Sign in to follow this  
FALCON6

NFL fan stereotypes by team

When you think of (x) team's fanbase, what kind of person do you think of? Are the stereotypes of your favorite team true?

Every fan of every team except the one I’m a customer of is arrogant and obnoxious, knows little about the sport, is probably a front running bandwagon fan, and has poor personal hygiene.

Did I get it right? That’s all this is going to be. 

I don't think we're allowed to post images that happen to contain swearwords but this comic perfectly sums it up.

The more I think about it, the more I feel that sports fandom rivalry is meaningless.

2 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Every fan of every team except the one I’m a customer of is arrogant and obnoxious, knows little about the sport, is probably a front running bandwagon fan, and has poor personal hygiene.

Did I get it right? That’s all this is going to be. 

Philly fans not obnoxious? C'mon, Vet :D

As a Cowboys fan, you'll hear these phrases spouted ad nauseum.

"Dez Caught it!"

"We Dem Boyz!"

"We got 5 Rings, what's taking you so long to catch up?"

"Goodell has too much power."

Patriots: Often smug I suppose.  I know so many Pats fans so it's harder to make a blanket statement here, plus my personal bias of course.

Bills: Stage 7: Acceptance

Jets: See above

Dolphins: They usually are adamant that the Fins have the hottest cheerleaders in the league.

Steelers: The St. Louis Cardinals fans of football.  Steelers nation this, best fans in football that.  Probably most consistent source of off-color comments, even for NFL fan standards.

Ravens: Guys we are so tough, everyone else's team is full of pussies!  Body-more Murderland!  We wear black and purple, so edgy!  Ray Lewis is innocent!

Bengals: Crushing despair, though strangely enough one of the few Bengals fans I know IRL is probably one of the most positive people I've ever met.

Browns: I think they somehow take enjoyment in expressing how bad their team is.

Colts: Bunch of whiny dildos

Raiders: This.

Broncos: Probably the best mannered fan-base that has tasted somewhat recent success.  Maybe it's the cannabis. 

Chargers: Always reminding people of the Chargers ineptitude and how they can't even buy sympathy because they aren't the Browns, Lions or Bills.

Cowboys: AMERICA'S TEAM.  Healthy dose of delusion.

Eagles: Used to be Cowboys fans minus the past success and America's Team shtick, but now that they've won I'm not sure.  It kinda redefines their fanbase.

Giants: Lowkey the Red Sox fans of football.  Always bitching about being unlucky and cursed even though they have 4 titles - 2 being somewhat recent.  

Redskins: I'm gonna leave this one alone because it'll probably get MOD EDIT'ed out anyways.

Packers: DID I EVER TELL YOU I'M AN NFL OWNER?  WE ARE SO MUCH BETTER THAN YOU BECAUSE WE ALL OWN THE TEAM

Bears: Fat guy with a mustache wearing a bears sweater and eating a hot dog or sausage.

Lions: See the Bills

Saints: WHO DAT

Seahawks: We are so special we are the 12th man on the field.  Everyone else is a casual we actually invented being a fan of football in Seattle

Giants fans are a trip. Seems like half of them are big loud dumb WFAN callers indistinguishable from Jets fans, which is good for me, because when I lament that New York is the vector of America's cultural elite, I remember that in sheer numbers they have even more of these dopes than Chicago does. But then you have the dorks who are always referring to ~MISTER~ Mara and ~MISTER~ Tisch and live under the misconception that football, at least as executed by The New York Football Giants, is some sort of gentleman's pursuit. I think those guys all live in Connecticut.

17 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Redskins: I'm gonna leave this one alone because it'll probably get MOD EDIT'ed out anyways.

I think I said once before that Redskins fans could be way more obnoxious than they are, given the Redskins won three Super Bowls in a decade and all, but Snyder's ineptitude and their third rail of a name has kind of cowed them into relative silence. It's like the Browns, but with a team that won its titles when people actually watched football.

12 minutes ago, the admiral said:

But then you have the dorks who are always referring to ~MISTER~ Mara and ~MISTER~ Tisch and live under the misconception that football, at least as executed by The New York Football Giants, is some sort of gentleman's pursuit. I think those guys all live in Connecticut. 

Ha!  I forgot to add that part but most Giants fans I know are from CT.  I guess it all makes sense.

The MISTER part must be a New England thing because Pats fans always refer to MISTER Kraft as well.

12 minutes ago, Kaz said:

Ha!  I forgot to add that part but most Giants fans I know are from CT.  I guess it all makes sense.

The MISTER part must be a New England thing because Pats fans always refer to MISTER Kraft as well.

It's usually more of just a stupid we-must-respect-our-dear-owner-who-gives-us-so-much thing. Steelers fans do it with the Rooneys, and I've caught Blackhawks fans referring to Mr. Wirtz like they work for the guy.

Anyway I kinda grazed this topic a few years ago when I tried to describe every team to an Englishman.

Brady is God, his balls have never been deflated. Nothing else ever.

22 hours ago, the admiral said:

It's usually more of just a stupid we-must-respect-our-dear-owner-who-gives-us-so-much thing. Steelers fans do it with the Rooneys, and I've caught Blackhawks fans referring to Mr. Wirtz like they work for the guy.

Anyway I kinda grazed this topic a few years ago when I tried to describe every team to an Englishman.

That was, and remains, brilliant!

As much as I love the Vikings and my fellow fans we do have a nasty habit of being a bunch of homers " WE HAV DE BEST DE FENCE EVAR" though I am not sure if this also applies to lot of other fan bases but, some do perceive as quite ignorant of anything outside of Minnesota. Oh and we refer to our rivals by childish nicknames like "Fudge Packers", "Kittens" and "Da Bums" ( though again I think this applies to other fan bases

Hey, did you know that God hates Minnesota?

EDIT: Whoops, misread the title. My bad.

As a Bucs fan most of my interactions with other Bucs fans has been pleasant surprise there's more than one of us.

I'd try to come up with a Patriots fan stereotype but there weren't any Patriots fans before 2003.