Houston Aeros Concept (NHL 2020)

Luingus221

Hello there, kind people of CCSLC!  I've got a concept I would like to share!

So in 2020, Tilman Fertitta, the owner of the Houston Rockets, decides to buy the Arizona Coyotes.  The NHL, who recently accepted a bid for a Seattle team, needed room for the Pacific Division, accepts the offer and allows the Coyotes to move to Houston.  Although the "Houston Coyotes" does sound like a good name, the NHL says that they may try to make a new team in Arizona, also called the Coyotes.  Fertitta knows the exact name for the team: the Houston Aeros, named after the WHA team of the same name.  The colors are the same colors as the old Oilers, and the logo is similar to the Oilers logo (it even kinda looks like an oil rig!)  The name is based off of Houston's AEROspace industry.  The uniforms are yet to come.

ANYWAY, here's the logo:

f3tmva.png

C&C apreaciated!

GOOD GRIEF I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN A LONG TIME

5 hours ago, Whittier S said:

What if, rather than the legs of the A to make two rockets, you used the negative space of the A to make one rocket?

Most space ships, such as the space shuttle, have two rockets to propel them upwards.  That's why I made two rockets.

22 hours ago, NoE38 said:

I feel like this logo would'be been good if Houston got a team in the 60s or 70s, not 2018.

Yeah.  I use an online tool called Vectr to make my concepts, and it's kind of a basic program.  So, I'll try to make it look more modern, but I can't make any promises.  Got any suggestions on how to make it look more modern?

So I made a new logo!  The old is an alternate, I guess.  The new logo has the same colors, but is in the shape of a space shuttle instead.  It is enclosed by a black circle, and has 11 blue stars along with the shuttle.  ANYWAY, here's the new primary!

11jt2d4.png

C+C appreacitated!

Looks like a piece of clip art stuck in a circle with a few stars? Try going for something more unique. That is so boring and unrecognizable. Nothing about that screams Houston or Aeros or sports. Take on @Whittier S idea. Or anything else on here. Anything other than that

Edit: it’s not even btw. Take another ten minutes cleaning up your logo before rushing to post it

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

12 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

Looks like a piece of clip art stuck in a circle with a few stars? Try going for something more unique. That is so boring and unrecognizable. Nothing about that screams Houston or Aeros or sports. Take on @Whittier S idea. Or anything else on here. Anything other than that

Edit: it’s not even btw. Take another ten minutes cleaning up your logo before rushing to post it

That isn't clip art.  I made that on my own.  It also took about an hour to actually make it.  Don't just assume stuff.

I guess it's back to the drawing board, huh?

I looked up this Vectr site, and it's really limiting. You'd honestly have more flexibility with Paint. If you can, I'd recommend getting hold of Inkscape. It's a free vector drawing program that is similar to Illustrator, and it has a great built-in tutorial.

rATMcmK.png

7 hours ago, Luingus221 said:

That isn't clip art.  I made that on my own.  It also took about an hour to actually make it.  Don't just assume stuff.

I guess it's back to the drawing board, huh?

@BellaSpurs isn’t really assuming anything. They are stating the absolute truth. It may not be clip art, but it sure as hell looks like clip art. Not saying you are a bad artist or anything, just what it looks like.

Yeah, nothing about this screams Houston. I live in Houston right now and other than the rocket, nothing makes me think of the area. 

Just some suggestions: Drop shadow is pretty horrendous, kill that. Too many stars, assuming their rival would be the Dallas STARS. Black doesn’t fit the color scheme well, the circle is too big. I like the old oiler colors, but that is about it. 

Archived