neo_prankster

The World (League) According to Neo (2002 schedule)

4 minutes ago, Gman13 said:

Oh, now I see. Do you mean this is projected?

It'll be subject to change.

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 7:24 PM, neo_prankster said:

WLAFlogo.gif

The 1991 and '92 seasons in the World League went as scheduled. The London Monarchs shut out the Barcelona Dragons 21-0 to win the first World Bowl in front of the London faithful at Wembley. The Sacramento Surge defeated the Orlando Thunder 21-17 in Montreal to win World Bowl '92. There was talk about shelving the World League to retool it without any of the North American teams, but the NFL owners ran in to resistance. The sports talk radio stations in Birmingham, San Antonio, Orlando and the other North American markets were dumbfounded by the amount of angry phone calls. Europe also had its share of angry fans calling to their local radio stations, especially in London where a few passionate Monarch fans express concerns that any time taken off to retool would hurt their team's fan support. After the backlash reached uncomfortable levels, the NFL owners voted 25 to 2 with one abstention to keep the WLAF open for '93.

When the NFL announced it would expand by 2 teams for 1995, Memphis was in the running for a short while until potential owner and FedEx founder Fred Smith picked up the paper one day. The Memphis Commercial Appeal ran a survey that revealed a large number of Memphis fans were unwilling to pay hefty NFL ticket prices. Smith, who was to co-own the Memphis franchise with Elvis Presley Enterprises, offered to drop his NFL expansion bid in exchange for an expansion franchise in the World League. When the NFL owners agreed in August of '92 to keep the World League up and running for '93, Smith paid a handsome, generous expansion fee split among the WLAF teams already in existence. Smith chose the "Hound Dogs" as the team's nickname and the colors chosen were forest green and copper. Bidding is still open for the second expansion team that'll join the Hound Dogs in 1993. Among the bids are Amsterdam, Edinburgh, Paris, Milan, Mexico City, Omaha and a bid from Raleigh-Durham looking to revive the Skyhawks.

DX41ZAjUQAAHjzh.jpg 

WORLD BOWL CHAMPS

1991: London Monarchs

1992: Sacramento Surge

1993 Alignment

EUROPEAN

Barcelona Dragons

Frankfurt Galaxy

London Monarchs

Amsterdam Admirals (expansion)

NORTH AMERICAN EAST
Montreal Machine

NY/NJ Knights

Ohio Glory

Orlando Thunder

NORTH AMERICAN WEST

Birmingham Fire

Sacramento Surge

San Antonio Riders

Memphis Hound Dogs (1993 expansion)

I like the concept you done. I always thought the WLAF could have worked if the NFL stayed in North America after the 1992 season. I do wonder if there will be another Canadian team in the WLAF or how the CFL would be affected from the World League continuing onward. The CFL USA started when Sacramento and San Antonio (though San Antonio didn't make it) joined the CFL after the NFL decided to make the World League all European based.

Also I like the logo and design of the Hound Dogs.

4 minutes ago, Matthew25 said:

I like the concept you done. I always thought the WLAF could have worked if the NFL stayed in North America after the 1992 season. I do wonder if there will be another Canadian team in the WLAF or how the CFL would be affected from the World League continuing onward. The CFL USA started when Sacramento and San Antonio (though San Antonio didn't make it) joined the CFL after the NFL decided to make the World League all European based.

Also I like the logo and design of the Hound Dogs.

One other Canadian city that could get a WLAF team is Toronto for sure. As for other North American towns, Portland, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Mexico City and Los Angeles are also on the horizon. However, there's still a chance I might stop the Rams from leaving LA in the first place.

With the WLAF staying in North America, it is likely the CFL stays out of the states, but the World League still borrows a bunch of their guys till late June or so.

The Arena Football League could also see a bunch of their guys raided by the World League. Names like George LaFrance, Barry Wagner, Hunkie Cooper and Touchdown Eddie Brown are among the Arena guys that could see World League action in this series.

Just now, neo_prankster said:

One other Canadian city that could get a WLAF team is Toronto for sure. As for other North American towns, Portland, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Mexico City and Los Angeles are also on the horizon. However, there's still a chance I might stop the Rams from leaving LA in the first place.

