letsgomets1212

Rotten Tomatoes New Logo & Site

Checks all the same key boxes as the original in a more efficient manner... looks like a winner to me!

I like it. Maintains the older logo's personality while making it more modern. Plus, when I think of tomatoes, I think of red, not green and yellow - even if they're rotten.

A nice cleaup.

But it feels to me like the first O in "Tomatoes" should have the "splat" in it.  The old logo had three different O's; the new logo should have fixed that by bringing the total number of variations down to two.

I like it.  Delicate upgrade.

I like, but I'd agree with @Ferdinand Cesarano that I wish they only used two varieties of "o"s - I'd have made both the "o"s in "Tomatoes" match, personally.

I was thinking about a week ago if they were going to update it or not, and of course, they later did.

Thumbs up.

Simplified but, not in a bad way. Me likey

Well, in this day and age of oversimplified and cloned logos, I would say that this is pretty good. It maintains the character of the original without using overbearing elements, and also still fits a more current model of design. Very well done.

I like it. Fits the brand very well and it's a clean update. I'll rate this logo... Fresh!

23 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

A nice cleaup.

But it feels to me like the first O in "Tomatoes" should have the "splat" in it.  The old logo had three different O's; the new logo should have fixed that by bringing the total number of variations down to two.

I'm guessing they wanted the negative icon in "Rotten" and the positive icon in "Tomatoes"

Their logo is as bland as their "Reviews" that are incredibly biased. 

Lucky it says Tomatoes or the second o would be mistaken as an orange, even more so in that dull colour.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:41 AM, C-Squared said:

I'm guessing they wanted the negative icon in "Rotten" and the positive icon in "Tomatoes"

PlumpFarflungIbex-size_restricted.gif

That seals it. Upgrade.

If I try too hard to think about why they are named "Rotten Tomatoes" my head starts to hurt. You throw rotten tomatoes at someone as a way of showing you didn't like their performance right? But what about ripe tomatoes? I feel like you could also throw a nice new tomato at someone. But if a movie is "certified fresh" it's like they're saying the movie is a really good tomato and therefore not good for heckling.

Rotten Tomatoes is a weird name because it implies that the movie listed sucks (granted, most movies do suck).  When I was younger I thought the website was exclusively for awful movies because of their name.