Welcome to the 90's

Luingus221

Bill Clinton, Pogs, Playstation, Windows 95, and the dawn of the Internet...  Ah yes, the sweet smell of the 90's.

The 90's in sports were a big time, but especially so with logos, as many teams wanted to modernize their looks.  While this did create some good logos, it also created some really bad ones.  In this topic, you can post what you feel in your opinion to be bad logos of the 90's.  Originally, I wanted to do good logos, but I went with bad when I saw what I think is an awful Seattle SuperSonics logo from the 90's.

Criteria:

1. Must originiate in the 90's.
  2. Must be (in your opinion) bad.
  3. Must post an image of a logo.
  4. Uniforms are optional.
  5. Reasoning for why you think it looks bad.

Here's that Sonics logo I was talking about in earlier in this post.  I guess some people like it, but the colors don't fit that well IMO.

i6j9dz.jpg

Anyway, have fun looking at the 90's!

GOOD GRIEF I HAVEN'T BEEN HERE IN A LONG TIME

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

This look made no sense then and looking back, it somehow makes even less sense.83368711c1abbdecb649fda37f75e851.png

Screen_Shot_2012-07-31_at_9.44.48_AM.png

Don't get me wrong, these are ugly., but I kinda love them. I wanted a Dan Majerle jersey in the worst way.

Also, the 1994 Kentucky Uniforms (well, shorts, mostly). Woof.

anthony_epps2.jpg

I've got a couple:

1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.png

This just screams 90s. Buff dude, gradient, loud, bright colors, it's the perfect 90s bad package. (Quick side note: why does the outline of "Warriors" dip under the O and S? Why not just make it uniform?)

vr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gif

Oh my. The logo concept isn't awful, but the overly edgy font and the face on the rocket really cement this as a "peak 90s" logo.

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, QueenCitySwarm said:

I've got a couple:

1bhcqs6l5t44lw04y1tygdsce.png

This just screams 90s. Buff dude, gradient, loud, bright colors, it's the perfect 90s bad package. (Quick side note: why does the outline of "Warriors" dip under the O and S? Why not just make it uniform?)

vr7yd7ghightk5f9g3jh5ltnc.gif

Oh my. The logo concept isn't awful, but the overly edgy font and the face on the rocket really cement this as a "peak 90s" logo.

You’re tearing apart the best logos that these franchises have ever had. I saw someone had done up that rockets logo in red and gold and it looked pretty good.

Archived