thespungo

Display-web_full.jpg?format=1500w

Majestic Athletic, the former official uniform supplier of Major League Baseball, was too quiet. So someone louder grabbed the mic.

In 2019 Under Armour takes over the official MLB uniform contract, an honor they (probably rightfully) stole from Majestic Athletic. How could a smaller brand like Majestic have competed with a sports manufacturing behemoth? Well, I'd have started with one of my favorite dumb marketing buzzwords -- brand extension.

One way Majestic could extend their brand is by aligning with a partner who can help elevate their brand. In this case, New Balance -- a rising player in the MLB cleat game -- would be a great partner to help create a custom cleat that leverages Majestic's proprietary FlexBase mesh material, which is what all official on-field MLB uniforms are made of. Not only would this give Majestic and their uniform technology more exposure, but it creates something new, unique, and tangible for fans to care about -- and is a huge revenue opportunity in the process.

NewBalance_Cool+Base+3000v3+Zante+Foam_W

NewBalance_Cool+Base+3000v3+Zante+Foam_S

NewBalance_Cool+Base+3000v3+Zante+Foam_T

NewBalance_Cool+Base+3000v3+Zante+Foam_N

To view the rest of the concepts, visit my Behance profile.

Archived