MiLB teams with MLB-caliber identities

coco1997

It wasn’t intended to be a double-outline. 

The plan was a navy navy blue script with light blue outline, on both home and roads. 

2229460474_5fe15c59ba_o.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=468051&d=147

(the cream was much, much subtler than this graphic indicates)

The only thing I would change is the cap logo - instead of the overly-busy beaver/letter, I’d use the gorgeous, elegant P from the alternate.  Navy cap, white letter, that’s the very definition of MLB-ready to my eyes.  

I’m so sorry I never picked up one of those road jerseys. 

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

It wasn’t a double-outline, although it may look that way. 

In these photos it's very obvious there's a double outline-white and light blue. That graphic is inaccurate.

portland-beavers-baseball-photo-3.jpg

7 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

In these photos it's very obvious there's a double outline-white and light blue. That graphic is inaccurate.

portland-beavers-baseball-photo-3.jpg

Yeah, thanks - I noticed that and went back to correct. The team’s graphics didn’t have the white outline, and the jerseys are so much better without it. 

8 hours ago, spartacat_12 said:

While it's not a bad look, I think you're missing the point of the topic. 

Much like the Modesto Nuts or Montgomery Biscuits, the Baby Cakes have a perfect "minor league" identity. They don't take themselves too seriously, and have injected a lot of local flavour into the brand. It's great, but isn't "MLB caliber".

9nohQh4.jpg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

The last Portland Beavers uniform was very worthy of the majors. 

portland-beavers-baseball-photo-2.jpg2229581710_0a73100064.jpg

Especially their alternate. 

attachment.php?attachmentid=468053&d=147

The bones are there, but it really bugs me when a team’s script lettering is a commercially available font. There’s always something about it that looks slightly off in the context of a jersey, probably because it wasn’t designed with that in mind. Even when it’s not a script, jersey lettering loses that little something special when it’s not custom, in my opinion.

37 minutes ago, johnnysama said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRFAffkYiB1fEU8zu1uRzx

01CoachOnFire

Despite the fact that red/navy blue is an overused combo in MLB, the Tacoma Rainiers identity is very much MLB-worthy.

Ralph_RC_vs_Tacoma_7_90030_960x540_qc4a3

The Sacramento RiverCats have a nice identity, as well.

I think the “RiverCats” name alone precludes it from being a major league-quality identity. :P

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

On 3/4/2018 at 2:50 AM, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Image result for rome braves

Image result for mississippi braves

Image result for danville braves

Got a few questions

Who this? How can they have the exact same jersey as a MLB team? 

Any other team do this?

And most importantly ( B) )  is that tomahawk on the guy in the middle of the last photo not placed wrong/too low? 

15 hours ago, MBurmy said:

WE MISS THE J'VILLE SUNS, PLEASE BRING BACK THAT NAME! *whpshhhhh*

Those Suns uniforms are fantastic! Not a fan of the cap logo on the white set, though. A simple "J" is much more e

12 hours ago, kimball said:

Why is this man on fire? 

This made me laugh out loud. 

Another team with a great identity and uniforms are the Louisville Bats:

BatsMajorAnnouncement32BW-M.jpg

I'd prefer if they had a less generic color scheme, but I really like the scripts and logos. 

This thread reminds us just how many great MiLB identities/looks there are. I think many of us (definitely me, at least) think of all the quirky, silly MiLB team names and logos and those start to become what we think of first and, while many of those have their own charm to them, I think it detracts from the identities that truly are great in MiLB. 

13 minutes ago, SilverBullet1929 said:

This thread reminds us just how many great MiLB identities/looks there are. I think many of us (definitely me, at least) think of all the quirky, silly MiLB team names and logos and those start to become what we think of first and, while many of those have their own charm to them, I think it detracts from the identities that truly are great in MiLB. 

While I agree that there are tons of those silly names and identities running rampant throughout the minors, some of the local/quirky names still present strong identities and great uniforms (such as the Charleston RiverDogs).. So, while not MLB-worthy, still a great brand

6 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Those Suns uniforms are fantastic! Not a fan of the cap logo on the white set, though. A simple "J" is much more e

This made me laugh out loud. 

Another team with a great identity and uniforms are the Louisville Bats:

BatsMajorAnnouncement32BW-M.jpg

I'd prefer if they had a less generic color scheme, but I really like the scripts and logos. 

Not bad, but something that hurts Louisville's: the screened-on names and logos. It looks cheap and un-major-league-ish.

Sioux Falls Canaries:

170826+GOLDEYES+VS+SIOUX+FALLS+0401++EDI

These Bradenton Marauders jerseys are really nice, especially with that gorgeous lettering:

13651122805_d525ca39b5_m.jpgJarek-Cunningham.jpg

Archived