neo_prankster

The World (League) According to Neo (2004 WLAF Week 3)

Here come the Boise Miners!

DfYXe4lUwAAWsLq.jpg

C&C Welcome!

The Machine are back, but this time, as a whole new franchise in Manchester at Old Trafford.

DfYepPmVMAEqcTJ.jpg

C&C Welcome!

The 36th franchise in the World League, the Milan Vipers.

DfYlSu8U8AA84JV.jpg

C&C Welcome.

I was hoping for the Canary Islands to be an Expansion side.

I like the Manchester set, but I would like the away to be black shoulders instead of maroon.

At Least Things will change by the 2010's when the NFL and the WLAF will be equaled at 36 teams for both leagues or maybe 40 if this happens.

NEW CHARGERS STADIUM OPENS TO THE PUBLIC!

The San Diego Union Tribune

May 22, 2002

The reborn San Diego Chargers, under new CEO and former quarterback Dan Fouts, cut the ribbon on Jack in the Box Stadium in Mission Valley. The new ballpark sits east of Qualcomm Stadium on Friars Road off Interstate 15. The Chargers return to the NFL with the expansion Portland Platypodes added to even the league at 32 teams this fall. The Padres will play this year and next year at Qualcomm Stadium before moving into their new ballpark in 2004, as part of a bigger project to redevelop the Gaslamp and East Village. Jack in the Box Inc, based locally for half a century, paid $51 Million for the naming rights. The Chargers open their 2002 campaign on the road against the Los Angeles Rams on Monday Night Football, and on the following week, will host expansion rival Portland Platypodes for their home opener.

new_qualcomm.jpg

stadiumrendering03.jpg

2002 Expansion Draft

PORTLAND
Charlie Batch QB; Lions

Willie McGinest DL/LB; Patriots

Bruce Matthews OL; Oilers

Seth Payne DL; Jaguars

Ken Dilger TE; Colts

SAN DIEGO

Jermaine Lewis WR/KR; Browns

Aaron Glenn CB; Jets

Danny Wuerffel QB; Oilers

Roman Oben OL; Gunners

Anthony Parker DB; 49ers

2002 WORLD LEAGUE PREVIEW

The 90th Grey Cup will be played at the Citrus Bowl in Orlando, FL. The World League selected this site as part of a cross promotion with Nickelodeon, which is scheduled to launch a World League themed game show later this fall.

DfhLnFvVQAAa3Cj.png

With the league now at 36 teams, four more than what the NFL has, the World League has ratified a new scheduling format...

Each team plays twice against each of the other three teams in its division, home and away.

Once against each of the four teams from a division in the second conference.

Once against each of the four teams from a division in the third conference.

Once against one team from each of the other two divisions within its own conference, based on previous year's standings.

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Was the Grey Cup sponsored by Nickelodeon? Lol

For 2002, pretty much yeah. Nickelodeon Studios was still up and running back then at Universal Studios in Orlando.

0ea47331edd515745eb14a247bbafafa.jpg

1 hour ago, BellaSpurs said:

Was the Grey Cup sponsored by Nickelodeon? Lol

11 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

For 2002, pretty much yeah. Nickelodeon Studios was still up and running back then at Universal Studios in Orlando.

0ea47331edd515745eb14a247bbafafa.jpg

Must've with the Platypodes being named.

Fun Fact.

Platypus and Platypodes are both correct ways of pluralising Platypus.

MICKEY MOUSE SCORES TAKEDOWN ON VINCE MCMAHON

Say what you will about Disney's acquisition of World Championship Wrestling (WCW) roughly two years ago, but so far, WCW has enjoyed great success. During the fall and winter months, Nitro had been shifted to Tuesday nights to avoid conflicts with ABC's Monday Night Football. WCW has also helped revitalize ABC's once proud TGIF lineup by shifting Thunder from Thursday nights to Friday nights. Booker T had won WCW's most coveted belt at least twice before Disney acquired the promotion. Since then, Book has hosted ABC's annual Saturday Morning preview last September, and won the belt a fourth time at last week's Bash at the Beach pay per view in San Diego.

Walt Disney Company CEO Roy E Disney is currently interviewing candidates to become WCW's full time president by early next year.

As for the WWF, the court battle with the World Wildlife Fund was decided in the wrestling company's favor. The arbitrator determined that while the conservation firm had used the acronym long before it was adopted by Vince McMahon's wrestling promotion, which he inherited from his father in the early 1980's, the public's association of the acronym WWF with wrestling had surpassed that of the conservation nonprofit by a 4 to 1 ratio. As a result, the World Wildlife Fund will rebrand as the Wildlife Conservation Fund (WCF).

New York Times

July 14, 2002

On 6/11/2018 at 12:39 AM, neo_prankster said:

The 36th franchise in the World League, the Milan Vipers.

DfYlSu8U8AA84JV.jpg

C&C Welcome.

Love the colors but the logo needs work, it needs to be more defined, on the edges I feel. Idk something about the logo bugs me...maybe the eyes? But that’s my 2cents.....I do think we should have a world league graphic showing the teams now there so manny and such I forget who looks like who and what divisions there in. Keep up the great work!

With Milan, I think there's too many snakes near the top of the uniform. One on each side of the helmet, and one on each shoulder. Also, what do the snakes on the shoulder look like on the back?

6 minutes ago, Dan O'Mac said:

With Milan, I think there's too many snakes near the top of the uniform. One on each side of the helmet, and one on each shoulder. Also, what do the snakes on the shoulder look like on the back?

Dfl0uIxVAAAw54T.jpg:large

Here's a slight tweak with the tail added to the sleeves. The snakes on the jersey are supposed to encircle the TV numbers a la the horns on the Rams' old jersey shoulders.

C&C Welcome.

47930_01_lg.jpg53117t0300_lg.jpegnike_rams_002.jpg

Milan Vipers' statement on color choice:

"We wanted colors that did not favor strictly AC Milan or Inter Milan fans. Our goal was to create an identity based on the snake that appears on the city crest, make a commitment to unify our community and encourage fans to put aside the AC/Inter rivalry during the Serie A off-season."

Part of my issue with Milan is that the colors read more Arizona than Italy, when I picture Milan I picture bright colors. The current colors seem..too muted for the Italians.

1 hour ago, Darknes said:

Part of my issue with Milan is that the colors read more Arizona than Italy, when I picture Milan I picture bright colors. The current colors seem..too muted for the Italians.

Which colors do you think would work better?

Maybe Red and Blue with black accents. take the two colours of AC and Inter and make that the colour scheme instead of combining them for purple.

I figured the Inter Milan blue was a little too dark to go with black, so I used Carolina Blue instead.

Dfs0nB_VAAA3Ljq.jpg

C&C Welcome.