Hendo's NFL uniform concept dump(ster fire) - New England Patriots 4/4

hendocfc

So I've been getting some NFL concept ideas lately... Will be posting them here,but I'm not really sure if I end up doing the entire league,will just be posting whatever I randomly come up with.

The Nike Vapor Untouchable (who the hell comes up with this stuff?) template used here belongs to - I think - @aawagner011. (If it's not true,tell me who it is and I will update the post accordingly).

Starting off with the Denver Broncos. I've changed several stuff when it comes to those... so let's see what I did:

1) I changed the colours! OK not really,but I did. The orange is now a rich shade Nike call "Hyper Crimson",meant to resemble the 1970s shade of orange. The blue is now richer - again according to the Swoosh,we shall call it "Deep Royal Blue".

2) Switched the number font to a block font - figured it fit the look better.

3) The look is,basically,a mix of the classic 1970s/1980s look and the current set; the striping has - much like adidas did with their mark in the 2016 Euros O' Sartorial Doom (sorry Zakk Wylde,I know that's basically your punchline!)  - been moved from the shoulders to the side,and rotated to fit,resembling the side panels on their current look.

4) The Colour Rush is meant to be a bit of a progressive look (although let's be honest, Lifeson,Lee and Peart do prog better than this!). The uniform itself is pretty plain-ish,with the torso area featuring a gradient from dark to light blue (Hey! Don't lie to them! It's Deep Royal Blue to Hyper Cobalt!). Figured since there's a fade in there,anything else would be Overkill (and then I'd have to Exodus it or give a Testament to the CCSLC Board Of Football Tradition Conservation!)

Here's the uniforms,then (SPOILER ALERT!):

sIxYrZF.png

GRzjoSd.png

2bN919r.png

X5vzexe.png

UPDATED:

1) Added TV numbers 

2) Changed all socks to blue - actually that happened by accident,but I liked the result

3) Colour Rush is now blue/orange with tonal helmet/pants logos

4) White option now shows the alternate blue pant option

dQQ8O9F.png

56tS6BY.png

DPmalMj.png

bIxMKTN.png

• 3 weeks later...

After some time,I'm back with concept no2: The New England Patriots.

For the first two,the premise is simple. The colours and logos stay,but the jerseys are a fauxback design based on the uniforms apparently worn when the team first moved in New England in 1971. The helmet stripe is modelled after the neckline striping,and the pants stripes are modelled after the sleeves,in order to keep a degree of consistency. The red alternate is a similar concept but eliminates silver (here,the pants and helmet stripes match as a result) . The all navy Colour Rush features a simple racing stripe design loosely inspired by the logo.

SPOILER ALERT! (warning:large images)

UpVOOtJ.png

wBFJTSA.png

IRMFeYC.png

5TP6xwL.png

Broncos: The problem with the side panels is that, from a side view, the colors don't flow. Even though the Broncos' current uniforms are lackluster and dated, they've allowed for the side panels to be a continuous stripe down the pants. 

Also, I'm not a fan of the navy to royal gradient. To me, it reminds me of one of the preset options for a bank card. 

I will say, the jerseys look nice. 

Patriots: Definitely like this one much more. Other than the mismatched stripes on the helmet I'd say the Pats is a home and road are looking pretty sharp. I'm even a fan of the alternate and Color Rush.

Oh, and just a note: The helmet logos look a tad small (for both teams). 

Thanks everyone. Going to post the last team of this thread,the Titans,later today. Then I have something a little bigger (and maybe a little... controversial) coming up. Hence I'm not going to update the Patriots,as I'll be redoing them anyway.

@Heitert,I see where you're coming from with the Broncos; I'm not good at using this template,stripes end up looking mismatched. The side panels are meant to continously flow to the pants stripes,but I couldn't quite illustrate that,oops! Maybe I shouldn't have gone side panels,lol! Wanted to do something different from everyone else,but as it turns out... FAIL. As for the Colour Rush... good point sir,good point. That's what I get for being an Englishman who doesn't know how NFL uniforms are meant to look aside from the current sets! (yet is intrigued by the aesthetics hence my interest in the redesigns)

Archived