With the WLAF staying in North America, it is likely the CFL stays out of the states, but the World League still borrows a bunch of their guys till late June or so.

The Arena Football League could also see a bunch of their guys raided by the World League. Names like George LaFrance, Barry Wagner, Hunkie Cooper and Touchdown Eddie Brown are among the Arena guys that could see World League action in this series.

I like Toronto so I'm okay with it.

I think Portland deserve a team since the last football team they got to my knowledge was the USFL Breakers in 1985. Other cities I like are Los Angeles since they would lose the Rams and Raiders in 1995 and Mexico City would be awesome to see. Last football team they got was way back in the 1960's with the Mexico Golden Aztecs in the Continental Football League.

As for the CFL and Arena Football League. I agree with what you say about them, though I do believe that the Arena Football League could survive from the raids. but may become a minor league due to what happened.

2 minutes ago, Matthew25 said:

I like Toronto so I'm okay with it.

I think Portland deserve a team since the last football team they got to my knowledge was the USFL Breakers in 1985. Other cities I like are Los Angeles since they would lose the Rams and Raiders in 1995 and Mexico City would be awesome to see. Last football team they got was way back in the 1960's with the Mexico Golden Aztecs in the Continental Football League.

As for the CFL and Arena Football League. I agree with what you say about them, though I do believe that the Arena Football League could survive from the raids. but may become a minor league due to what happened.

And then there's also the question of Baltimore.

Yes, the Arena league could survive the raids, mostly because the WLAF took place mostly in Spring, and Arena played mostly till late August.

Just now, neo_prankster said:

And then there's also the question of Baltimore.

Ah yes, Baltimore lost their team in the mid 1980's. Honestly they got screwed hard after losing them but I think if they got a team in the WLAF. It could give them another chance to having a team in the NFL. Like a promotion for them. I would call the team the Stallions after the CFL USA team due to losing the Colts.

3 minutes ago, Matthew25 said:

Ah yes, Baltimore lost their team in the mid 1980's. Honestly they got screwed hard after losing them but I think if they got a team in the WLAF. It could give them another chance to having a team in the NFL. Like a promotion for them. I would call the team the Stallions after the CFL USA team due to losing the Colts.

Baltimore at the moment is still in the running for an NFL expansion club, along with Charlotte, Jacksonville and St Louis.

Spoiler

I might make the NFL alignment a little different, but I won't give away how it'll look just yet, but one thing for sure, the Browns ain't leaving Cleveland in this scenario.

1 minute ago, neo_prankster said:

Baltimore at the moment is still in the running for an NFL expansion club, along with Charlotte, Jacksonville and St Louis.

Fine by me. :)

Can't wait to see more teams! I loved this league growing up. A shame it never lasted. I liked Orlando's bright jerseys and Hamburg's colors.

Are you doing the Memphis uniforms on your new template?

1 hour ago, mkg74 said:

Are you doing the Memphis uniforms on your new template?

Here you go...

DYCqTr9U8AAlSiJ.jpg:large

6 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Here you go...

Looking great. I like the uniforms. :)

1 hour ago, neo_prankster said:

Here you go...

A little contructive criticism, that copper looks to pinkish....could i use what u posted and give my version of the copper i would think look better?

5 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

A little contructive criticism, that copper looks to pinkish....could i use what u posted and give my version of the copper i would think look better?

Sure.

5 minutes ago, mkg74 said:

@mkg74, I know those colors on the logo and uniform look like earth tones, but it doesn’t matter.

Hey boss (neoprankster)  assbucket wont let me upload the image of the copper i think would pop out better.

I simply used your homeade drawing drew from the yellowish copper from it, its darker than yellow-gold however lighter than he average copper its a inbetweener, looks really distinctive.... 

1 minute ago, mkg74 said:

Hey boss (neoprankster)  assbucket wont let me upload the image of the copper i think would pop out better.

I simply used your homeade drawing drew from the yellowish copper from it, its darker than yellow-gold however lighter than he average copper its a inbetweener, looks really distinctive.... 

Thanks.

Just now, mkg74 said:

I think it fine as it is.