Welcome to the 90's

Luingus221

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/18/2018 at 11:19 PM, slapshot said:

The outline dips because letters with rounded edges are actually taller than those with flat edges. Rounded edges drop above or below (sometimes both) the baseline and cap height. It's done this way, because if they were all the exact same height, your eye would trick you into thinking the rounded letters are shorter than the flat ones.

I thought it must have something to do with tricking your eye or something. Thanks for clearing it up! (It's still an awful logo though.)

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 3/19/2018 at 7:49 PM, neo_prankster said:

No 90's uniform conversation would be complete without these...

95Firepromors.jpg.w300h320.jpg95Galaxypromors.jpg.w300h315.jpg

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I have the 1995 version of the Galaxy jersey and the FabKnit road version of the Rhein Fire jersey. The numbers were two color minus the drop shadow. 

Cool.

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

2 minutes ago, neo_prankster said:

Cool.

However, I do have a bit of a dislike for how Fabknit stripped down the looks of all the teams in '97. Amsterdam for example looked more like the Chicago Bears without the green and orange shoulder yokes, and Scotland looked more like a more consistent/competent Dallas Cowboys.

Still better than the "everyone will look like the titans, Vikings or Patriots" designs at the end. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

42 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

The Galaxy jersey makes me soaking wet downstairs.  I hated all the others of that style (with the possible exception of Barcelona) but damn if that Frankfurt one wasn't great.

Probably coulda done without the side panels and maybe just plain white numbers without a shadow, but those are minor nitpicks.

They did address your nitpicks in '96...

On 3/20/2018 at 1:59 AM, DrAwesomeberry said:

IMG_1407-510x510.jpg

The thirds, however, were pure 90s greatness.

This crest should be the current on ice look and the full body or promotional materials

Archived