NHL March Madness - Final(ly) Matchup Posted!

OhioSportsMan61

Breakdown of how this thread will work:

• Each division will be revealed one at a time. Teams will be seeded (and uniforms revealed) as they stand in the division as of 3/12/18. 
    • 2 teams will be revealed each day as we lead up to the beginning of the NHL playoffs.
  • Once every team's uniform within a division is unveiled, a Top-3 vote will commence among the viewers of this thread.
    • Voting will be open for 48-hours.
      • A #1 overall vote will be worth 3 points, #2 vote worth 2 points, and #3 vote worth 1 point
  • Once votes are casted for each division and are determined final, the team with the most awarded points will advance to the Final Four. In the event of a tie, tiebreaker will be the amount of #1 votes received. 
  • After the four division winners are determined, a new set of alternate uniforms will be unveiled
    • Teams will be re-seeded according to how many points they received in the preliminary round
      • Voting will then commence to determine which teams advance to the March Madness Final, and the two winning teams will be put up for a vote to determine the champion.

For reference, here are the standings from 3/12/18 so you are aware of the original seeding:

S5tYoCa.pnguSv1apm.png

We will begin with unveiling the Central Division!

#1 Seed: Nashville Predators

OGdiG9c.png

wsWSeac.png

#2 Seed: Winnipeg Jets

nlnU53i.png

i3nW0Uf.png

As always, C&C is appreciated (all teams are completed fwiw). Let the madness begin!

My Behance Portfolio --- Follow @Steinosaur19

2LYbxnm.png

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Zeus89725 said:

Interesting idea. I don't like the lack of blue on the Preds' home jerseys. The bottom area of the hem should be filled in to provide more of a balance.

I kind of disagree with you on that. I think filling in the bottom of the hem on the home makes the two sets a bit inconsistent. The hem striping is supposed mirror the bottom of the arm striping, and look a bit simplified. A giant navy blob at the bottom of the yellow jersey sticks out like a sore thumb in this case.

2LYbxnm.png

Love the direction of the Jets, and have been mulling over a similar idea. It gets tough because the similar elements they had to the Rangers when you try to call back to those.  But that color scheme fits the logos so much better. 

That being said, I think red pants with blue stripes (like their heritage classic set) would be nice.  Maybe to see side by side for a better decision. Also concerned about being too close to Columbus.  So it's a toss up 

Also think the yokes would be better with just the standard round design and no stripes. Perhaps a stroke around it?  If so I'd add the wings back for the shoulders. Maybe try it without the words and sticks so it's just the leaf and wings. I saw that before and it looks great and very Air Force. 

I do like it though, overall. Has a nice RCAF Flyers nod to it.

10 minutes ago, B-mer said:

Love the direction of the Jets, and have been mulling over a similar idea. It gets tough because the similar elements they had to the Rangers when you try to call back to those.  But that color scheme fits the logos so much better. 

That being said, I think red pants with blue stripes (like their heritage classic set) would be nice.  Maybe to see side by side for a better decision. Also concerned about being too close to Columbus.  So it's a toss up 

Also think the yokes would be better with just the standard round design and no stripes. Perhaps a stroke around it?  If so I'd add the wings back for the shoulders. Maybe try it without the words and sticks so it's just the leaf and wings. I saw that before and it looks great and very Air Force. 

I do like it though, overall. Has a nice RCAF Flyers nod to it.

That was my thinking, too, on the Jets' breezers. Red may look good in theory, but for this series' sake, I think blue works just fine. Both NYR and Columbus will have red pants in this series, so I think the blue pants sets them apart from those teams. These were also heavily inspired by RCAF jerseys that have been worn in the past...just without the double blue and modernized. I'm glad you caught that! 

2LYbxnm.png

4 hours ago, OhioSportsMan61 said:

That was my thinking, too, on the Jets' breezers. Red may look good in theory, but for this series' sake, I think blue works just fine. Both NYR and Columbus will have red pants in this series, so I think the blue pants sets them apart from those teams. These were also heavily inspired by RCAF jerseys that have been worn in the past...just without the double blue and modernized. I'm glad you caught that! 

Understandable. Alternative idea for the pants is maybe to tie a little to the 90s jets would be to have matching stripes at the bottom of the legs. Maybe match to the white/navy/red of the home and keep a little space of navy at the very cuff of the leg. 

Edit: or my idea for the leaf/wings would make a nice pant logo. 

I feel like the Wild's road jersey needs to have a little more red. Red numbers might be the best for that... I do like the rest of the changes though. The "M" shoulder patch is fantastic, and would work really well on the road jersey.

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

I love the Wild set, the only thing that kinda throws me off is the difference in the numbers. From no outlines on the home to multiple on the road. I agree with @chcarlson23 that maybe red numbers would be better, I would suggest a green outline to them and then a red outline to the cream on the home.

20 hours ago, chcarlson23 said:

I feel like the Wild's road jersey needs to have a little more red. Red numbers might be the best for that... I do like the rest of the changes though. The "M" shoulder patch is fantastic, and would work really well on the road jersey.

19 hours ago, Section30 said:

I love the Wild set, the only thing that kinda throws me off is the difference in the numbers. From no outlines on the home to multiple on the road. I agree with @chcarlson23 that maybe red numbers would be better, I would suggest a green outline to them and then a red outline to the cream on the home.

Thanks for the feedback. My reasoning for the simplification of the numbers on the home and the difference in outlines on the road is that red and green never touch each other anywhere on the uniforms (except for the jersey crest). The two colors get lost in each other because of how deep they are. I could simplify the numbers' design on the road to just green with no outline, but that's rather bland in my opinion. Red is a tertiary/accent color in this set, which is why the cream is more prominent throughout both uniforms.

On to the next...

Seed #5: Colorado Avalanche

ZqOBuE2.png

fQmxd1a.png

St. Louis and Chicago will be posted tomorrow, and then the top-3 voting will commence for the Central Division!

2LYbxnm.png

Those numbers on Colorado are :censored:ing amazing, they complement the striping so well. My only complaint is the white yoke on the home. I understand the reasoning for it, but it's messing up the color balance. I also gotta say that your presentation is probably the best I have seen. Kudos to that.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Seed #6: St. Louis Blues

ufNfWYz.png

pQt8vmo.png

Seed #7: Chicago Blackhawks

lgSnQTG.png

bHSZWAu.png

And with that, top-3 voting will now commence for the Central Division to determine which team advances to the Final Four.

Please cast your votes in the following format:

A) Best Uniform

B) 2nd Best Uniform

C) 3rd Best Uniform

Voting will begin immediately and be open to the forum until Saturday (3/17) at Noon PST. 

2LYbxnm.png

Archived