesn't work well on the home jersey because it disappears into the sleeve. Maybe use the BiG logo on the sleeve instead?

I concur with both of Coco's comments. However, I would suggest putting the barrelman on a silhouette of Wisconsin as a backdrop to make it stand out more. 

Really like the barley pattern too.

This has been a wonderful series to follow so far! Since I haven't really gotten around to it yet here are my comments on the teams:

-Cardinals look solid. I'm debating how I feel about the primary, but regardless it is a really clever idea.

-Astros are good, albeit a little simple. The navy alternate is very nice.

-I really really like your take on the Nationals, it's super unique and looks great. I love how the double outlines help to incorporate more white on the road.

-The Tigers and Reds both look classic.

-I love the Royals in blue and gold.

-I love Arizona's color scheme, it makes me wonder how the Jags would look with it. Part of me still misses the brick red, though.

-I'm a big fan of the new font and the sock pattern for the Sox.

-@coco1997 is right: the Braves look like a new team. It's refreshing, I like it.

-I always love seeing the A's in kelly green.

-As has been said, that shade of blue for the Brewers is beautiful, especially when paired with the yellow.

Looking forward to more!

Man, all of these comments just makes me super pumped! Hahaha. I appreciate all the love, guys. Wow.

I posted concepts on here YEARS ago. Hahaha. Was so afraid my concepts would get ripped apart, so I haven't done it since. Lol. Sure glad that I was wrong!

11 hours ago, Chawls said:

What’s the color hex for that Lake Michigan Blue? It’s fantastic. 

Here you go, man: 

034f72

R: 3, G: 79, B: 114

8 hours ago, FightingGoldenDevil said:

That Brewers concept is beautiful. Making a unique blue and introducing cream makes the Brewers look amazing. I wish the MLB/UA would hire you

I wanted a Brewers concept I feel like hasn't been done before. I wish they'd hire me, too! Hahaha. Thanks!

8 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

I concur with both of Coco's comments. However, I would suggest putting the barrelman on a silhouette of Wisconsin as a backdrop to make it stand out more. 

Really like the barley pattern too.

That is an absolutely fantastic idea, man. @coco1997 Thanks for bringing that to my attention! You're right in that it disappears.

@BellaSpurs - I see where you're coming from. But I just felt like copper and turquoise just absolutely popped on a black base, you know? Thankfully Chase Field is air-conditioned! Hahaha.

@MJD7 - Thanks for the critiques on all the concepts! I appreciate it! @marlins2017, thanks for the support as well!

This has been awesome, receiving all of this feedback! I really am super appreciative of it,

Just wanted to post, that I have updated the first post with direct links to every team's concepts that I have whipped up. Including a team that has a brand new name as a bit of a teaser!

Up next: The Boston Red Sox.

Logo package:

6ie7py.png

The primary logo goes back to the style of roundel they used for decades. The socks in the new primary logo are updated to their famous sock pattern (Shoutout to @SFGiants58 for the idea--it's terrific). Also, navy undershirts return to Boston--which I thought were always superior to red undershirts they wear now.

The home whites are unchanged with the exception of the socks and undershirts.

k1td9e.png

I loved the road throwbacks they wore against the Padres, recently. I wanted to bring that style back on a permanent basis! There is placket piping on the road uniforms to match the home uniforms, finally.

1zcie61.png

The red alternates return, but with some changes: The navy placket piping returns (should never have been removed), and the 1970's era red cap with a navy squatchee and brim is now paired with the red alternates.

2h6y9w5.png

I love the Red Sox's home whites--especially with their classic sock pattern and navy undershirts, but I feel like the road uniform could use some sprucing up, the red alternate could use it as well. So I sought out to do that!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the feedback!

Up next, are the North Siders of the Windy City--the Chicago Cubs!

Logo package:

2vxlj47.png

The sock pattern is inspired from the three stripe pattern they wore from 1927-1956.

The sleeve patch on all three jerseys is again home to this particular version of the "Angry Cub" logo that I am a huge fan of.

Their home whites are classics--I really dig them. So they are untouched!

16290qx.png

The away uniforms are highly inspired by the Ron Santo and Ernie Banks-era road uniforms--thin piping and all. Might be kind of cliche at this point, but they really do look pretty darn good--that's why it's done often. The current hip logo on the road pants is dropped... Never was a fan of it.

4hcbas.png

The blue alternates are to be worn just on the road, and are heavily inspired by their blue top road uniforms worn from 1982-1989. I like their current setup of wearing the alternate on the road exclusively, and didn't want to deviate from that.

j7gs1z.png

Really like the Cubs current home uniforms. The current road greys and blue alternate leave a lot to be desired, so I wanted to change that.

Well, you fixed all the problems I have with the Cubs' current uniforms--replacing the road wordmark with the Ernie Banks-era script and dropping the "walking bear" logo on the alt in favor of the superior primary logo, bringing the jersey closer to the aforementioned '80s road top. 

My only suggestion would be to add piping to the collars on the road and alt jerseys, but otherwise, great job!

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it!

Next team up, arguably the most historic franchise in all of MLB: The 27-Time World Series Champion, New York Yankees.

Logo package:

23mralh.png

The primary logo goes to the interlocking "NY," and the top hat logo becomes the secondary logo.

The home whites, are THE classic uniforms in the whole game. They are so iconic and synonymous with the team, that often the Yankees are referred to as the "Pinstripes." Their home uniforms are a MAJOR part of their brand. The interlocking "NYs" on the uniform and cap ARE different--but like the Tigers' two "D's," they each fit their application best as is.

2z8q8g6.png

The current road uniforms are outdated, and reek of the 1970's to me. To me, white outlines around the letters and numbers on the road uniforms work for some teams, but they do not work for the Yanks. Their uniforms also have thick sleeve striping, which the pants lack...  So, their new road uniforms are a nod to what they wore pre-1973. And as with Detroit, their road uniforms get Under Armour's faux-flannel treatment to complete a full (much-needed) makeover of their road greys.

2wn3b5f.png

No alternates for the Bronx Bombers. They are a team deep-rooted in tradition, their uniforms are simple and no-nonsense, as they should be.

Nothing fancy, but these are the New York Yankees we're talking about...

Two more teams will use the faux-flannel treatment... Both are National League teams.

Thanks again for all the support, guys!

Yes!!! I love the subtle changes on both. The sleeve stripes on the Cubs really make the blues pop, and you brought a more classic but more apealing look for the Cubbies. With the Yankees it wasn’t a no brainer. Removing the white outline on the road script is a great idea.

Potential Yankees alternate idea. Is to make a cream jersey to mimick the home whites. Similar to those Current Twin alternate beauty’s 

14o81a1.jpg9qgwba.jpg

Archived