MLB by Under Armour

csura999

Thanks you guys! I appreciate it!

On 3/23/2018 at 10:39 AM, BJ Sands said:

The O's look great, like the rest of this thread.

I know it'd never happen, but I'd love to see the Orioles have pairs of orange and black pants with the same striping as their counterpart jersey. They've worn some weird uniforms in their history and maybe they'd be the team that could pull off colored pants and a mix-and-match look.

Thank you! And man, something about different colored pants except white and grey makes me shudder! Hahaha. I guess I'm super traditional in that regard.

On 3/23/2018 at 9:08 PM, coco1997 said:

Any chance we could see the Marlins next?

19 hours ago, marlins2017 said:

Dodgers: Nice work, you can't chamge a team like that.

Baltimore: Well done, I also like their current look. 

As what @coco1997 said, the Marlins would be great:wink2:

You ask, you shall receive...!

Next up, are the Miami Marlins! An expansion club in 1993 that already has won two World Series Championships.

Logo package:

nnpn9j.png

The colors are heavily inspired by the Miami Heat's "Vice" uniforms. One of the few uniforms Nike has done for the NBA I enjoy... But instead of the bright pink, I decided to roll with magenta, instead.

Originally was not a fan of their logos, I have come around on them but only after editing them to be more solid colors and not overly colorful (yeah they are in Miami, but still), it could be executed better. So I simplified the logos and wordmarks.

The uniforms have a matching number font with both the "Marlins" and "Miami" word marks--unlike the current uniforms.

The home whites have triple piping (like all the uniforms), and are paired with a black cap with a magenta squatchee and brim.

wv8qb4.png

The road greys have a slightly darker hue to them in order to help the cyan pop a little more--but they will not be anywhere as dark as the Diamondbacks current road sets are. They will be paired with an all-black cap.

2nro4yp.png

The first home alternate has a magenta undershirt, belt and magenta socks. Meant to add a magenta cap, but will get around to that when I post edits at the end... I decided against a magenta jersey because I felt that was way too gaudy, and I did not like it. At all.

ddme6c.png

The second alternate is a black jersey to be worn both on the road and at Marlins Park. The name on back is just cyan. The numbers and word marks are cyan and double outlined with black and magenta. This jersey is supposed to give off a "downtown area" vibe with the bright colors glowing against the black night sky.

2111k5d.png

9pm5ad.png

The Miami Marlins current uniform set is very underwhelming I feel like these uniforms capture the whole "South Beach" vibe that Marlins Park aims for--and does well (besides that home run sculpture). 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, csura999 said:

Thanks you guys! I appreciate it!

Thank you! And man, something about different colored pants except white and grey makes me shudder! Hahaha. I guess I'm super traditional in that regard.

You ask, you shall receive...!

Next up, are the Miami Marlins! An expansion club in 1993 that already has won two World Series Championships.

Logo package:

nnpn9j.png

The colors are heavily inspired by the Miami Heat's "Vice" uniforms. One of the few uniforms Nike has done for the NBA I enjoy... But instead of the bright pink, I decided to roll with magenta, instead.

Originally was not a fan of their logos, I have come around on them but only after editing them to be more solid colors and not overly colorful (yeah they are in Miami, but still), it could be executed better. So I simplified the logos and wordmarks.

The uniforms have a matching number font with both the "Marlins" and "Miami" word marks--unlike the current uniforms.

The home whites have triple piping (like all the uniforms), and are paired with a black cap with a magenta squatchee and brim.

wv8qb4.png

The road greys have a slightly darker hue to them in order to help the cyan pop a little more--but they will not be anywhere as dark as the Diamondbacks current road sets are. They will be paired with an all-black cap.

2nro4yp.png

The first home alternate has a magenta undershirt, belt and magenta socks. Meant to add a magenta cap, but will get around to that when I post edits at the end... I decided against a magenta jersey because I felt that was way too gaudy, and I did not like it. At all.

ddme6c.png

The second alternate is a black jersey to be worn both on the road and at Marlins Park. The name on back is just cyan. The numbers and word marks are cyan and double outlined with black and magenta. This jersey is supposed to give off a "downtown area" vibe with the bright colors glowing against the black night sky.

2111k5d.png

9pm5ad.png

The Miami Marlins current uniform set is very underwhelming I feel like these uniforms capture the whole "South Beach" vibe that Marlins Park aims for--and does well (besides that home run sculpture). 

Absolutely solid.  Just one nit-pick though, Yelich is on my Brewers now ;)

592634da4cadb_sportsteamssig.png.c86c5b40ec930f46f206deec327ba08b.png

1 hour ago, marlins2017 said:

For my Marlins, I have to say I enjoy the look on these. Love the new colors, and how you kept the same logo and wordmark as what they have now. A+ for Miami!

Yesh, thats gotta be tough right now.

Jokes aside, maybe the best set you have done (although Dbacks and Royals have been pretty nice). The vice colors do wonders for the logo. The uniforms work and the colors look great with the normal all black uni. GREAT work! 

On 3/25/2018 at 9:11 PM, itsmb8 said:

Absolutely solid.  Just one nit-pick though, Yelich is on my Brewers now ;)

Yes! Just a minor detail I let slip through my grasps. That is my fault! Hahaha.

Happy Opening Day, baseball fans! Today is another new team--the Angels, now reverting back to the city name of Anaheim--the Anaheim Angels, has a ring to it. Plus Angel Stadium is located in Anaheim.

