ldconcepts' NHL Redesign 3.0 (Bracket Updated)

ldconcepts

IMHO, those would look better with the 3D centurion.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything in the thread is solid but Dallas in particular looks fantastic.  The striping is simple & bold while the liberal use of silver makes it unique.  Nobody would be able to accuse them of aping the Blackhawks if they went with your design.

Ottawa is another success with beautiful striping and a perfect balance of colour.  The 2D Senator was definitely the best choice as =O= works better as a shoulder patch.

The Wild are another standout as the tree-striping compliments the scenery-bear nicely.  Looking forward to seeing more!

If I could, I’d buy that black sens jersey in a heartbeat. Fantastic blackout look. The white is a bit of a disappointment in comparison, though. Could use some more black to fit better with the blackout home, though I’m not sure where. Simple black yoke, maybe?

I am digging that Canes concept, bringing back the flags is always a good move. I always thought black w red flags (and white w red flags) looked better than the red tops and would help seperate us from all the other red home sweaters. 

That Sens set is beautiful.

I really love the yoke idea you employed with the 'Canes, but you should really consider pairing it with the Tampa Bay Lightning. It's the perfect way to evoke a lightning bolt without being to garish. 

Ottawa's look is excellent. Black, Red and Vintage White is the ideal Sens colour scheme; it separates them from the other Black and Red teams (NJ, CGY, CAR, CHI).

Next up are the Nashville Predators.

Nashville+Predators+Concept2.png

I brought back the Preds' checkerboard pattern in the stripes. I used a double pattern outlined in white on the home, giving some much needed character. I generally kept the current logo/number arrangement, but added the pick shoulder patch to the other shoulder. On the away jersey, I coloured the hem and full length yoke gold.

What do you think? C&C Appreciated! 

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Looks like I'm hitting my 1000th post!

Another team whose identity is a little bland currently is the LA Kings,

LA+Kings+Concept.png

I got rid of their drab black and replaced it with a double purple colour scheme with grey accents. The light purple used as primary is taken from their inaugural jerseys, the darker from their early 2000's look. I used a simple pattern inspired by their previous look, but added white to the home jersey pattern to make it pop. I used their crown logo as primary, and added their old shield to the shoulders. On the sleeves, I used the simplified crown from the shield.

Nyzv9xS.png

I think it needs black to help frame the purple.  You are doing that here with double purple, but it makes the darker purple feel blueish, or the lighter purple lavenderish, depending on your POV.

Also, they love their LA badge, so it won't go anywhere, so keeping the current logo and using that for the shoulders would be more realistic than the old shield, which is probably too busy for a shoulder patch anyways.

On 4/11/2018 at 4:29 PM, ldconcepts said:

Looks like I'm hitting my 1000th post!

Another team whose identity is a little bland currently is the LA Kings,

LA+Kings+Concept.png

I got rid of their drab black and replaced it with a double purple colour scheme with grey accents. The light purple used as primary is taken from their inaugural jerseys, the darker from their early 2000's look. I used a simple pattern inspired by their previous look, but added white to the home jersey pattern to make it pop. I used their crown logo as primary, and added their old shield to the shoulders. On the sleeves, I used the simplified crown from the shield.

Way better than recycling the Raiders/Spurs colors.

Here's a simple take on the Edmonton Oilers:

Edmonton+Oilers+Concept.png

The Oilers have a nice new colour scheme, but the striping on the home jersey clashes too much. So, I based the striping after their WHA look, and filled in the cuffs, hems and yoke. I also added a curved yoke shape.

Nyzv9xS.png

Not bad in a vacuum, but looks way too similar to Nashville's new look, and I would expect the road jersey to suffer from the same color balancing problems that Nashville has now.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

I prefer what the Oilers have now I'm afraid.  They may have inexplicably dropped royal blue but at least the striping maintains a link to the dynasty years.  This concept, while attractive in it's own right, doesn't really honor the legacy of the team.  The road iteration is essentially Nashville with orange instead of yellow

Next up are the New York Rangers.

New+York+Rangers+Concept.png

I gave them the navy blue treatment, and fixed all the little things I think could be improved to make their set perfect. I made their striping pattern more consistent: this included evening out the stripes, adding blue cuffs and hems and keeping the shoulder striping on both jerseys. I angled the arm striping, straightened the name font, got rid of the logo on the pants, made the helmet logo consistent with the rest of the uniform and changed up the collar.

Nyzv9xS.png

Hopefully this concept will *ahem* spark some C&C.

Tampa+Bay+Lightning+Concept.png

For the Lightning, I reintroduced black into their colour scheme, notably on the pants. I recoloured their Edge logo and removed the text. I kept the home jersey blue, but used a pattern based off of their inaugural uniforms with silver accents. On the away jersey, I kept the same pattern, but added blue yokes, hems and cuffs. I also kept the current font, but added silver.

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived