ldconcepts' NHL Redesign 3.0 (Bracket Updated)

ldconcepts

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next up: the Florida Panthers.

panthersupdate.png

I was inspired by their original uniforms' striping pattern, but added a wild sun ray pattern on top. I brought back their sun shoulder patch, recoloured with their new gold. I kept the rest of their pattern simple.

What do you think? C&C Appreciated!

Nyzv9xS.png

Twitter: @ldconcepts / Instagram: @ld.concepts / Website

Here's my take on the Penguins:

Pittsburgh+Penguins+Concept.png

Pittsburgh doesn't have to change their uniforms anytime soon. But for this concept, I modernized their look by throwing back to their original Vegas Gold triangle design. I opted for a lighter design, simply using a set of two stripes.

Nyzv9xS.png

I wonder what that design would look like in gold ... seeing as I would expect the Pens to use a gold alternate next year. Also, Letang is 58 and Guentzel is 59, not sure which you were going for there.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

16 hours ago, Bpoe96 said:

I wonder what that design would look like in gold ... seeing as I would expect the Pens to use a gold alternate next year. Also, Letang is 58 and Guentzel is 59, not sure which you were going for there.

Nice catch. Fixed.

As for the gold alternate, I gave it a shot... I've already made something similar, but here's something new with a minimalist style:

pensalt.png

Nyzv9xS.png

Next up are the Calgary Flames.

Calgary+Flames+Concept2.png

I darkened their red a tad for more contrast. I used a simple striping arrangement with their pre-Edge pattern. On the home jersey, I emphasized white, and kept yellow as secondary on both jerseys. I recoloured their old alternate font and logo. 

Nyzv9xS.png

Here's my concept for the Habs.

Montreal+Canadiens+Concept2.png

I didn't reinvent the wheel, but I reversed the chest stripe on the red jersey, and added a matching yoke and hem design. I simply recoloured it to create a road jersey.

Nyzv9xS.png

Anything on the last few concepts is still welcome.

Boston+Bruins+Concept3.png

For the Bruins, I replaced black with brown. I kept their current number arrangements and shoulder patches. I used a matching striping pattern on both jerseys, but left yellow as a dominant colour on the away jerseys. The sock pattern matches the yoke, and the yellow sock makes a return.

Nyzv9xS.png

Calgary: I'd either remove the yoke or make it angled like the striping. Other than that, Great modernization of the pre-edge jerseys.

Montreal: I appreciate the effort, but the lack of blue is really hurting the design.

Boston: Home is perfect, Away is lacking in color balance. I flip the colours on the away yoke.

@noe38concepts (Instagram - Twitter)

spacer.png

Here's my take on the Leafs:

Toronto+Maple+Leafs+Concept2.png

I put a mix of both of the Leafs' historic patterns around the TV numbers, and added veins from the logo between them. Other than that, I kept the same number and pant design from their current uniforms. I also got rid of the half collar on both jerseys.

Nyzv9xS.png

• ldconcepts changed the title to ldconcepts' NHL Redesign 3.0 (TOR Added!)
On 4/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, ldconcepts said:

Anything on the last few concepts is still welcome.

Boston+Bruins+Concept3.png

For the Bruins, I replaced black with brown. I kept their current number arrangements and shoulder patches. I used a matching striping pattern on both jerseys, but left yellow as a dominant colour on the away jerseys. The sock pattern matches the yoke, and the yellow sock makes a return.

The socks are terrible but everything else is nice.

Next up are the Coyotes.

Arizona+Coyotes+Concept2.png

I took the their hanger effect and applied it to the hems and arms. I kept the same pattern on both jerseys, and added more sand. I kept the mismatching shoulder patches.

Nyzv9xS.png

5 hours ago, ldconcepts said:

Next up are the Coyotes.

Arizona+Coyotes+Concept2.png

I took the their hanger effect and applied it to the hems and arms. I kept the same pattern on both jerseys, and added more sand. I kept the mismatching shoulder patches.

You really love using these patterns on the uniforms, don't you?

Personally, I think Carolina's new home jerseys this year nailed the way that these patterns should be done: subtle, but not so much that you can't see it. I think some of your designs would look a lot better if you took that approach, because I love these ideas, but they begin to look a bit garish when you have them so prominent. Even Carolina's old uniforms look incredibly dated when you look back at them today. 

Unrelated from the pattern, I think the home jersey would look much better if you swapped the white and red in the striping. As of now I don't think there's enough contrast in that uniform to make it pop; sure the black contrasts enough so that it doesn't blend in, but it doesn't stand out either. Other than that I really like the design.

58f9196939e87_CCSLCsig.png.9bc4492f6b88c5f7d305eb5337acf1f0.png

On 4/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, ldconcepts said:

Next up are the Calgary Flames.

Calgary+Flames+Concept2.png

I darkened their red a tad for more contrast. I used a simple striping arrangement with their pre-Edge pattern. On the home jersey, I emphasized white, and kept yellow as secondary on both jerseys. I recoloured their old alternate font and logo. 

I'm a big fan of this set.  Darkening the red is a necessity if you're going to remove the black and I love the subtle nod the 2004 set.  The font choice is great too.  Clean, attractive, modern and well suited to the striping configuration.  The one element I'm not feeling however is the inclusion of the shoulder yoke on the white.  It doesn't fit with the angled stripes and it boxes-in not only the primary logo but the shoulder patches as well.  The home reds look so much stronger because the logos are allowed to breathe.

Next up are the Blue Jackets.

Columbus+Blue+Jackets+Concept.png

I put their classic triple stripe pattern on the shoulders, with a touch of grey added. On the home jersey, I changed it to a pattern matching the Ohio flag. I used blue and white hems and cuffs, and added stars on the sleeves. I kept their current numbers, logos, and pants.

Nyzv9xS.png

Archived