Logo package:

jtp5bn.png

Navy blue again becomes the dominant color, with red being relegated to secondary status. The color scheme being this way hearkens back to traditional Angels uniformsThe undershirts and socks are switched to navy blue. There are also now two caps: A navy cap with a red squatchee to be worn at home, and an all-navy cap to be worn on the road.

The scripts and "A" logo to me, are the best that they have ever used. So those stay--but do get modified. The "A" in "Angels," now matches the rest of the letters in height. Same with the "A" in "Anaheim" on the road jerseys. Also, the halo in all the logos are now yellow--also tying in to their previous uniforms and logos. The triple piping on the home and road uniforms are inspired by the 1970's and 1980's Angels uniforms--the stripes are a lot thinner--better than the gaudy, giant sleeve stripes.

549gyh.png

34g1vz4.png

The alternate jersey is navy. It is to be worn both on the road and also at Angel Stadium. It is essentially a recolor of the home uniform, just with a white outline around the name on back, numbers, and "Angels" on the front of the jersey.

2d800ux.png

30uxy5z.png

This is a sharp look, but it looks an awful lot like the braves with the blue caps and red brim, not to mention the splash of yellow/gold. The Angels should emphasize red over blue IMO.

Edit: Nevermind, it doesn't look like your Braves at all, I still think the Angels should be more red than blue.

@csura999 I love the change of the Red Sox logo and then had it match the actual socks, look really cool. Also, if you are going for the "Miami Vice" look, what would the Miami script that the Heat use look like on one of the alternates for the Marlins? Can't wait to see the Blue Jays!

12 hours ago, Elmos World 17 said:

Do you think you could add in the 1971 Lower case logo and wordmark?

36 minutes ago, Basil-Shor said:

@csura999 I love the change of the Red Sox logo and then had it match the actual socks, look really cool. Also, if you are going for the "Miami Vice" look, what would the Miami script that the Heat use look like on one of the alternates for the Marlins? Can't wait to see the Blue Jays!

Maybe I can whip those up, but they just wouldn't go with the current packages, you know? But we'll see!

The next team up, the San Francisco Giants. A team that recently won the World Series Championship in 2010, 2012, and 2014.

Logo package:

2n063ab.png

A couple of changes to the logos: The interlocking "SF" becomes the primary logo. Their secondary logo is their old primary with some tweaks: The gold color and shading is gone from the logo--going with just basic black, orange, and white. 

Always loved their color scheme of black and orange. Always thought of the Giants as a black-first team, contrary to the Orioles, who I consider as an orange-first team. So that's the way I differentiate them from one another.

Gold is removed from the logos, and is also removed from the jersey scripts, numbers, and name on back on the road jersey. No more gold dropshadows for the Giants, anymore.

The home uniform remains cream--basically the same. The sleeve patch is also removed--more is less. A modern classic of a uniform, not much needs to be changed.

2udw55i.png

The road uniform features Under Armour's faux-flannel look. They will be the last team to feature this uniform feature. This is sure to make the older Giant fans think of the uniforms worn by Willie Mays and Willie McCovey. The black placket piping is removed, and the collar trim makes a return, and the sleeve trim goes back on the end of the sleeves.

f1crgl.png

The alternate black road uniform is a nod to the 1980's-1990's Giants road uniforms that featured the interlocking "SF" on the chest.

rr5yww.png

I really like the Giants' current uniforms, a lot--they would be perfect if they removed the gold from all uniforms, and went back to their previous away uniforms, which is essentially what I did with my own twist (the faux-flannel look).

Marlins: It's nice to see that my concept had a bit of influence! While I like what you've done with the "Vice" colors, I think the color balance could use a little shifting. I'd go for a pink/black/cyan arrangement on the road uniform, using a lighter grey and a cap logo with inverted colors. My big complaint is that you played it a little too safe by not going with a magenta hat on the magenta-centric alt, and that you didn't fix the hat Marlin (i.e., deleting the hat Marlin). A new Art Deco-styled Marlin would be an excellent sleeve patch for the design.

Angels: While it's good, it feels a little paint-by-numbers. The red bill really needs to be on the road uniform's cap (maybe have an alt cap with the alternates). As it stands, the attempt to co-balance red and navy takes some of the liveliness out of the set, making it look generic. A good method to rectify this would be to add some sock design with an emphasis on red, work yellow-gold into the trim, and maybe recreate one of the old  primary  logos the Angels used instead of the roundel. I see where you were coming from with this one, but it's too sedate.

Giants: It's my team, and I kind of grade on a pass/fail system. You brought back the pre-2012 road uniform, so you pass. Faux-flannel is an especially nice touch as well! My only complaints are that you made the "SF" the primary logo, when the 2000-2013 roundel would work far more in that capacity (minus gold). The "script in front of a baseball" needs to go away. I'd also recommend adding sock stripes, be they the orange tri-stripe or an northwestern stripe (like these cuffs). Still, good work!

I like seeing where you've taken this series, and I see a lot of potential in what you've done. However, I think you're holding yourself back a little. Some of your designs come off as sedate, with too much of a commitment to traditionalism instead of experimentation. It's OK to go wild with your designs every once in a while and branch out from this board's expectations for designs. Don't feel afraid to put out unpopular concepts or make the most out of unappealing ingredients (e.g., what you did with the Diamondbacks). Just keep pushing forward, improving your skills (e.g., original logo art, experimenting with colors, etc.) and building off of the forum's input.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived